Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:06:16 AM
Quote from: sheamy on October 27, 2011, 08:46:52 AM
Class! There's a post for BC1 to pin on the changing room door  :)

If you think we need SS2's rantings to get us ready for St Galls then  ;D 

I have to say SS2 you really are obsessed about our skulduggery, and how we win games by making it "unrefereeable"(if itaked shins exists or not, I like it!).  If for one moment you think we are the only teams who have ever done it ask David O Neill, or Danny Quinn, or Kevin Gunn, or isyourboydownyet or the inbred Balubas, or any number of players who have tortured Cross forwards over the years.  I was never an angel but trust me I had the nips and the raked shins, or the fat lip/ear/nose/eyes.   I recently watched the replay of the Ulster final against Ballinderry a few years back and the "skulduggery" employed that day by the Derry man was scandalous but shit happens and ye get on with it. I can guarantee that there will be plenty of the "dark arts" employed on Sunday by the men in Blue and Lenny is getting his early pass in through the press to make sure his men get a freer ride.  Ga,mes are won on the grass though not in the paper so we'll see how well his tactics work.

Again, BC1, it is rich for someone from Crossmaglen talking about inbreds. Jaysus, take a look at someone of them supporters  of yours and you would know that breeding has to be first cousins at least. :D :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 27, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 27, 2011, 10:20:10 AM
Serious attack on Derry teams from a man who was a thug himself. Rich coming from BC1 about galls playing the media as no club does it better than Cross. Being honest the treatment galls received last year was deplorable and no other team in Ulster would have got away with it. And when it comes to play acting no team does it better. The "hard" midfielder, in another club he would be a thug who got the kilmacud player sent off in the semi final last year and if my memory serves me right, I have seen that other "hard" player McDonald lying down getting players sent off. No doubt McQuillan has served Cross well over the years.

Two very valid points tfal.

I hope Mr McQuillan (if he is not replaced, and replaced he should be) has grown a set since last year.

Get over yourself, I think if you watch the match from last year you will find that St Galls were as bad as we were and if anything they were more cynical in the early stages.  McQuillan sent off 2 Cross men and that seems to be forgotten.  Stewart maybe shouldn't have been sent off for what he was but the reality is he was lucky that it hadn't happened earlier.  As for us playing the meida, examples please.

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 27, 2011, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:06:16 AM
Quote from: sheamy on October 27, 2011, 08:46:52 AM
Class! There's a post for BC1 to pin on the changing room door  :)

If you think we need SS2's rantings to get us ready for St Galls then  ;D 

I have to say SS2 you really are obsessed about our skulduggery, and how we win games by making it "unrefereeable"(if itaked shins exists or not, I like it!).  If for one moment you think we are the only teams who have ever done it ask David O Neill, or Danny Quinn, or Kevin Gunn, or isyourboydownyet or the inbred Balubas, or any number of players who have tortured Cross forwards over the years.  I was never an angel but trust me I had the nips and the raked shins, or the fat lip/ear/nose/eyes.   I recently watched the replay of the Ulster final against Ballinderry a few years back and the "skulduggery" employed that day by the Derry man was scandalous but shit happens and ye get on with it. I can guarantee that there will be plenty of the "dark arts" employed on Sunday by the men in Blue and Lenny is getting his early pass in through the press to make sure his men get a freer ride.  Ga,mes are won on the grass though not in the paper so we'll see how well his tactics work.

Again, BC1, it is rich for someone from Crossmaglen talking about inbreds. Jaysus, take a look at someone of them supporters  of yours and you would know that breeding has to be first cousins at least. :D :D

Definitely hit a nerve

Doire abú

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:57:46 AM
Quote from: sheamy on October 27, 2011, 10:51:22 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:44:00 AM
Quote from: sheamy on October 27, 2011, 10:32:02 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:27:05 AM
Brian Crowe was ref that day and Francie was indeed lucky to stay on that day for the "headbutt".  Darren Conway should have walked as well that day. 
Crowe did the replay. I believe Lord Sludden of Louth did the drawn game.

It's the replay I am talking about.

ah ok. The three reds were in the drawn game as was most of the 'craic'. Cross cruised the replay. Had big Enda shown a wee bit more composure at the end, shams would have won the first day. Best team over the two games won though, no question.

