Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgal10

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 12, 2019, 04:20:13 PM
Quote from: bgal10 on August 12, 2019, 02:57:13 PM
For those calling for a change of management - if new management was put in place for the start of 2020, what would the expectations be over a 5 year period?

Based on the discontent at the efforts and results of our current manager, I would assume this to be:
1) At least 3 Ulster titles;
2) 2 All Ireland Final appearances with a semi final appearance as a bare minimum each year;
3) At least 1 All Ireland title.

Anything less would have to be deemed not good enough based on current standards.

Do those wanting new management genuinely believe that Tyrone will undoubtedly achieve the above with a new manager? Or is it a case of wanting new management to "see what happens"?

A change of management has to happen at some point so why not now. If we were to change manager I would expect within first 3 years to retain div 1 status and win 1 ulster. Not to unrealistic is it.

I believe a lot of people wouldn't mind getting knocked out for first few years as long as they could see tyrone building on it and getting better each year. That is not the case with her current set up. Same faults year after year and only for easier draws in last 2 years we would have been knocked out earlier.

Donegal and kerry are getting better each year and will be a massive force. You cant say the same for tyrone.

But if all we did in the next 3 years was win 1 ulster and retain division 1 status, do you honestly believe that the knives wouldn't be out for the new management team?  Consistent semi-finals (with a final appearance as well), Division 1 football and an Ulster title now and again have been deemed no longer good enough.

It appears that unless we get to the All Ireland Final every year, the management have a lot to answer for. 

We always hear about the likes of Donegal improving and being a force etc. Donegal haven't went further than Tyrone since 2014.  They have failed to get out of the super 8's the last 2 seasons. 

I think we have definitely improved since 2015.  Its ok saying we haven't beaten Dublin, Kerry or Mayo in a long time but the Dublin and Mayo sides of this decade are arguably two of the best sides the game has ever seen.

Club boi

Quote from: Club boi on July 08, 2019, 11:26:40 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 06, 2019, 09:55:56 PM
Do southtyronegael and his mates only comment on here during or after defeats? All very quiet this last few weeks.

We're now at important junction in the year where we enter the business end. I think the players deserve praise for putting in a huge amount of work this year again. They started the championship slowly but have put in very good performances in recent weeks.

Harte also deserves praise for leading us to the last 8 of the all Ireland in 14 out of his 17 seasons in charge, an incredible statistic. We have also got to 8 semi finals since he took over and hopefully we'll get back there and further again this year.

Next week looks like a huge game in deciding that. Hopefully a large support travel and give the team the support they deserve, Roscommon will be up for it big time.

Quiet - Tyrone have beaten nobody of note
Huge work - Is this not required every year??
Performances - Against lower opposition
Harte - Credit were due, just feel it time he moved on while he still gets the plaudits for these stats and not ruine his legacy

I will heap praise when we finally beat Kerry/Mayo or Dublin when it counts

No Praise. Beaten again
Nothing will change
Same again next year
Repeat

twenty one yard free

Time for MH to move on

His system of play hasn't beaten Kerry Mayo or Dublin when it matters since 2008

He brought players back this year but refused to give them much game time

His stubbornness and refusal to sub certain players has aided us in some of the defeats

A fresh approach is needed and a clear out required especially in committee which is made up mostly of nodding dogs

southtyronegael

When Michael Cassidy is limping off on 64 mins camera clearly shows harte shouting ' horse, horse, get him off to f**k'! Nice way to treat an injured player.

omagh_gael

Anyone else thing that Petey Harte should have done more when O'Sullivan was blocking him right under Deegan's nose. I mean 4 or 5 times he pushed him directly into his chest. Why didn't Harte tear into him and f**k him out of the way or attempt to engineer a drag down foul? He was like a wee pup getting pushed around there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 12, 2019, 11:27:09 PM
Anyone else thing that Petey Harte should have done more when O'Sullivan was blocking him right under Deegan's nose. I mean 4 or 5 times he pushed him directly into his chest. Why didn't Harte tear into him and f**k him out of the way or attempt to engineer a drag down foul? He was like a wee pup getting pushed around there.

Had he done anything he'd have got a black card.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

He has form on it, he clearly doesnt have the stomach for being ruffled up. Some lads thrive on it some dont. Harte is the latter youd expect some backup for him if hes getting intimidated also.

Angelo

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2019, 04:44:30 AM

He has form on it, he clearly doesnt have the stomach for being ruffled up. Some lads thrive on it some dont. Harte is the latter youd expect some backup for him if hes getting intimidated also.

You'd also expect a competent referee to stamp it out straight away, Deegan was watching it happen all game long and didn't do a tap about it but was awarding phantom frees to Kerry 40 yards off the play.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2019, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2019, 11:39:57 AM
See Sean Cavanagh has called for Harte to quit (now it would appear obvious the brother has finished)

No fan of Harte but Cavanagh has really let himself down since finishing his county playing days.

How do you mean?  How DARE he give his opinion like.

This is the 4th or 5th snipe at Harte publicly from Sean Cavanagh.

Sean wasn't too brave to give his opinion in public when he was there, under Harte when maybe even he would have been able to influence him from within.

He's entitled to his opinion obviously, but leaves me thinking where were these views during his playing days.

I don't think its the fact he wasn't brave enough,its probably the fact he was stupid enough to say it or he would never have played under him again and imagine if a captain publicly says his manager should be sacked, imagine the outrage!! Stupid comment!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 12, 2019, 10:40:21 PM
When Michael Cassidy is limping off on 64 mins camera clearly shows harte shouting ' horse, horse, get him off to f**k'! Nice way to treat an injured player.

What did you want him to do, run over and sponge him down and give me a wee muscle massage??

southtyronegael

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 13, 2019, 07:17:59 AM

What did you want him to do, run over and sponge him down and give me a wee muscle massage??
well if it was me I'd be shouting ' horse, horse, get Petey off to f**k'.;

bigtogs

Disappointing on Sunday to be in the situation we where in at half time to to beaten more or less with ten minutes to go.... I see a few complaints about Peter Harte be fouled for the full game!! Did any off you watch Connor Meyler he fouled the full game......Kerry in first half looked completely clueless but when they introduced Sherwood and White at half time in the middle section of the field we got destroyed Colm and Ritchie got completely over run which in my eyes was the major factor on how we lost the game by the time Mattie came to that area off the field the game was over,we where so slow to make that change to try and counter act what Kerry had done.....I dont think we have enough natural footballers that make the correct decisions at the right time and cant see how that can be cured in the near future,i could be wrong but we are at least 2 defenders,1 midfielder and 2 forwards short to have a team with the correct balance to win an All Ireland...

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 13, 2019, 07:46:12 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 13, 2019, 07:17:59 AM

well if it was me I'd be shouting ' horse, horse, get Petey off to f**k'.;

Haha true  :P :P :P

RedHand88

It's been all downhill from Thailand

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2019, 09:18:52 AM
It's been all downhill from Thailand

In fairness they managed to keep the lid on that one surprisingly. Good defensive tactics.