American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Worst super bowl I've looked at zero excitement just brutal 

lurganblue

Although there wasnt much happening on offence i have to say i did enjoy the Superbowl. It was on a knife edge.  Was exciting to see which team would crack first.

MvVey has came out and said that he was out coached.  There was certainly some of that but also Goff was completely in a daze. There also has to be a story out there about Gurley because that's 2 games in a row now i cant understand his misuse. Probably the best running game in the NFL and the Patriots had no fear of it.

The half time show was horrible.

Still ragin it wasnt the Saints out there instead of the Rams.

magpie seanie

Saints would have made a game of it because Brees would be able to adjust and play to some level under duress. Goff is useless when the system breaks down.

cadhlancian

The Pats have 12 picks in this years draft, 6 in the first 3 rounds , you'd have to imagine they'll win 12 or 13 games next season. Gronkowski will be a big decision. I think they'll add a few free agents as well. Wouldn't rule out a move for AB, although I'd be surprised if the Steelers let him go there....

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 06, 2019, 04:11:06 PM
The Pats have 12 picks in this years draft, 6 in the first 3 rounds , you'd have to imagine they'll win 12 or 13 games next season. Gronkowski will be a big decision. I think they'll add a few free agents as well. Wouldn't rule out a move for AB, although I'd be surprised if the Steelers let him go there....

Don't forget they're in a division with 3 crap teams which makes life a lot easier too. They'll definitely be in the playoffs next season as 1st or 2nd seed. I feel Gronk will retire unless they're going to nurse him through the year again like they did this year.

oakleaflad

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2019, 08:58:31 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on February 06, 2019, 04:11:06 PM

Don't forget they're in a division with 3 crap teams which makes life a lot easier too. They'll definitely be in the playoffs next season as 1st or 2nd seed. I feel Gronk will retire unless they're going to nurse him through the year again like they did this year.
Yep. Miami are usually good to take a game from them but they are tanking this year. They do have a few free agents on defense that they will need to sign or replace. Flowers, Shelton and Brown (I think) off the top of my head. If I were the Pats i'd be doing everything in their power to convince Gronk to stay on. Nurse him through the regular season and them use him in the playoffs when he can be the difference between winning and losing games.

cadhlancian

Seanie, the rest of the AFC East are .500 over the last 18 years , which happens to equate to the best record of any of the 8 divisions. Would be fair to say that the Patriots make them look poor...

declan85

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 08, 2019, 12:51:05 AM
Seanie, the rest of the AFC East are .500 over the last 18 years , which happens to equate to the best record of any of the 8 divisions. Would be fair to say that the Patriots make them look poor...

Since 2001 the fins are 126-162 with 5 winning season from 18. Jets 132-156 with 8 winning seasons & the Bills 119-169 with 3 winning seasons from 18. As good as the Pats are their opponents in that division are awful.

magpie seanie

Quote from: declan85 on February 08, 2019, 08:28:36 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on February 08, 2019, 12:51:05 AM

Since 2001 the fins are 126-162 with 5 winning season from 18. Jets 132-156 with 8 winning seasons & the Bills 119-169 with 3 winning seasons from 18. As good as the Pats are their opponents in that division are awful.

Cadhlancian - Where did you get that .500 stat from?

cadhlancian

Apologies, what I meant was...those other three teams in the AFC east are 500 against EVERYONE else in the league , aside from the Pats.

cadhlancian

From the realignment in 2002, the Jets, Bills and the Dolphins are 500 against the rest of the league excluding the Pats... not brilliant , but definitely not as terrible as some would make out ..

cadhlancian

No response to that then......

magpie seanie

They've never really threatened the Patriots in terms of winning the division. 500 without the Patriots is a low bar when you're never playing a first place schedule.

declan85

Those teams' records since 2002 when all games against the Pats are excluded read Bills 112-126, Jets 114-122, Dolphins 111-127.

AZOffaly

Quote from: declan85 on February 11, 2019, 04:13:18 PM
Those teams' records since 2002 when all games against the Pats are excluded read Bills 112-126, Jets 114-122, Dolphins 111-127.

I thought so. I hadn't the energy to look it up though.