Quote from: btdtgtt on September 21, 2015, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 11:59:52 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 21, 2015, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2015, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 10:42:47 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2015, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: shoebox on September 21, 2015, 10:04:50 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
I had spoke to a few lgiel ones prior to the first game and while they were confident in winning one line stuck with me from it. 'I hope we havent peaked too soon'.
After ydays game, he text me 'i told you so'. First defeat of the season and out of the championship is a bitter pill to swallow esp considering all the work that was put in this year from that team. Will no doubt be a changing of the guard now for a few of the old players in the team.

Loved PJ's wee platform he was on ;)

Had a chuckle at that myself.

Was that because he was 'suspended'? or did he just fancy a bit of room?

Not at all, i was clearly making all of that up to stir.  ;D it was funny looking to be fair.

Antrim job on his radar now? Any of the Lgiel posters know if hes interested in the role
I'm sure he is. Contrary to what I've read on here I believe a certain ex Antrim captain and all star is in charge of finding the next Antrim manager. I'm sure some of you could ask him.

Indeed. The hope is seemingly to get a Dublin coach.
Failing that go internal.

Shay Boland?

Spotted Ciaran Barr in the city a few months back. Is he back up north full time?

Apologies, I didn't realise that all Rossa legends were to have their names in bold.

Won't happen again.

Bold to indicate I heard he's the tsar of appointing the new man.
I suppose travel from Dublin is easier (cheaper) than anywhere further south.
Not casting judgement - just relaying the information.
Heavy tolls on the road from Dublin to Belfast  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2015, 11:30:11 AM
Btw, nearly £9000 collected at the gate yesterday. Not bad.

good news. thats a great amount to be donating
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

It's official
Dunloy getting final
Throw in 3 o clock
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 21, 2015, 02:03:54 PM
It's official
Dunloy getting final
Throw in 3 o clock
wile handy hi!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2015, 02:06:39 PM
wile handy hi!
[/quote]

After the run youse have to make on Saturday to Portaferry, its the least the county could do  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 21, 2015, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2015, 02:06:39 PM
wile handy hi!

After the run youse have to make on Saturday to Portaferry, its the least the county could do  :)
[/quote]

Ports are meant to be hosting the Down final, so not sure how that league game will pan out as yet!

Na Glinntí Glasa

They have us down to play ballycastle on sat as well in the league. lm sure we can arrange that one for another day!

On another note, minor hurling final on sat down in cdall. Will have to get down to this game. St Patricks have proved they are a good solid team. Would be some achievement if we were to win the minors. Been along time since we did win it!
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 03:01:35 PM
They have us down to play ballycastle on sat as well in the league. lm sure we can arrange that one for another day!

On another note, minor hurling final on sat down in cdall. Will have to get down to this game. St Patricks have proved they are a good solid team. Would be some achievement if we were to win the minors. Been along time since we did win it!
I would be surprised if Dunloy didn't win this to be honest. Have a couple of really cracking hurlers

WhipHerOnJohn

I thought yesterdays game was poor in comparison to previous Cushendall/Loughgiel tussles over the years, but Cushendall's response when under the cosh was immense and showed great character and ultimately were deserved winners.

Again, when the going got tough the Cushendall leaders stood up and worked as a unit to get the job done.

Ballycastle will be a different task altogether, with some great match ups throughout. However, i think Cushendall have the experience and know how to grind out a win and retain the Volenteer cup.

Jesusjones

I'd be very surprised if Ballycastle line Neil Mc Auley on Neil Mc Manus. Mc Auley wouldn't be a great man marker, he is however probably the best sweeper in Ulster. His distribution is superb, never wastes a ball. He is like a good quarter back and Ballycastle in my opinion will be hoping he can stay free to spray balls into Saul and Clarke.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 21, 2015, 04:21:04 PM
I'd be very surprised if Ballycastle line Neil Mc Auley on Neil Mc Manus. Mc Auley wouldn't be a great man marker, he is however probably the best sweeper in Ulster. His distribution is superb, never wastes a ball. He is like a good quarter back and Ballycastle in my opinion will be hoping he can stay free to spray balls into Saul and Clarke.

Yeah I think you're right. Its rare to see McAuley line out in the orthodox 6 role with a marking job.

hurlingstick

Quote from: shoebox on September 21, 2015, 03:25:21 PM
For what yesterday's game (once it got going) lacked in quality, it made up for in excitement and tension.  Both Winker and Graffin played well and it was a great tussle between them both.  Watson's score on the left heading up towards the old pitch was exceptional.  He really did rise to the occasion and after Graffin getting turned over with his first three balls, he led from the front as well.  His catch over Watson in the first 15 mins was what he needed.  I thought that Shane had a good enough game in midfield but up front Cushendall are really struggling for a ball winning inside forward.  Big Carson tries hard but I think he's too nice a hurler under the high ball and doesn't use his stature and physicality to his benefit.  I don't think he caught one yesterday despite being given plenty of ball. He did get one nice score though.  McCambridge was awesome.  I think he likes to run too much with the ball but he obviously feels that he can get passed the men and a lot of his runs led to scores yesterday.

21 scores between both Watson and McManus tells its own story though and this is where Ballycastle might fancy their chances.  If McAuley takes McManus out of the game and they don't give the frees away, it could play into the Town's hands. That said, Saul and Clarke haven't come up against McCambridge, Graffin, Campbell and the rest of that tight back line in the championship yet so it could well be a very low scoring game.  I thought that Eddie McCloskey was carrying a knock or some sort of injury from the last game watching his movement.

Dunloy as good a venue as anywhere and very well marshalled to boot.  Big PJ has been brilliant for Loughgiel and fair play to him.  (Did he not come out in the Irish News and state that he wanted the Antrim job by the way?). I've heard people criticise his lack of tactical awareness or something to that degree. That's very harsh on a man who delivered an All Ireland to his club.  But even if he did need a hand, I'm sure he was the man who got the right people around him (Jim Nelson in particular).

What gave it away? Coming on for the last ten minutes or the massive strapping on his thigh....On a more serious note, is PJ not a bit ignorant?
I've witnessed him a few times treating people quite rudely.

Hurler24

The match up for this weekends final will be superb

McCambridge vs Clarke
Graffin vs Saul
McManus vs McAuley
Carson/McAfee vs Matty Donnelly
Christy McN vs Dermot Donnelly
Shane McNaughton vs Fergus Donnelly
Eoghan Campbell vs Shane Jennings

Didn't realise how well these teams match up. Cannot wait!

Last Man

Quote from: Hurler24 on September 21, 2015, 09:54:15 PM

McCambridge vs Clarke
Graffin vs Saul
McManus vs McAuley

Will Christy start? He really struggled to find the pace of the game on Sunday, what about RD, is he a possible or McClaff I suppose also.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on September 21, 2015, 10:12:23 PM
Quote from: Hurler24 on September 21, 2015, 09:54:15 PM

McCambridge vs Clarke
Graffin vs Saul
McManus vs McAuley

Will Christy start? He really struggled to find the pace of the game on Sunday, what about RD, is he a possible or McClaff I suppose also.

Is McClaff still there? I heard rumours he was for New Zealand to work. Christy has the ability to get goals but did struggle yesterday. Is RD the answer or is Karl McKeegan for the experience? Will Sean McAfee start, he seemed in pain coming off yesterday.