County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Disillusioned on November 04, 2015, 08:45:57 AM
Danny Hughes takes quite a pop at previous Down managers in the Irish News today (4-11-15).

He gets a dig at wee James for the way he was pushed out of the squad and certainly it highlights an issue when you are warming up in Clones and told over the loudspeaker that you are not in the match day squad.

However, he reserves his biggest hit for Jim McCorry who he compares to Jose Mourinho in relation to his over confidence leading to losing the players.

Yeah read that this morning...some of it is fair enough and the team or squad should be told before they strip out but what i don't like is all these ex players getting their cheap digs into past managers...it's not right
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

whatifs

have went of danny hughes,find he moans alot about thinks that happened in his past and as people say seems to bear grudge against down managements,often wonder what his column is for in irish news??

5 Sams

Quote from: whatifs on November 04, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
have went of danny hughes,find he moans alot about thinks that happened in his past and as people say seems to bear grudge against down managements,often wonder what his column is for in irish news??

?????? Google Translate doesn't work in this case :-\
The Aristocrat Years

maigheo

By any chance Whatifs,do you post on Mayo gas blog under a different user name?

tippabu

Still no agreement in place for Liam kearns taking over tipp

AZOffaly

It's getting a bit ridiculous/embarrassing now.

AZOffaly

not surprised by Pat Flanagan, but I'm not sure what they are going to do that's better. Pat would have wanted to get out of Div 3, and when that didn't happen he needed a big championship. Losing to WH compounded matters and I'd say that was that.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 05, 2017, 09:08:01 AM
not surprised by Pat Flanagan, but I'm not sure what they are going to do that's better. Pat would have wanted to get out of Div 3, and when that didn't happen he needed a big championship. Losing to WH compounded matters and I'd say that was that.

Agree, he was getting the most out of what is there, just doesn't have that extra gear you need for championship. Pascal Kellaghan mentioned but not sure if he'd take it yet.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

4 gone as Louth and Wicklow parted company with their men over the last few weeks.
Sligo next?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Mayo could be next at this rate..

skeog

Would Rossies not be next after sunday.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 05, 2017, 09:08:01 AM

He always seemed to have the team motivated anyway (Armagh result aside), he could have done with another Peter Cunningham for the forwards though.

Rossfan

Quote from: skeog on July 05, 2017, 08:06:37 PM
Would Rossies not be next after sunday.
Naw.
Manager shafting season in Ros occurs in September.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Pete McGrath is confirmed as Fermanagh manager for 2018
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered