Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: An Watcher on February 02, 2020, 06:14:11 AM
Anyone else feel the entire tyrone thing has gone very stale and has been for the last few years?  I'm not criticising anyone but the success in the noughties and lack of now has contributed.
I think it's well documented on here why things are so stale.

Goals_Will_Come

Terrible result today in Castleblaney. Relegation a very real possibility now with the remaing games:
Home V Kerry
Away V Galway
Home V Dublin
Away V Donegal
Away V Mayo.

omagh_gael

That was pretty brutal today. Monaghan much, much better. Can't think of any positive you could take from that game. Relegation a huge threat now considering the fixtures ahead.

tyroneman

4 of those teams are better than Tyrone.

Galway unknown.

Needed to win today. Didn't happen. Toothless in the forward line.

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on February 02, 2020, 09:29:44 PM
4 of those teams are better than Tyrone.

Galway unknown.

Needed to win today. Didn't happen. Toothless in the forward line.

As soon as I saw the forward line picked today, I could tell you the result.

McCurry, Bradley, O'Neill all nice footballers but at this level and in the modern game, you can't play the three of them together - particularly this time of year in a provincial ground against a dogged and hardened Monaghan side.

I know we're down a few important players at present but if McShane isn't around this year then we are goosed, he is our attacking game plan and if he's available then he can bring out so much more from the rest around him.

It's a bit stale there, Ronan O'Neill sadly just won't make it - he played well in the McKenna Cup but today was the acid test and he failed to deliver. Surely McHugh and Kerr are worth a look at now. McHugh is a big lad, he's a natural forward and he knows where the posts are - he has to be worth a look inside in light of current problems?

It's extremely difficult to see where the points are going to come from to stay up now.

We need a ball or two inside and we need finishers playing off them, we seem reluctant to do this.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bigtogs

Angelo

Quote from: bigtogs on February 02, 2020, 09:51:12 PM
What do you all think of Mulgrew??

Injury prone.

Looked the part at underage but hasn't had a proper run at senior yet, we have a lot of players like Mulgrew.

What we need is some quality ball winning inside forwards, we don't have them.

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2020, 10:12:23 PM

Injury prone.

Looked the part at underage but hasn't had a proper run at senior yet, we have a lot of players like Mulgrew.

You are finding an excuse already that Mc Shane is unavailable. We got to an All Ireland final in 2018 without Mc Shane at full forward

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on February 02, 2020, 11:02:00 PM

Injury prone.

You are finding an excuse already that Mc Shane is unavailable. We got to an All Ireland final in 2018 without Mc Shane at full forward

Top scorer in the Championship last year, all star last year.

We wouldn't have got near an All Ireland semi final last year without McShane.

We got to an All Ireland final in 2018 with guys like Sludden, Hampsey, Colm Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly and Peter Harte in great form. A lot of those guys were badly out of form last year and it was McShane who stepped up to the fill the void.

Our whole attacking gameplan was solely based around McShane last year, only a guy with zero knowledge about gaelic football would deny that the magnitude of his loss to Tyrone

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2020, 11:07:02 PM

Injury prone.

We got to an All Ireland final in 2018 with guys like Sludden, Hampsey, Colm Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly and Peter Harte in great form. A lot of those guys were badly out of form last year and it was McShane who stepped up to the fill the void.

Our whole attacking gameplan was solely based around McShane last year, only a guy with zero knowledge about gaelic football would deny that the magnitude of his loss to Tyrone
Very aggressive post.
Doesn't take away from the fact that Tyrone have players who if properly motivated are good enough to get to an All Ireland semi final with or without any 1 footballer.
Provided they haven't gone stale obviously

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on February 02, 2020, 11:13:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2020, 11:07:02 PM

Injury prone.

Very aggressive post.
Doesn't take away from the fact that Tyrone have players who if properly motivated are good enough to get to an All Ireland semi final with or without any 1 footballer.
Provided they haven't gone stale obviously

Nothing aggressive about it, it's to the point.

McShane was Tyrone's best footballer last year by some distance. They developed a game around him and it was successful in improving Tyrone's attack.

Kerry, Galway, Donegal to name a few are much better now than they would have been two years ago. With McShane gone and the loss of form, injury troubles and ageing of some of Tyrone's key players (Sludden, Harte, McCann, Hampsey, Donnelly and Cavanagh) I think it is safe to say Tyrone are a fair bit weaker.

There's a long way to go yet but I've a very ominous feeling for the year ahead and I think it will be hard to see Harte staying on if it pans out as I'd expect it to now.

southtyronegael

I'd say Peter Donnelly and John devine are feeling quite pleased with themselves tonight.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2020, 11:33:01 PM
I'd say Peter Donnelly and John devine are feeling quite pleased with themselves tonight.

I doubt it, as they are idiots like you who would take join in their county getting beat.

We are in serious bother, have really went back as far as I can see. Short year ahead

bigpackiechestout

Is there any word of what Richard Donnelly and Hampsey's situation is? We could do with both of them back asap.

The Sweeper.com

Not at the required standard unfortunately.

Decent Club footballer. But not up to County level.

Ben Mc Donnell the same.

But they always seem to feature for some reason. Strange ;) ;) ;)