Best place to Celebrate New years eve in Ireland

Started by ross4life, November 13, 2009, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Minder

I think the millenium is the last time I was out on New Years Eve, I can't ever see myself ever going out for it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock Shore

Very good Niall Quinn, very good.

Yes - the so-called Millenium killed New Year's Eve for many (I say so called cos 2000 was a year early). We spent it on Dun Laoghaire pier after a low key party. Why? Cos we thought we's have a great view of all the planes falling out of the sky and Sellafield exploding.

Sadly none of this happened!

But us professional types did make a few bob out of it upgrading software for clients (but more was made two years later when we switched to the €)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Hardy on November 13, 2009, 07:26:53 PM
A few early pints in the pub, then back home to bring in the New Year with the family and anyone else who wants to join in.

Thats what we do now, take turns with different family members round the country hosting every year. Great craí altogether.
Tbc....

Celt_Man

New Years eve has to be the greatest dose of a night in the whole year.... pubs are generally packed - in my case always full of gobshites who you want to avoid. 

Best job is a house party... Get a crate of miller and a half bottle of powers - about 30 euro, a good crew of mates an iPod and you're laughing...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Declan

QuoteA few early pints in the pub, then back home to bring in the New Year with Jools, the family and anyone else who wants to join in

Yep that's the way we've done it for the last few years. Speaking of Jools his show constantly surprises me- Great guests. Anyone see Steve Martin banjo playing last night?

ziggysego

I just go to the local for a few. Not really into clubs or that for NYE.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2009, 01:56:28 PM
New Years eve has to be the greatest dose of a night in the whole year.... pubs are generally packed - in my case always full of gobshites who you want to avoid. 

Best job is a house party... Get a crate of miller and a half bottle of powers - about 30 euro, a good crew of mates an iPod and you're laughing...
i don't know how they're packed as most people i know (in common with most posters here) tend to either stay in and go to bed (i'm with pints and ss on this one), have a house party (puck's suggestion being the best) or watch on tv with a bottle of wine (not the worst idea either).
I think from the age of about 22 onwards people realise it's not really a night for clubbing!!