The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

USA and Mexico hosted it before so they proved they can stage it on their own. I'd say all 3 is capable of staging it on their own, so why the need for a triple bid?

Two hosts too many means 2 less qualifying spots. But like I said, there'll be hundreds of teams in it by then so even Ireland should qualify.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on June 13, 2018, 05:20:54 PM
USA and Mexico hosted it before so they proved they can stage it on their own. I'd say all 3 is capable of staging it on their own, so why the need for a triple bid?

Two hosts too many means 2 less qualifying spots. But like I said, there'll be hundreds of teams in it by then so even Ireland should qualify.

You seriously think Mexico are capable of hosting a modern WC on its own?

:o

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on June 13, 2018, 05:48:14 PM

Are you Donald Trump? They've already held two. No borr to them... sure Brazil held the last one

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
If the objective is to give the team the best chance possible of winning the WC, there's no way changing coach helps. Federation putting its pride first.

Ya....it would be like sending your best player home before the tournament or something like that.  ;D

Captain Obvious

Quantity over quality. No need for triple hosts. Just look at how tiny Qatar are and they will be hosting the 2022 World cup.

Time for the English to pull the finger out and get hosting another World cup.

Syferus

Quote from: longballin on June 13, 2018, 05:53:57 PM

Are you Donald Trump? They've already held two. No borr to them... sure Brazil held the last one

Seriously?

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 13, 2018, 06:07:31 PM

Quantity over quality. No need for triple hosts. Just look at how tiny Qatar are and they will be hosting the 2022 World cup.

Time for the English to pull the finger big brown envelope out and get hosting another World cup.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on June 13, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

Seriously?

Syf have you ever been to Mexico?? They are more than qualified to host it. I agree that it didn't need 3 hosts, but it will bring a novelty to proceedings anyway. Be a a nice trip if the Repiblic can qualify.

Syferus

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 13, 2018, 06:36:48 PM

Seriously?

Syf have you ever been to Mexico?? They are more than qualified to host it. I agree that it didn't need 3 hosts, but it will bring a novelty to proceedings anyway. Be a a nice trip if the Repiblic can qualify.

Mexico are in no way qualified to host a WC. And using Brazil, with the incredible debt they incurred trying to get aging stadia up to standard among other white elephant infrastructure projects while the poor continued to suffer as proof of the contrary shows a serious lack of perspective.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on June 13, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

Seriously?

Mexico are in no way qualified to host a WC. And using Brazil, with the incredible debt they incurred trying to get aging stadia up to standard among other white elephant infrastructure projects while the poor continued to suffer as proof of the contrary shows a serious lack of perspective.

How are they not qualified to host a WC in comparison to Morocco?

Syferus

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 13, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 13, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

Seriously?

How are they not qualified to host a WC in comparison to Morocco?

Your attempts to willfully mischaracterise what is said are kinda boring.

brokencrossbar1

The last World Cup that México hosted had 24 teams. The 2026 one will have 48 teams. No way that México would have the infrastructure to support that.

Capt Pat

If the US can't host it on its own then nobody can. 48 teams will require a lot of stadia and infrastructure.

Syferus

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 13, 2018, 07:49:22 PM
If the US can't host it on its own then nobody can. 48 teams will require a lot of stadia and infrastructure.

No one has said the Us couldn't host it on their own.