Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 09:40:53 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:26:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 09:11:21 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:08:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 08:50:10 AM
Why are people going down the drug route here? Seriously? the New IRA have been targeting police, this is even better at this time as it creates attention ... Standing over a man and shooting him while his kid is standing there is horrific

It wasn't right 50 years ago, and isn't right now

I know your angle here MR2. But taking the risk of gunning a man down in a crowded place, and the utter callousness of doing so in front of children, resonates as an act of necessity, rather than one of desire.

And the necessity is?

I'm of course writing my own fiction here, but the scenario that seems most plausible to me goes along the lines of: barely functional paramilitary organisation gets their package wholesale from Dublin cartel on tick; barely functional paramilitary organisation spends money before paying cartel, cartel "offers" opportunity for debt to be wiped, but it needs done immediately, and given that the alternative would see them entering a short and futile war with a cartel, the barely functional paramilitary organisation goes to work at first opportunity, regardless of circumstance or consequence.

There's no basis for this other than a hunch. Something just doesn't fit the picture of a straight up paramilitary killing, mainly because whatever organisation is behind this, will be forced under a stone for the next decade while PSNI build a case and make their lives misery.

You are watching too much Netflix true crime shite. This is a simple opportunity to murder someone in cold blood at a kids training session, the police have come out and used two organisations and none are Dublin drug dealing groups
Sounds too much like a plot from love hate or line of duty or something tbh. Surely any paramilitary killing will generate a similar response from the cops and force them under a rock.

Eire90

Are the new IRA and drug dealers  not connected and are the new iIRA not full of drug addicts  they say you dont become drug dealer in the north without dissidents endorsing it or doing it.

thewobbler

You're probably right MR2.

As I say though, just doesn't feel like a "war against the Crown" killing. The same c***ts that did this would have untold opportunities in the average year to cold-blood kill a PSNI member, but it's never been high up on their "strategy" before... for as stupid as they are, they'd have known that this action closes down their operations for a long time. So why now?

Milltown Row2

But when you have only one brain cell and you need it for breathing then you can tell them the earth is flat they'll believe it!

If you tell them this will bring about Irish unity they'll go out there and think they are actually making a difference...

Wasted lives, or mental illness

Please stop with the drug links, what purpose does it serve?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

That the basic point Armagh18.

This killing has effectively closed down whatever organisation they're involved with, for the foreseeable future. They are target number one for the PSNI now.

Why do that now?

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
But when you have only one brain cell and you need it for breathing then you can tell them the earth is flat they'll believe it!

If you tell them this will bring about Irish unity they'll go out there and think they are actually making a difference...

You are aware that within this one post you're condemning paramilitaries for believing anything they're told, while at same time getting upset that there might be more to this story than you want there to be?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:49:37 AM

This killing has effectively closed down whatever organisation they're involved with, for the foreseeable future. They are target number one for the PSNI now.

Why do that now?

Have they not been a target for the police anyways? This is perfect timing, all eyes are on NI due to the protocol, this just generates attention good or bad as they say any attention will suit.

But ones will be complaining soon about the police lifting suspected dissidents and giving them a hard time, all generates more interest and so on..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Could have been Arm Na Poblachta they have been active lately.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:53:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 09:48:13 AM

You are aware that within this one post you're condemning paramilitaries for believing anything they're told, while at same time getting upset that there might be more to this story than you want there to be?

I asked the question, what purpose does it serve killing some cop?

Give me one actual link to this being related to drug cartels!! So far someone has said, he's mixed up with the drug dealers, taking money off them but now not helping them so they are taking him out? someone then said that he's heading up a drive to taking down drug dealers so a hit has been taken out on him?

Really? Would the easier be he is a cop and dissidents have tried to kill him? Because thats what they have been trying to do?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:49:37 AM

Why do that now?

They don't have a any strategy they are just a bunch of tools.

Truth hurts

Very sad news, I hope the officer is ok. The police have changed greatly over the last 20 years and you have to respect them now.

These scumbags are toerags and have no support.

themac_23

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:47:08 AM

As I say though, just doesn't feel like a "war against the Crown" killing. The same c***ts that did this would have untold opportunities in the average year to cold-blood kill a PSNI member, but it's never been high up on their "strategy" before... for as stupid as they are, they'd have known that this action closes down their operations for a long time. So why now?

This would be my thinking too, not saying it's not dissedants but not really their M.O usually it's a device left under a vehicle or a bogus call etc. many would say because they haven't the b*pls to do it so brazenly.

Drug gangs on the other hand are different, look at the last number of drug linked killings they all follow a similar pattern to this, excecution style regardless of who's about. Look at the 1 in lurgan, the one in the DC and the 1 outside st Mary's. All very similar to this one

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on February 23, 2023, 10:30:57 AM

This would be my thinking too, not saying it's not dissedants but not really their M.O usually it's a device left under a vehicle or a bogus call etc. many would say because they haven't the b*pls to do it so brazenly.

Drug gangs on the other hand are different, look at the last number of drug linked killings they all follow a similar pattern to this, excecution style regardless of who's about. Look at the 1 in lurgan, the one in the DC and the 1 outside st Mary's. All very similar to this one

I can totally get that the MO is different but did they not spray a cop shop when a pizza guy was delivering pizza one time? Shooting in Derry killing a journalist

Taking a hit out on a cop is something from TV, taking an opportunity to get attention is the most logical though

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 10:35:40 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 23, 2023, 10:30:57 AM

I can totally get that the MO is different but did they not spray a cop shop when a pizza guy was delivering pizza one time? Shooting in Derry killing a journalist

Taking a hit out on a cop is something from TV, taking an opportunity to get attention is the most logical though

I get that but both those occasions I'd say we're with some sort of cover, this just seems more brazen for them, unless it's a different tactic to drum up more fear.

I agree it would be strange for it to be drug related but tbh nothing really surprises me anymore.

Believe it or not the thing that would lead me to agree it's prob dissidents and not drug gang is the fact he wasn't killed, the drug gangs tend to do the job right

Eire90

They would still be involved in criminality even if there was an united Ireland.