International Rules may survive after all

Started by magickingdom, December 09, 2006, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Fair point - however it can also be argued that more young footballers are driven away from the game for a variety of reasons, public infrastructure or lack of for instance can be argued as to why some young players are no longer playing (ie) they can't be arsed sitting on a train for 8 hours every weekend.

My point would be that the very, very best are now more susceptible to poaching by AFL clubs simply because any restraints that were in place to stop this are now void ( i assume ) in light of this decision.
I personally would not blame any young player for taking up the offer of life as a professional player, but we could see the numbers increase.

dubnut

Quote from: ziggysego on December 09, 2006, 08:31:34 PM
I'm going out on a date now, so no time to over take Dubnut. However, that is my mission tomorrow. I shall rule this board! :D

Jaysus its a close run thing, I think we have too much time on our hands Ziggy!

magpie seanie

A common sense approach which seems to be the hallmark of the Brennan presidency. Personally I think there is not future for the games and we should have a massive Railway Cup weekend in Croker in early October instead as was alluded to by an earlier poster.

On the other side of the argument - if the series is to be saved then the break for a year is necessary to weigh things up. I'm surprised that the players seem so keen to continue with the series (I would have thought that the trip to Australia every two years wasn't really a huge perk - most would get on team holidays to nicer spots) but it needs looking at for that reason. Farrell is not changing his position - he's acting in a sensible and measured manner for a change. It's to be welcomed. The sabre rattling gets you nowhere.

Just on Muppets comment - (proabably for another thread in "the other place" but...) I'd like to say that even more will be killed due to bad driving related accidents than "alcohol" related accidents. If people think the current blitz on drink driving will solve the problem - well they're in for a shock.

ziggysego

Quote from: dubnut on December 11, 2006, 10:04:09 AM
Jaysus its a close run thing, I think we have too much time on our hands Ziggy!

I was still at it over the weekend, where rightly you took a break. What's that say about me?
Testing Accessibility

dubnut