Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 17, 2023, 01:34:52 PM
https://twitter.com/gaa__joe/status/1680880345019809792?s=46&t=zgzuYWfgC5dD3Y5jl1Xd6A

Oisin McConville showing us he doesn't know if it's pumped or stuffed.

Intercounty manager!! Someone send him the rules, deliberate trip, black card, accidental trip a free, but very strange considering Joe biased
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
https://twitter.com/gaa__joe/status/1680880345019809792?s=46&t=zgzuYWfgC5dD3Y5jl1Xd6A

Intercounty manager!! Someone send him the rules, deliberate trip, black card, accidental trip a free, but very strange considering Joe biased

Mc Quillan had a stinker as usual, two Kerry frees near the end were laughable, only Derry blew up and their decision making with it had a bigger impact than his incompetence he could have robbed them.
Only people that can't see that is obviously Kerry people and yourself, not overly supprised at either.
I am starting to see what brolly is implying this years that Kerry are the most cynical team in the game. With Referees like that I can't see them changing.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Orior

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 17, 2023, 10:07:52 AM
Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2023, 10:01:54 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 16, 2023, 11:09:11 PM
Rodgers was brilliant, love watching him play. Glass was poor I thought and when Kerry pushed up on the kickouts in the last 10 they won them. Derry had chances but couldn't take them and just are not good enough to win Sam

I wish Rodgers played for Armagh.

Was one of the Kerry panel giving Shane McGuigan grief after the final whistle?

Elaborate on that one for us. Verbals?

I just saw it on telly. Probably a bit of verbals. It ended with Shane shaking hands with the Kerry manager.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DoireGael

This gave me 2001 Derry Vs Galway vibes and flashbacks. Unbelievable performance from the team, a game of fine margins that went against us whether it was the goal chances, woodwork or referee. When McGrogan went off we where always going to be in trouble coming into the last quarter we had to go into a very very thin bench too early. There for the taking this time but we will be back at the altar.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 17, 2023, 02:08:20 PM

Mc Quillan had a stinker as usual, two Kerry frees near the end were laughable, only Derry blew up and their decision making with it had a bigger impact than his incompetence he could have robbed them.
Only people that can't see that is obviously Kerry people and yourself, not overly supprised at either.
I am starting to see what brolly is implying this years that Kerry are the most cynical team in the game. With Referees like that I can't see them changing.

There is no game ever, certainly anything I've been involved by playing, watching, managing or refereeing that is flawless from the ref. EVER! mistakes happen but this notion that referees suck up to teams or players from certain counties or at my level clubs is just a paranoia that has been built up over the years.

Did Joe and Hurson and any of the ref's get things wrong at the weekend? Yes, no where near as much as the players or managers did but lets highlight the mistakes of the ref to attribute some blame in losing a game

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2023, 02:46:10 PM

There is no game ever, certainly anything I've been involved by playing, watching, managing or refereeing that is flawless from the ref. EVER! mistakes happen but this notion that referees suck up to teams or players from certain counties or at my level clubs is just a paranoia that has been built up over the years.

Did Joe and Hurson and any of the ref's get things wrong at the weekend? Yes, no where near as much as the players or managers did but lets highlight the mistakes of the ref to attribute some blame in losing a game

Honestly don't think hurson got anything wrong, outstanding game

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 17, 2023, 02:59:11 PM

Honestly don't think hurson got anything wrong, outstanding game

Thought he did well also, but ones on the other thread for that game felt he got some calls wrong, gave soft free to help Dublin and so on, again its all about perceptions and opinions

Cavan19

You are been kept busy today anyway MR  :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cavan19 on July 17, 2023, 03:11:09 PM

You are been kept busy today anyway MR  :D

Ah sure what fun would we have if we all just piled on the ref's?

Did Joe play a bitta football in Cavan?

Fuzzman

Firstly well played Derry and ye really put it up to the Kingdom much better than I thought ye would.
Excellent first half with them really going for it in attack and not just sitting back and trying to defend in numbers.

Thought McKinless, Rogers, McFaul and McGuigan played well but was very disappointed with Glass. I know White is fast but Glass didn't really try too hard to track his run for the Kerry goal. Surely he should be one of the main leaders of that team but thought he went missing today.
Kerry certainly weren't going to be outmuscled today and played with their now well know cynical edge that isn't always obvious from watching on TV.

