The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Japan 2-0 ahead i suppose we'll see what this Belgium side are really made of now.

Capt Pat

Nangolan or however you spell his name is badly missed from the Belgian side imho. He didn't even make the squad.

Captain Obvious

Southgate a genius to have England avoid Japan.

Wildweasel74

G that game should be making it the WFT thread! I looks like some amount of talented players in the world have not made the last 8 this world cup

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2018, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 02, 2018, 07:54:29 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 02, 2018, 02:53:44 PM
Feck this match more Hope Solo.

If RTE had a guy who had allegations of domestic abuse against him on the show there would be uproar. The case was thrown out on a technicality and they way she acted towards the cops is brutal. Should t be near our telly

Agreed. Same goes for Paddy Jackson and his less talented buddies.

Relevance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2018, 08:24:30 PM
G that game should be making it the WFT thread! I looks like some amount of talented players in the world have not made the last 8 this world cup

Work rate, heart and organisation go a long way in international football. Some of the more talented and bigger nations seem to lack this whether it be egos or whatever causes it i dunno.

Only downside is i have belgium in the work sweepstake.

Belgium always disappoint but in my view martinez a poor manager and not the right guy for the job.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2018, 08:31:16 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2018, 08:24:30 PM

Work rate, heart and organisation go a long way in international football. Some of the more talented and bigger nations seem to lack this whether it be egos or whatever causes it i dunno.

Only downside is i have belgium in the work sweepstake.

Belgium always disappoint but in my view martinez a poor manager and not the right guy for the job.

How's that working out now? Big Coco the clown has it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

My sweepstake looking better.

I still think martinez is a poor manager and belgium if they do well will do so in spite of him.

Big coco has looked ok this tournament.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

I still think martinez is a poor manager and belgium if they do well will do so in spite of him.

He's plan b in fairness, which some of the bigger teams haven't got! England have that option also in Vardy and Rashford... Belgium could still go out here! Loving the shocks

Syferus

Japan might be the best watch in the WC. Magic.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2018, 08:48:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

He's plan b in fairness, which some of the bigger teams haven't got! England have that option also in Vardy and Rashford... Belgium could still go out here! Loving the shocks

Great world cup. Hope a lesser team wins it. (though not england who joking aside are actually one of the lesser teams)

Syferus

Milltown Row2

Cunny Funt

Some comeback by Belgium but not sure what Japan were at before that 3rd goal was conceded.

screenexile

Some game superb effort from the Japanese they had a couple of chances to go another ahead too.

It looked ominous when De Bruyne picked up the ball after that corner!