Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: JimStynes on December 11, 2022, 10:34:09 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 11, 2022, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 10, 2022, 09:27:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 09, 2022, 01:12:25 PM
Where is a good warm place to go in February midterm. The Canaries is a ridiculous price for what it is. Was thinking Dubai but don't know much about the place. Any recommendations?

Madeira?

Would also recommend Madeira, a great spot.

Not the warmest in February though
You don't expect the Med to be cold in Feb either but it is. You have to go further south for the bit of heat.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: galwayman on December 11, 2022, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 11, 2022, 08:43:36 PM
Booked flights to Dubai earlier. Need to get a hotel sorted. Anyone any good recommendations of areas to stay in for 6 nights?
Personally I prefer the Jumeirah Beach Residence area. Purely because there are plenty of places to eat etc within walking distance along The Walk and you are also right on Jumeirah Beach.
A friend of mine stayed around the La Mer area recently and liked it also.
Lots of people like the Palm - but it's a long way from other areas.
But lots of people happy to stay on Atlantis there for the duration of their holiday.
Expensive spot to stay tho
No bother to Jim, sure he has a second job.

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2022, 09:40:09 PM
Booked flights to Dubai earlier. Need to get a hotel sorted. Anyone any good recommendations of areas to stay in for 6 nights?
Personally I prefer the Jumeirah Beach Residence area. Purely because there are plenty of places to eat etc within walking distance along The Walk and you are also right on Jumeirah Beach.
But lots of people happy to stay on Atlantis there for the duration of their holiday.

I'd have to get a 3rd job sure. Give me a break lads, I haven't been away on a sun holiday in years 😂

armaghniac

If you are flying to Dubai, go on another 4 hours and go to the Maldives or Sri Lanka, although the latter would warrant more than one week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on December 11, 2022, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2022, 09:40:09 PM

I'd have to get a 3rd job sure. Give me a break lads, I haven't been away on a sun holiday in years 😂
;D I'm sure you've earned the break!

LC

Planning for next summer,

Any recommendations on the continent, kids are aged 4 - 12 so water park type resorts would be a preference.   Thinking of going all inclusive as there is 6 of us.

Thanks.

trailer

Quote from: LC on December 21, 2022, 03:11:16 PM

Any recommendations on the continent, kids are aged 4 - 12 so water park type resorts would be a preference.   Thinking of going all inclusive as there is 6 of us.

Thanks.

Turkey

Mikhailov

Quote from: trailer on December 21, 2022, 05:00:59 PM
Quote from: LC on December 21, 2022, 03:11:16 PM

Thanks.

Turkey

Agree 100%.

Brilliant all inclusive hotels and some come with small water parks etc. ideal for the age group you mention. However, it is seriously hot in summer time

LC

Would not be a fan of excessive heat however from what I can see peak season and therefore dearer prices start from 20th July onwards.  Will definitely get greater value if we go in early / mid July.

Any recommendations for Spain / France / Italy?

Mikhailov

Quote from: LC on December 21, 2022, 05:58:14 PM
Would not be a fan of excessive heat however from what I can see peak season and therefore dearer prices start from 20th July onwards.  Will definitely get greater value if we go in early / mid July.

Any recommendations for Spain / France / Italy?

Salou in north east Spain about an hour south of Barcelona. Great water parks, like a mini Disney type resort near a typical seaside resort town

Tony Baloney

Thinking of Naples/Amalfi Coast this summer. Not sure whether to base ourselves in Sorrento or somewhere for visits to Pompeii, Vesuvius etc. and visit Naples as a day trip, rather than basing ourselves in Naples. Taking the eldest fella (18) and we are stuck as he could be bored out of his skull amongst couples and families on Amalfi Coast, however me and the missus don't particularly fancy staying in Naples if it's as dirty as some of the reviews make out. Thoughts?

Mikhailov

Yes, JBR area is perfect. Right on the beach, near the marina and surrounded by great bars & restaurants plus shops for the people that need those also.

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2022, 07:30:19 PM
Thinking of Naples/Amalfi Coast this summer. Not sure whether to base ourselves in Sorrento or somewhere for visits to Pompeii, Vesuvius etc. and visit Naples as a day trip, rather than basing ourselves in Naples. Taking the eldest fella (18) and we are stuck as he could be bored out of his skull amongst couples and families on Amalfi Coast, however me and the missus don't particularly fancy staying in Naples if it's as dirty as some of the reviews make out. Thoughts?

I'd base myself in Sorrento and visit other places from there. Beautiful town in its own right and plenty going on for people watching, bars, shops then Pompeii a short train ride away and other towns like positano well worth a trip on ferry/boat taxi thing. A day trip across to capri is a must. Too expensive to actually buy anything other than a sandwich/ice cream but the approach to it on the boat alone is well worth it. Like something out of a movie.

seafoid

Sicily is great in the summer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on December 21, 2022, 08:10:01 PM
Sicily is great in the summer.
Crete in late June early July  is lovely
And cheaper too. Best food in the med if you ask me