Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2021, 08:55:10 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 19, 2021, 07:27:55 PM
Been looking at this today and it appears you can fly Dublin to Spain for example with northern covid cert without the requirement for testing.
Yes but officially you need an antigen test to come back north again. That's what I want to find out - who actually checks this. You have to fill in a passenger locator form before you come back into Dublin, and I'm assuming that when you put in a northern address, it'll tell you you need this, plus you will have to have booked a Day 2 test. But who checks?
If you're flying in Dublin and going North no one is gonna check up on you.

No1

Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2021, 08:55:10 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 19, 2021, 07:27:55 PM
Been looking at this today and it appears you can fly Dublin to Spain for example with northern covid cert without the requirement for testing.
Yes but officially you need an antigen test to come back north again. That's what I want to find out - who actually checks this. You have to fill in a passenger locator form before you come back into Dublin, and I'm assuming that when you put in a northern address, it'll tell you you need this, plus you will have to have booked a Day 2 test. But who checks?

No-one checks Rois.  You'll get an automatically generated text from NI Direct on the second day you are home directing you to the guidance on that website and that's it. 

As long as you have your vaccination cert downloaded ready to show and the passenger locator from filled in you'll be grand.  I was a bit anxious coming back but they hardly even looked at the passport in Dublin and didn't even ask for the vaccination cert!

bennydorano

My problems have just been solved, Jet2 cancelled our holiday :-[ Looks like the Wednesday holidays to Majorca got axed from their Autumn schedule.

Rois

Quote from: No1 on August 20, 2021, 04:14:26 PM

No-one checks Rois.  You'll get an automatically generated text from NI Direct on the second day you are home directing you to the guidance on that website and that's it. 

As long as you have your vaccination cert downloaded ready to show and the passenger locator from filled in you'll be grand.  I was a bit anxious coming back but they hardly even looked at the passport in Dublin and didn't even ask for the vaccination cert!
Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. Forms filled in.

Don Johnson

Heading to Cork for a few days. I have a five year old and an 18 month old so it's a long drive for them.

We are gonna hit the road early then go to the zoo for a couple of hours then get lunch and hopefully them two will sleep for an hour or so in the car.

What I'm looking to know is there anywhere good for kids then round say Thurles, Cashel, Fermoy direction for one last stop before we go on to the end?

NAG1

So if you are double jabbed and have your vaccine passport app, there is no need for proof of a negative test before flying?

Rois

Depends where you are flying from. My sis in law just got turned away from a flight to Faro as her vaccine cert is an NI one and she needs a negative test result to get into Portugal.

BennyCake

Planning a break around Sligo next week .  Climbing Knocknarea and a trip to Coney Island has been on the agenda for ages so  we hope to do those.  . Anyone got any tips/advice for  doing both?

Also, any other places/sights you would recommend?

Cobra

Quote from: BennyCake on August 24, 2021, 12:44:23 AM
Planning a break around Sligo next week .  Climbing Knocknarea and a trip to Coney Island has been on the agenda for ages so  we hope to do those.  . Anyone got any tips/advice for  doing both?

Also, any other places/sights you would recommend?

Get vaccinated or you'll be sitting outside in the pissing rain

balladmaker

Heading to Westport for a few days, any recommendations where to watch the Tyrone Kerry game on Saturday? Thanks.

Rois

This is by no means an atmospheric place to watch the match, and you'll have plenty of options, but I watched a game in the bar of the Westport Woods hotel and it was perfect. Enough TVs, spacious bar, and not busy. Downsides are that it's a walk out of town and would prob have kids in the bar running about.

I'd try down at the Quay - there's a big bar down there with lots of TVs and it is brilliant on a sunny evening. Not as oldey worldey as the town centre bars.

imtommygunn

I was in Westport the Saturday of the cork Clare replay in 2012 or whatever year it was and could barely get the game because all any bar was showing was a man United game lol. Got it in the end - somewhere near Matt molloys.

giveherlong

What's the initial costs and ongoing costs of a mobile home in places such as Bundoran/Downings etc? Do you have to buy the caravan and change every so often?

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 25, 2021, 09:51:55 PM
I was in Westport the Saturday of the cork Clare replay in 2012 or whatever year it was and could barely get the game because all any bar was showing was a man United game lol. Got it in the end - somewhere near Matt molloys.

Westport is a renowned Soccer town. Westport Utd won the 2004–05 FAI Junior Cup.