County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2015, 01:48:33 PM
No, Westmeath. He used to manage the Westmeath minors, and Tullamore in the Offaly SHC.

Jesus you're steeped in Westmeath GAA. Time to come back to the mother ship.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Latest -
Donegal - Current man most likely staying
Derry - Damien Barton appointed 22/9/15
Antrim - does anyone know or care?
Down-  - vacancy
Armagh - ??
Monaghan - Malachy to stay it seems.
Cavan - Hyland reappointed
Fermanagh - I expect Pete will be a shoo in
Tyrone - St Mickey re appointed 15/9/15.
;
Sligo - Carew re appointed I believe
Leitrim - Shane Ward reappointed I believe
Ros - KMcStay/Fergal ratified 5/10/15
Mayowestros -VACANT  ;D
Galway - Walsh most likely to be reappointed
London - Vacancy

Clare -vacant?
Limerick- Brudair recommended for re appointment.
Tipp - Vacant
Waterford - vacant?
Cork -Vacant
Kerry - Fitzmaurice re appointed.

Louth - ??
Meath - Dowd for 2 more years
Westmeath - Cribbin for another year?
Longford - Denis Connerton appointed.
Laois -Vacant
Offaly - Flanagan for another year?
Carlow -??
Wexford - ?
Wicklow- Johnny Magee ratified 27/8.
Dublin - Shoo in for Galvin unless he goes himself
Kildare - Cian O'Neill announced 3/10/15
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bingo

You've Malachy down as Will he stay???

I would suggest he is, hasn't missed a championship match in Monaghan over the last 4/5 weeks.

AZOffaly

Just on Limerick there, I heard a whisper that Stephen Wallace, the Kerry Junior manager the last two years, has been nominated for that job.

Dinny Breen

KCB keeping their cards close to their chests! Even rumours have dried up. John Evans has kindly ruled himself out, which was nice of him. Think it's between Glenn Ryan and Brian Murphy myself, just praying it's not a journey man.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2015, 11:36:43 AM
KCB keeping their cards close to their chests! Even rumours have dried up. John Evans has kindly ruled himself out, which was nice of him. Think it's between Glenn Ryan and Brian Murphy myself, just praying it's not a journey man.

Waiting for Cian O'Neill to finish up with Kerry.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

I'd like to think so except this nugget from the Kerry Chairman

Kerry GAA Chairman Patrick O'Sullivan confirms in Tralee tonight that Eamonn Fitzmaurice and his management team are staying on next year.

#newbridgeornowhere

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2015, 11:30:56 AM
Just on Limerick there, I heard a whisper that Stephen Wallace, the Kerry Junior manager the last two years, has been nominated for that job.

Did very good work with the Kerry Juniors by all account - will be interesting to see how he gets on in a far trickier environment. I posted before about the Kerry Juniors beating the Limerick seniors in a challenge game early in the year.

Ronan McCarthy has the Cork job apparently. A lot of Cork folk very unimpressed I've heard.

In Wexford David Power will surely be staying on if he wants to given the win over Down, the age profile of the squad and getting to semi-final of the Junior and getting  a very respectable loss to the Kerry team, when the same team trounced Cork and Mayo (two of the serious operators at Junior level)

Dinny Breen

A left field candidate for Kildare be discussed on the Kildare forum is Jack Cooney.

Any strong opinions on him from the Westmeath, Donegal or Sligo posters?
#newbridgeornowhere

shark

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2015, 02:06:46 PM
A left field candidate for Kildare be discussed on the Kildare forum is Jack Cooney.

From a Westmeath perspective he was a selector under Paidi. Then he trained his own club Kinnegad. Took over half way through 2010 when they were going poorly. They got relegated, but he brought them straight back up. I have heard that they really took to him in Celbridge, where I think he won a league title last year. No doubt he learned a lot in the past year with Donegal.

Why would Sligo have an opinion? I'm not aware of him having trained a team up there.

Dinny Breen

He trained IT Sligo I believe when Martin McHugh was manager.
#newbridgeornowhere

shark

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2015, 02:36:37 PM
He trained IT Sligo I believe when Martin McHugh was manager.

Ah ok, I wasn't aware.

Gabriel_Hurl

Damian Barton for the Sperrin men according to the Twitterverse

johnpower

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

I would have thought Glen Ryan would have been a string favourite for the Kildare job? Have the clubs a strong part in deciding who gets the job?

moysider

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2015, 12:13:21 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

I'd like to think so except this nugget from the Kerry Chairman

Kerry GAA Chairman Patrick O'Sullivan confirms in Tralee tonight that Eamonn Fitzmaurice and his management team are staying on next year.

Diarmuid Murphy must have settled himself so. At one point it looked like he was resigning during the game. Seemed to be fairly laying into Fitzmaurice.