Mayo v Donegal, Elverys McHale Park, Aug 03, 6pm

Started by highorlow, July 22, 2019, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSoap

Quote from: blanketattack on July 25, 2019, 08:59:39 AM
Is capacity reduced due to curtain raiser which means all the crowd going to a limited no. turnstiles around the same time?

I saw that somewhere alright. H&S comes first but it does seem excessive this summer.

Very much looking forward to this one. All the form would say we should win but Mayo being Mayo they will have a kick in them yet I think. It should be a humdinger. I feel if we are as good on kickouts as we have been so far this summer then that should secure enough possession for us to do it. We've been very economical with our score-taking too for the most part, some poor wides v Kerry but still managed to take most of the chances we created.

I thought Mayo were poor against Meath but at the same time, all they really needed to do was win that match with hopefully no injuries. The 2 week break is big for both teams, for us considering the injuries in the run-up and during the Kerry game, but especially for Mayo with their injury list and just volume of games in the past month or so.

It's set up to be a great one anyway, I think we're doing something special with this squad so I'll stick my neck out and say Donegal by 4.

recyclebin

Any chance of more tickets becoming available or is that it?

giveballaghback

Is capacity reduced due to curtain raiser which means all the crowd going to a limited no. turnstiles around the same time?
They could have a challenge match between the ballagh rhubarbs and the ballagh rossies, winner takes all  ;D

bannside

Whichever team emerges from this will have a ridiculously short turnaround time before they are thrown back out again, in all probability physically and mentally knackered, to take on a Dublin team in their own back yard who haven't had to break sweat this year. That's one huge imbalance and regardless of how this came to pass, stands out as the biggest singular failure of the Super 8 experiment. As a neutral I'm really looking forward to this game, but can't see the victors being remotely well placed to do justice the following week.

Halfquarter

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 27, 2019, 01:44:23 AM
They could have a challenge match between the ballagh rhubarbs and the ballagh rossies, winner takes all  ;D
"They " , who are you talking about. ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: bannside on July 27, 2019, 07:29:13 AM
Whichever team emerges from this will have a ridiculously short turnaround time before they are thrown back out again, in all probability physically and mentally knackered, to take on a Dublin team in their own back yard who haven't had to break sweat this year. That's one huge imbalance and regardless of how this came to pass, stands out as the biggest singular failure of the Super 8 experiment. As a neutral I'm really looking forward to this game, but can't see the victors being remotely well placed to do justice the following week.

If you are good enough you are good enough. All teams should aspire to playing in Croke Park and all teams should aspire to beating Dublin there. The fact that Mayo (should they win) will have played 7 games in 9 weeks is no excuse. They should have a panel well able to cope with injuries, loss of form and suspensions.

larryin89

It's a weird one , the prize is a trimming off a superior team in a semi final with the whole country watching . I'm not sure how you motivate players , I hope we win of course but like I say it's an odd one . Walking out of mchale Park next sat night dreading a semi final after roaring your team on to win only mins before . I think donegal will win as they are playing at a different level to our lads , we are so tired mentally as much as physically it's painful to watch it all unfold . I'm hearing Aidan o s might not be fit to play too and none of the injured players bar paddy Durcan are match fit . If young McHugh gets a few runs at our defense we could be opened for five or six goals .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

True, but they will have to break sweat sometime. And Donegal are tipped by all and sundry to put it up to the Dubs. I do see where larryin89 is coming from as regards our guys, but anyone saying Donegal are in a bad position is plain wrong imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bannside

From The Bunker......the case I make has nothing at all to do with whether or not they are good enough or whether or not they aspire to playing in Croke Park. What I'm saying is....the turnaround timescale is ridiculously short to facilitate any meaningful aspect of players mental or physical recovery.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand, and anyone who doesn't share that view I would argue has zero comprehension of how knackered the winners of next Saturday nights contest will be, especially if the game is a cliffhanger as most neutrals expect.

Croke Park my arse. If youse go up there and get a trimming by 20 points with a tired team full of injuries trust me, you'll not be long seeing the imbalance I'm talking about. It's madness frankly!!

