Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

31?  He's put in a serious shift for club and county, on senior team since he was 18, injuries catching up on him.... A proper hurling man.. Owes nothing, I'm sure he was asked but work young family and committing to county is tough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

to sum it all up, we are where we deserve to be. Offaly should of been relegated last year and we should of been as well without this play off. The play off was only there to ensure that one of the big teams didnt go down straight away.

We have no county ground, no development ground and a serious amount of depression about our county set up now. The football is in the basement and so is the hurling. Its a fair reflection of our county set up at the moment.

Ive lost all interest in the county set up due to all this crap and the rumor mongers about who does this etc. Its like a primary school play ground version of Chinese whispers!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 13, 2015, 08:33:01 AM
to sum it all up, we are where we deserve to be. Offaly should of been relegated last year and we should of been as well without this play off. The play off was only there to ensure that one of the big teams didnt go down straight away.

We have no county ground, no development ground and a serious amount of depression about our county set up now. The football is in the basement and so is the hurling. Its a fair reflection of our county set up at the moment.

Ive lost all interest in the county set up due to all this crap and the rumor mongers about who does this etc. Its like a primary school play ground version of Chinese whispers!

True DR - It really is low ebb in every aspect of what a county should be doing.

In response to the earlier idea that complaining is no good - don't assume posters on here are not working within their clubs - and also this is just an internet forum nothing more. People who complain are entitled to do so and it's lazy & ignoring the issue to respond by asking what they are doing about it!

I went to the Johnnies Clooney game and was happy enough to see the Corrigan men win. Clooney nabbed a few goals but St Johns were the better side over 15 players just that bit sharper and more workmanlike than a more laborious Clooney who carry a few too many for division 1.
McFall was not playing so I assume he has retired.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 13, 2015, 08:33:01 AM

Comhthoilím le do anailís DR.  Maith Thú.

Hurler24

Quote from: Bonamargy on April 12, 2015, 07:19:00 PM
Ballycastle 4-13 1-6 Rossa.

Was unable to get to the match yesterday. What was the performance like yesterday Bonamargy?

Na Glinntí Glasa

didnt get to our match either in portaferry as i was away all weekend. No idea what sort of team we had out for the game. I heard there that Kevin Molloy is now out for a while with injury. Our list of injured players keeps getting longer!
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Quote from: Hurler24 on April 13, 2015, 01:59:40 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on April 12, 2015, 07:19:00 PM
Ballycastle 4-13 1-6 Rossa.

Was unable to get to the match yesterday. What was the performance like yesterday Bonamargy?

Was easy enough to be honest. Rossa were very flat and hadn't much intensity about them. I was surprised by their performance. A good confidence boost for our boys all the same.

getevennotcross

The post mortem, according to KR.

Long balls, short balls, wide balls, big balls, small balls, low ball, high balls, dirty balls, fast balls, slow balls, straight balls, curved balls!

Conclusion by KR, and here's the real curve ball -  "Antrim players (well some anyway) have no balls to win dirty balls" and it took him 3 years to realise that, amazing. A sorry state of affairs.  As I said, Kerry were never to be underestimated. It's sure to be along road back, we could potentially meet Kerry or Laois again this time next year.

theskull1

What is amazing is the amount of knowledgeable know it all's.

The man has put a serious amount of effort into trying to get Antrim up a rung and it hasn't worked out. Are you of the opinion that a n other would have done any better?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on April 13, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

The man has put a serious amount of effort into trying to get Antrim up a rung and it hasn't worked out. Are you of the opinion that a n other would have done any better?

Some posters on here are embarrassing
Accusations of putting out a B team nearly
He seems to have put his heart and soul into it and regardless of the returns is willing to kick on
I hope the players decide to continue with him when they meet tomorrow night to discuss it
There the ones training since Christmas
At least there are a lot of players in fine fettle for there clubs
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Gizzy15

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 13, 2015, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 13, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

Some posters on here are embarrassing
Accusations of putting out a B team nearly
He seems to have put his heart and soul into it and regardless of the returns is willing to kick on
I hope the players decide to continue with him when they meet tomorrow night to discuss it
There the ones training since Christmas
At least there are a lot of players in fine fettle for there clubs

statement has been released and players in full support for manager n taking full responsability. What the fcuk. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. So KR had to sit n wait for that bunch of players to decide weather to blame him or not?? Who is in charge of directing the progress of Antrim hurling?? County board.. a committee.. the management team... a few players..??? I really dont know what to make of this. And as for the few on here who begrudge people who speak out and voice an opinion, dont read or post on a public forum if you dont accept any opinion but your own.

Gizzy15

e players of the Antrim senior hurling team have made a statement tonight regarding their current standing.

'We the Antrim senior hurling panel fully support our manager Kevin Ryan. We take full responsibility for our recent performances. Our relegation has hurt no one more than this group of players. We will strive to improve and move forward as proud Antrim hurlers towards championship.'County Antrim Chairman, Jim Murray, endorsed a decision made by Coiste Bainisti tonight that they fully support the hurling management team and look forward to the Leinster Championship campaign.

btdtgtt

So the press interviews for the Antrim hurlers are given by - wait for it - drum roll - why if it ain't Neil McManus! How novel! Maybe we got relegated because we only have one player!
Now a team statement in support of Kevin Ryan - wonder who's idea this could have been?
What a shambles - players train and play and give loyalty to the jersey - making statements to the press is not part of their re-mit. Antrim all over the papers again - cheap column inches - one day maybe it will be good news.

theskull1

Quote from: Gizzy15 on April 13, 2015, 11:01:46 PM
statement has been released and players in full support for manager n taking full responsability. What the fcuk. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. So KR had to sit n wait for that bunch of players to decide weather to blame him or not?? Who is in charge of directing the progress of Antrim hurling?? County board.. a committee.. the management team... a few players..??? I really dont know what to make of this. And as for the few on here who begrudge people who speak out and voice an opinion, dont read or post on a public forum if you dont accept any opinion but your own.

So you KNOW that the tail wags the dog? You KNOW this or are you reading between the lines and thinking that the tail wags the dog? I think you know its the latter

A manager needs the buy in from the players in the bad times if he wishes to stay at the helm. If his methods arent supported by the players and they (the players) believe those methods are to blame for poor performances then I'm sure all involved would want to know that and a parting of the ways could occur for the good of the county. If a manager respects his players enough, he'll be mature enough to respect their opinions regarding such things. Seems totally reasonable to my mind (not to the drama queens though). Its another WTF moment from the know it alls. Lets keep a blinkered focus on KR as we look to lay no blame at our own doorsteps for Antrims woes. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

There is a clear unity there regardless of how poor they've been. It's perfectly plausible for the players to get behind their under fire manager. Good for them!!! They are accepting responsibility for how poor they have played. Out of adversity can come something really positive. KR indicated he would walk away if he didn't have their support. Are you 2 in a better position to pass judgement on KR as a manager than the guys who have worked  closely with him the past few years? ....And cue the moaners, knockers, begrudgers and keyboard experts!!!!