Hurley broken at training or matchs

Started by slatterl, March 28, 2014, 02:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slatterl

Hi all my query to hurling clubs out there is when a player breaks a Hurley at a match or training session who replaces the hurl the player or club. I'm involved in a new hurling club and this is a topic of debate. My view is that the player replaces the Hurley otherwise it could financially break a club

theskull1

Think in our club there is/was a loose guide that once you broke 3 (might be more) sticks in a season that couldn't be repaired, the club would cover replacing them for the rest of the season. Reality was that most people bought their own sticks regardless of how many they broke. No point burdening the club as you say

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Zulu

Cut you're cloth to measure in all aspects of your club. You'd be surprised what some players think a club should do for them so I'd set out clear guidelines as to what the club will or won't do. Replacing broken hurls could be a major drain on a new and, I presume, a small club.

johnneycool

Quote from: Zulu on March 28, 2014, 08:13:43 AM
Cut you're cloth to measure in all aspects of your club. You'd be surprised what some players think a club should do for them so I'd set out clear guidelines as to what the club will or won't do. Replacing broken hurls could be a major drain on a new and, I presume, a small club.

We used to provide free hurls to all and sundry, juvenile all the way to senior, no limitations, but it just got mad expensive and had to be reigned back.
For now I think we subsidise the hurls, £10 for a senior and £5 for juveniles up to U-14. Club still takes a considerable hit as most hurls are £15 to £17 each.
Some lads will repair hurls for £3 a pop which most players like to avail of as when you get a good hurl you want to hold onto it as long as possible.

Jeepers Creepers

In our club the players supply the club with hurls !

slatterl

Thanks folks its sounds a bit of a no brainer its just like everything some people think money grows on trees

Minder

We used to have a fella that fixed all the seniors hurls, a hobby as much as anything for him. Hurls were always free when I was playing but that's not the case anymore as far as I know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea