2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

The Woman heading up (from Mayo) to support the home County (Westmeath). She says that in the unlikely chance that they do it It'd kill her not to be there!

Best of Luck Westmeath (have to keep in with the inlaws)! :P

SuperMac

Last year Dubs beat Westmeath by eleven points, should be closer tomorrow but the Dubs to take by 5 or 6 points. Rosscommon to do it by a point or two in the West.

muppet

Quote from: SuperMac on July 16, 2016, 02:27:40 PM
Last year Dubs beat Westmeath by eleven points, should be closer tomorrow but the Dubs to take by 5 or 6 points. Rosscommon to do it by a point or two in the West.

Any other tips?  :D
MWWSI 2017

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

As far as I can make out it was the lowest attendance at a Leinster final since 1982 when 32,504 witnessed Offaly hammering Dublin. But as Colm O'Rourke said thank god for Dublin's dominance.

Croí na hÉireann

Heartened with that first half Sunday, we set up well and gave Dublin as good as we got. Ray going off injured was always going to hurt us as he was doing damage and was a great target for kickouts. First time all year we had a good kickout strategy as well. Needed to change tack completely in the second half though as that's the period where Dublin always adjust to what is in front of them. I'd have put 14 men behind the 65 for 20 minutes to frustrate them and then hopefully push out and up on Dublin's kickouts and try to sneak a winner. Dublin's bench will win them most games though, Paddy Andrews some 7th forward to be dealing with. Less said about the referee the better, the streaker would have been more competent. Tough draw in the qualifiers now but we got the easier option in Fermanagh last year and we were yards off the pace so hopefully that concentrates the minds.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

By the way, I meant to ask. Was that the Iceland chant that the Dubs fans were doing on Sunday? If it was, they should forfeit the game :)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 20, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
By the way, I meant to ask. Was that the Iceland chant that the Dubs fans were doing on Sunday? If it was, they should forfeit the game :)

Think they had a go at the clap at one stage, it was the same tools who thought the streaker was great craic.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 20, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
They'll copy anything the soccer supporters do.