As most of us know, it's very hard for a ref to make the right decision in that split second something happens. How many times have you been sure about something at a match to come home and watch it and change your mind. Clifford's shoulder on McGuigan looked terrible in real time but from replays it was a clean shoulder.
I think the ref was not giving McGuigan much protection during the game and he was definitely targeted but maybe Joe felt McGuigan and others were always holding their head when they got a knock, even if hit elsewhere.
I think at the end McGuigan was not happy to shake the Kerry defenders hands and O'Connor as he felt he was unfairly targetted but he eventually did.

Derry have learnt a lot since their defeat to Galway last year and certainly showed they are up there now at the top table.
If they had a few more decent forwards they could go all the way.
They will be disappointed how the second half panned out and I agree that Lynch is far too slow for playing as a sweeper keeper. He has a good long shot but he is an accident waiting to happen. No urgency.
I presume there will be no retirements from that team.

Dabh

Did Joe play a bitta football in Cavan?
[/quote]

Joe maybe played a bitta something else round Rathmore at some stage..  'GAA LookaLikes'

God14

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2023, 03:47:34 PM
Firstly well played Derry and ye really put it up to the Kingdom much better than I thought ye would.
Excellent first half with them really going for it in attack and not just sitting back and trying to defend in numbers.

Thought McKinless, Rogers, McFaul and McGuigan played well but was very disappointed with Glass. I know White is fast but Glass didn't really try too hard to track his run for the Kerry goal. Surely he should be one of the main leaders of that team but thought he went missing today.
Kerry certainly weren't going to be outmuscled today and played with their now well know cynical edge that isn't always obvious from watching on TV.

As most of us know, it's very hard for a ref to make the right decision in that split second something happens. How many times have you been sure about something at a match to come home and watch it and change your mind. Clifford's shoulder on McGuigan looked terrible in real time but from replays it was a clean shoulder.
I think the ref was not giving McGuigan much protection during the game and he was definitely targeted but maybe Joe felt McGuigan and others were always holding their head when they got a knock, even if hit elsewhere.
I think at the end McGuigan was not happy to shake the Kerry defenders hands and O'Connor as he felt he was unfairly targetted but he eventually did.

Derry have learnt a lot since their defeat to Galway last year and certainly showed they are up there now at the top table.
They will be disappointed how the second half panned out and I agree that Lynch is far too slow for playing as a sweeper keeper. He has a good long shot but he is an accident waiting to happen. No urgency.

Good balanced post Fuzz. I agree especially on Conor Glass. All of Derrys 'big name players' really delivered massive performances - bar Glass. Ive always viewed Glass as a bit meek, passive and ponderous. And a very strange choice as captain, when there are evidently better leaders elsewhere on the team.
Perhaps Gallagher gave him the captains armband to try and get in his head and really put it to him? ... to try and force him to step up a bit. He has the tools in his locker but just seems unable to use them.
Derry will be back - they are in a great place. People say its a long way back - its not really. They are practically guaranteed to be in the Quarter finals next summer. The age range in the squad is ideal. Defeats like yesterday build character & resolve, they will take some stopping.
Need to work on developing the squad depth over the winter, and need to find another scoring forward. But yesterday was hugely impressive. Their trajectory has continued to rise, when many including myself thought it would plateau. And they have young talent on the horizon, their underage teams have been excellent this last 5 or 6 years

Walter Cronc

Quote from: God14 on July 17, 2023, 04:11:38 PM

Good balanced post Fuzz. I agree especially on Conor Glass. All of Derrys 'big name players' really delivered massive performances - bar Glass. Ive always viewed Glass as a bit meek, passive and ponderous. And a very strange choice as captain, when there are evidently better leaders elsewhere on the team.
Perhaps Gallagher gave him the captains armband to try and get in his head and really put it to him? ... to try and force him to step up a bit. He has the tools in his locker but just seems unable to use them.
Derry will be back - they are in a great place. People say its a long way back - its not really. They are practically guaranteed to be in the Quarter finals next summer. The age range in the squad is ideal. Defeats like yesterday build character & resolve, they will take some stopping.
Need to work on developing the squad depth over the winter, and need to find another scoring forward. But yesterday was hugely impressive. Their trajectory has continued to rise, when many including myself thought it would plateau. And they have young talent on the horizon, their underage teams have been excellent this last 5 or 6 years

If you think Conor isn't a leader then you know sweet FA about football.

God14

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 17, 2023, 04:13:58 PM

he plays the media game well in fairness

Walter Cronc

Quote from: God14 on July 17, 2023, 04:15:19 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 17, 2023, 04:13:58 PM

he plays the media game well in fairness

Oh sweet jesus.