Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 02:03:24 PM
Johnneycool finds the back of the net.

There's a first  ;D

Sleeping giant

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2015, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 01:44:44 PM
Talk of an ex-Sarsfields Johnnies man putting himself forward for County Chair.

Jackie?
who?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 03:38:37 PM
Jackie Kelly.

If he's honest, has the best intrest of the county at heart how is he gonna pull with the rest of them
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Hopefully he gets it then.  So what's the moves if he does.  Who do you get to manage the team.  And what is are realistic goals?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

getevennotcross

It would seem that being a deviant, corrupt and untrustworthy individual are core characteristics for taking an executive position in our county. Heavens above, is that the best we can come up with?

I am all for initiating radical measures, but I will draw the line in that some degree of decency and integrity as a pre-requisite when taking up a positon of power and authority.

We should all aim to subdugate deceit, dishonesty, tyranny and ineptitude, we have endured and tolerated such traits for too long. More of the same I fear!

Well, heading stateside for a few weeks on holiday, hope you all do not do anything too rash in the meantime?

imtommygunn

Mccambridge out for 3 months with concussion. Cushendall haven't fared to well from this county season!

theskull1

JK is a name I haven't heard of or seen in years? Was he cryogenically frozen deep in the bowels of casement for the last 20 years and has only just thawed out when the credit in the meter run out?

Would there be many out there that think he's an unfairly maligned individual?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2015, 07:31:48 PM
Mccambridge out for 3 months with concussion. Cushendall haven't fared to well from this county season!

Its been terrible for them.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 07:43:38 PM
I would say most would take a. imilar view to getevennotcross.

But hopefully express that view in a less boring manner. What an absolute bore! Who does he think he's kidding?

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 25, 2015, 08:04:34 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 07:43:38 PM
I would say most would take a. imilar view to getevennotcross.

But hopefully express that view in a less boring manner. What an absolute bore! Who does he think he's kidding?
Ye ha! Some individuals just dont learn at all, do they?

Please spare me the indignity of having to spell things out to you. Where do you get off fella?

SaffronHeart

Is there any potential candidates that could unite the county?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on May 25, 2015, 07:45:37 PM

That's the price of sending your players to the county p ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on May 25, 2015, 07:45:37 PM

Def, thats 3 main players all out with injury. Rotten luck for all of the lads as all 3 had been playing well
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 25, 2015, 06:00:19 PM
Hopefully he gets it then.  So what's the moves if he does.  Who do you get to manage the team.  And what is are realistic goals?

Would a new manager make that big a difference
I think player and club hurling standards is a bigger problem
If you look at the league tables there are two down teams 2nd and 3rd in div 1
And a down team top of div 2
Bar LG the rest of the clubs are just not playing well
Is this player standards and lack of cohesive playing systems
Imm sure both down and derry are smelling blood for an Ulster this year
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 26, 2015, 01:08:36 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 25, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

Would a new manager make that big a difference
I think player and club hurling standards is a bigger problem
If you look at the league tables there are two down teams 2nd and 3rd in div 1
And a down team top of div 2
Bar LG the rest of the clubs are just not playing well
Is this player standards and lack of cohesive playing systemsch
Imm sure both down and derry are smelling blood for an Ulster this year

+1.... Pool of players is the problem. We simply do not have enough good teams or enough good players. Is there cause for optimism though?  Hear me out.... Across the county at 10 and below I've witnessed great scenes the past 2 years. Huge numbers of juveniles, decent coaching (an adult for every 5 or 6 kids), and the so called smaller clubs competing with the bigger clubs (Glenariffe being the prime example although there are others). For the love of god keep this going. Keep developing those coaches and most importantly keep the kids enjoying the training and games.You do get the odd club who thinks it's about winning at this age (good luck) but I've seen first hand, if kids are enjoying it, numbers are maintained and grow. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's a massive development from when I was a juvenile.