Was the headbutt in the replay? Francie was a hooligan both days. I can't remember now. It was the coldest couple of days I ever remember for a game. I don't forget that.

he pushed his head back into Wilkinsons head, not really a head but and there was minimal contact.  2 minutes later Wilkinson took a big "fall" to get Francie in trouble.  You're right the drawn game was also a tough game.

bc you've clearly a selective memory here cos it was very much an intentional butt with the back of his head to brian mcguckin. should've walked and surprised you can defend it tbh bc. wilkinson not involved in the incident at all.

could've changed the game drastically had brian crowe made the correct decision. having said that cross were better team over 60mins

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Doire abú on October 27, 2011, 12:05:46 PM
Brian Crowe was ref that day and Francie was indeed lucky to stay on that day for the "headbutt".  Darren Conway should have walked as well that day. 

ah ok. The three reds were in the drawn game as was most of the 'craic'. Cross cruised the replay. Had big Enda shown a wee bit more composure at the end, shams would have won the first day. Best team over the two games won though, no question.

Was the headbutt in the replay? Francie was a hooligan both days. I can't remember now. It was the coldest couple of days I ever remember for a game. I don't forget that.

he pushed his head back into Wilkinsons head, not really a head but and there was minimal contact.  2 minutes later Wilkinson took a big "fall" to get Francie in trouble.  You're right the drawn game was also a tough game.

bc you've clearly a selective memory here cos it was very much an intentional butt with the back of his head to brian mcguckin. should've walked and surprised you can defend it tbh bc. wilkinson not involved in the incident at all.

could've changed the game drastically had brian crowe made the correct decision. having said that cross were better team over 60mins

You're right it was McGuckin.  It was a push backwards with minimal contact, no massive force in it and I did say that he was lucky to stay on the field, how is that defending it?

Doire abú

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 27, 2011, 12:05:46 PM

You're right it was McGuckin.  It was a push backwards with minimal contact, no massive force in it and I did say that he was lucky to stay on the field, how is that defending it?

sorry didnt see ur earlier post. as for it being a butt or a push, we'll have to agree to disagree....as long as you're okay with being wrong  :P

any burren/roslea/glenswilly/latton posters out there? whats your opinion on ur quarters being put back for the IR?

bustsummoves

Whats your views on the Ballinderry v Dromore game. Tyrone champs v Derry champs

Should be a good game ?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bustsummoves on October 27, 2011, 02:30:28 PM
Whats your views on the Ballinderry v Dromore game. Tyrone champs v Derry champs

Should be a good game ?

Ballinderry with plenty of spare change.

sheamy

Quote from: bustsummoves on October 27, 2011, 02:30:28 PM

Should be a good game ?

Will be very tight. Ballinderry not impressive in Derry championship at all. Whether they can step it up a bit is the question. Dromore playing champagne football over past two games. Depends how champagne they had on Sunday/Monday past.

Milltown Row2

Christ BC1 took a bit of a hammering today  ;D

As we all know nothing won here and opinions on how things went last year mean sh1t all. Two facts remain, Cross beat us and went on to lift the All Ireland, brilliant team and have improved from last year, which means they will win on Sunday. We may have won another Antrim Championship, but have we improved from last year?

What needs to happen for us to win is simple:

We play better than last year (though not enough)

Cross have a poor enough game (don't take their chances)

Referee and his associates cotton on to the "on the edge tactics" employed by Cross (I know we also give a bit early on last year but it was reckless and not part of our plans)

And finally BC1 needs to walk under a ladder, break a mirror and stand on all the cracks on the pavements
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

with the time of year, conditions of pitches and quality of all 4 teams involved, it's absolutely impossible to call these 2 games on Sunday.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 27, 2011, 09:53:23 PM
with the time of year, conditions of pitches and quality of all 4 teams involved, it's absolutely impossible to call these 2 games on Sunday.

Weather to be fine this weekend and Casement's pitch is usually in some nick so I don't think conditions will make much of a difference.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2011, 09:58:09 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 27, 2011, 09:53:23 PM

Weather to be fine this weekend and Casement's pitch is usually in some nick so I don't think conditions will make much of a difference.

Brolly or sun cream?

Milltown Row2

Just a Mac  ;)

Ya better buy me a pint in club afterwards, regardless of the result, ya WUM

Abble

Is St. Galls v Cross live on TG4 tomorrow ?

Armaghgael

Cross to win easy in the end me thinks

Ballinderry should win the other game by 1-3pts
If in doubt.......take man and ball!