Halfquarter

Quote from: bannside on July 27, 2019, 01:05:35 PM
From The Bunker......the case I make has nothing at all to do with whether or not they are good enough or whether or not they aspire to playing in Croke Park. What I'm saying is....the turnaround timescale is ridiculously short to facilitate any meaningful aspect of players mental or physical recovery.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand, and anyone who doesn't share that view I would argue has zero comprehension of how knackered the winners of next Saturday nights contest will be, especially if the game is a cliffhanger as most neutrals expect.

Croke Park my arse. If youse go up there and get a trimming by 20 points with a tired team full of injuries trust me, you'll not be long seeing the imbalance I'm talking about. It's madness frankly!!

I think that 'From the Bunker ' is being facetious.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 27, 2019, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: bannside on July 27, 2019, 01:05:35 PM

I think that 'From the Bunker ' is being facetious.

+1  ;)

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2019, 11:58:43 AM

If you are good enough you are good enough. All teams should aspire to playing in Croke Park and all teams should aspire to beating Dublin there. The fact that Mayo (should they win) will have played 7 games in 9 weeks is no excuse. They should have a panel well able to cope with injuries, loss of form and suspensions.
If Mayo had a lad who could kick a free over he bar from 20 meters, they wouldn't have had to play 7 games in 9 weeks.

Not that playing 7 games in 9 weeks is a hardship.   Means way less training, which all the players want. Mayo's problem has been injuries. Most of which happened in training. Maybe Mayo should look at that.

Anyway, in any non Super 8 year, Mayo would be long gone from the championship. Instead they've a home game against an injury riddle Donegal, who's most prolific forward, McBrearty, is going to play on one leg. Yet, they're the moaning myrtles. (Granted unfair of me to lump them all in with desolate ftb. )

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2019, 11:58:43 AM

If Mayo had a lad who could kick a free over he bar from 20 meters, they wouldn't have had to play 7 games in 9 weeks.

Not that playing 7 games in 9 weeks is a hardship.   Means way less training, which all the players want. Mayo's problem has been injuries. Most of which happened in training. Maybe Mayo should look at that.

Anyway, in any non Super 8 year, Mayo would be long gone from the championship. Instead they've a home game against an injury riddle Donegal, who's most prolific forward, McBrearty, is going to play on one leg. Yet, they're the moaning myrtles. (Granted unfair of me to lump them all in with desolate ftb. )

Must be great to preach to us from you Ivory tower.

The inter county game is dead. Most of your fans (Dublin) don't even care about it anymore.

Thank god I got rid of the Season ticket. It was a constant issue of disgust the last time i had it in 2017.

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2019, 09:57:23 PM

Thank god I got rid of the Season ticket. It was a constant issue of disgust the last time i had it in 2017.

Ah, well done! You really are amazing.
Give yourself another kiss on your balls. A good self licking.

The Mayo posters are without doubt some of the best, knowledgeable and interesting on this board. You, being a knobhead, are the exception.

And I've noticed that all the decent Mayo posters dont pay the least attention to you and don't suffer your nonsense.

So, I've put you on ignore now, so don't have to read any more of your knobhead ramblings.

You just keep licking yourself. Goodbye!

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on July 27, 2019, 12:04:17 PM

It's a weird one , the prize is a trimming off a superior team in a semi final with the whole country watching . I'm not sure how you motivate players , I hope we win of course but like I say it's an odd one . Walking out of mchale Park next sat night dreading a semi final after roaring your team on to win only mins before . I think donegal will win as they are playing at a different level to our lads , we are so tired mentally as much as physically it's painful to watch it all unfold . I'm hearing Aidan o s might not be fit to play too and none of the injured players bar paddy Durcan are match fit . If young McHugh gets a few runs at our defense we could be opened for five or six goals .
Plenty of cute hoorism going on here😂 I'd say whichever team gets through this battle will be chomping at the bit to get at the Dubs. Yeah its nowhere near fair the amount of games Mayo have had to play but ffs at the end of the day thats what all players want, no one wants to be training like f**k and having very few games. Best of luck to both teams next weekend hopefully will be a cracker.