Most pubs per head.

Started by 5 Sams, January 09, 2008, 11:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Milltown Malbay, Co Clare must be in with a shout.

Hardy

I dunno about most pubs per head, but I know a few places in the running for most heads per pub.

Hardy

Arrah jaysis that gap thing is getting worse. I see FAM has it as well.
[Edit] Wait a minute - it's the Avatar! That makes sense. OK ... carry on ...

The Real Laoislad

Parliament Street in Kilkenny City has something like 15 pubs side by side all the way down the street i think that it is some sort of record to have so many pubs side by side..
I think overall Kilkenny City has 60+ pubs
The village i come from has 7 and its only a tiny wee place
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

Quote from: thebandit on January 10, 2008, 10:35:12 AM
I think Castleblayney, Carrickmacross and Ballybay are all in the top 10 in Ireland
In Ballybay, off the top of my head, 16 pubs and the Hotel, makes 17.
Town population 400  :)

and about 800 living outside the town

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 10, 2008, 02:05:48 PM
In Lurgan you have a fair number of pubs, and they have possibly the worst nightclub in Ireland in the Ashburn.  There is some number of pubs in Strabane aswell, close to 30 odd.
Its not quite as bad now..It has been recently refurbished...You wouldn't know the place..You can now lift your feet without your shoes sticking to the carpet.lol..And its always full Fri, Sat and Sun...The place is a goldmine....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 10, 2008, 08:49:20 AM
Gortin in the Sperrins in Tyrone.

At one stage. Not as many these days.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

QuoteIts not quite as bad now..It has been recently refurbished...You wouldn't know the place..You can now lift your feet without your shoes sticking to the carpet.lol..And its always full Fri, Sat and Sun...The place is a goldmine....

You're right, it is jammed and  makes a fortune.  But it is still, after refurbishment, a hole.  Be there probably once a weekend as there is no alternative.  The carpet floor is a joke. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'