Roscommon v Galway - Connacht SFC Final 2017 [Wind Tunnel, 9/7/17]

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2017, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2017, 01:49:42 PM
Syf is a good man. Stands by what he says.
Would like him beside me going into battle
Hello Syferus.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 07, 2017, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2017, 01:49:42 PM
Syf is a good man. Stands by what he says.
Would like him beside me going into battle
Hello Syferus.

Nice to know I play on your mind so much that you see me everywhere.

twohands!!!

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2017, 01:38:08 PM
You know a county is in bad shape when Bomber turns up to troubleshoot. "Get your tongue out of my mouth. I'm kissing you goodbye. "

O.......................................................................................K

Maroon Manc

The biggest aspect where I'd like to see improvement is on the kickouts, there's certainly rooms for improvement on our own and I'd like to think they'll do a better job of stopping Roscommon getting so many short ones away then they did on Mayo.

According to Parkinson Leitrim had 9 marks against Roscommon who only had 3 so its obvious where Roscommon have a problem.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2017, 06:14:33 PM
The biggest aspect where I'd like to see improvement is on the kickouts, there's certainly rooms for improvement on our own and I'd like to think they'll do a better job of stopping Roscommon getting so many short ones away then they did on Mayo.

According to Parkinson Leitrim had 9 marks against Roscommon who only had 3 so its obvious where Roscommon have a problem.

We cleaned them out at midfield. Enda Smith was our MotM ffs.

We didn't need to kick long half the time because Leitrim had dropped two sweepers back meaning Lavin's job was especially easy. It also allowed Dev to have an absolute field day going forward.

You know another team that's terrified of its defence and won't mark up on all backs, Manc? Galway..

Rossfan

Galway's to lose.
Sure they only have to turn up really.
Their 2 big lumps at midfield plus Conroy will clean out our 2 22 year old gasúiníns and Enda along with them.
Our porous defence will be chasing shadows as Walsh, Daly Comer etc all run up a cricket score.
And the sensible John Tobin says Galway could win Sam.

I'll go for the day out anyway as I like to sit in a traffic jam once a year.

But wouldn't it be only mighty if we stuffed the hoors😲
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2017, 06:31:37 PM
Galway's to lose.
Their 2 big lumps at midfield plus Conroy will clean out our 2 22 year old gasúiníns and Enda along with them.
Our porous defence will be chasing shadows as Walsh, Daly Comer etc all run up a cricket score.

Tobin might be baked from spending so many years working beside JP.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2017, 06:31:37 PM
Galway's to lose.

Galway have been shite for years. Why would they suddenly be great?

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2017, 07:45:26 PM

[/quote]
Bet Mayowestros 2 years in a row
Promoted to Div 1.
Connacht Champions 2016 first time in almost a decade
Missing players back

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2017, 09:04:11 PM
Promoted to Div 1.
Missing players back

Armstrong's injury isn't that bad, surely?

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2017, 09:04:11 PM

Promoted to Div 1.
Missing players back
[/quote]Ros have a better 5yr average

Blowitupref

Peter Cavavan one of the few pundits that has a slight fancy for Roscommon to cause upset this Sunday.

It seems I give Roscommon more of a chance in the Connacht final against Galway this weekend than most.

I have seen many of their players at U-21 level over the last number of years and they have impressed me. Diarmuid Murtagh is fit again and he is an excellent player.

Last year they didn't seem to be certain what type of game they were trying to play.

They had a rough winter with friction in the camp. And while they shipped some heavy defeats in Division One, I think Kevin McStay's idea of how he wants the game to be played will start to show.

They are now clearly intent on playing a more attacking brand of football. Admittedly, it's hard to know exactly how far they have come on the basis of the facile victory over Leitrim but you can't argue with the 2-23 they racked up.

It's a dangerous game for Galway. They are expected to win and it can be hard to ignore that sort of talk.

Just ask Monaghan. They were tipped to deal with Down and got turned over. Now they have to go and fight for their lives against 'Banty' in Wexford.

I also have the impression that while Galway are undoubtedly talented, they can still go to sleep. Their forwards look exceptional and in a year's time, after they have had a season in the top flight, we'll know exactly how good they can be.

As they showed last year against Tipperary, they can get themselves into the wrong frame of mind.

When the draw for the Connacht championship was made many suggested the Galway-Mayo clash was the real final.

This is one party the Rossies would love to spoil. Galway, take note.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

cornetto

A good piece by canavan,there is no doubt their is an air of confidence in galway supporters at least, that they should be winning this one (myself included).It has all the hallmarks of gal/mayo last year,Ross have been gearing towards this,no disrespect to leitrim since the draw was made,it was only a question of galway or mayo.So who knows, hopefully galway learned from tipp last year,they cannot afford to take anyone for granted,Ross on the other hand have their div 1 experience and hurt from last year to drive them on.it's going to be close!!

Rain im afraid is forecast for the morning hopefully cleared up by match time,bring your raincoat!!

Rossfan

And no doubt there will be a strong wind and no parking and traffic chaos and.........

seafoid

Rossfan

We seem to have moved on in Roscommon minds from a Rhubarb regime to a Heron choker system. Why would Rossies not contest this? Or was last year definitive?