All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2023, 05:49:40 PM
Agree with most of the comments on here Glen the better team by maybe 5/6 points but made hard work of getting those extra scores to put the game to bed and gave Moycuplen hope towards the end.

Had that handy free not been missed I'm not sure Glen would have won!

Having said that they were excellent in spells and the ref was harsh against them I thought. They got through though and that's all that matters. Many wrote them off after a fairly poor performance against Cargin but they're able to raise their game as is necessary so I'd still give them a good chance against Crokes. They also made hard work of a game that should have been very comfortable.

Looking forward to the final hopefully it's a good game.

PS. Tallon was never MOTM not sure how that was picked!
This must have been Wattys first time playing in Croke Park so any nerves are understandable

screenexile

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2023, 06:04:53 PM
Good point hadn't thought about that!!
It looks like a fantastic club. It would be nice if they could go one better than Sleacht.

rodney trotter

The first year the Club Semi finals were in Croke Park. It's better for a team going into a final with some experience  of the place.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walt Jabsco

Aye they are. Played their last three games there. Leinster Semi, Leinster Final and AI Semi, same goes for Ballyhale

yellowcard

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 08, 2023, 06:19:21 PM
The first year the Club Semi finals were in Croke Park. It's better for a team going into a final with some experience  of the place.

I don't agree with playing any of the matches bar the final in Croke Park especially when you look at how often Kilmacud have played there this year alone. But it was vital for Glen to get a match under their belt there and experience the winning feeling in Croke Park and hopefully that will help get rid of some of the caution the next day. They are a much better side when they are playing like they did in the first 10 minutes of both the Ulster final and todays match until they began to hold onto possession with no real purpose.

seafoid

screenexile

Why were Leinster club games in Croker?? Is it just because of the surface? Parnell or Portlaoise could easily have held those games and it give an unfair advantage to the other provinces!!

rodney trotter

Yeah there shouldn't be an advantage like that in the All Ireland series. Then again Dublin shouldn't have that advantage in the National League

befair

Wildweasel74

Sure the Crokes games in the Dublin championship on TV, Parnell Park was half full, why the games were switched to Croke Park in the leinster was anybody's guess. Me, am going with Dublin bias.

Blowitupref

Paddy Power odds to win the senior final

Kilmacud Crokes 8/15
Glen 11/8

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

With Dublin in the league, nowhere else in Dublin has the capacity for the county team, that's the difference, Club fball no need to be in Croke Park when other venues can take the games.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2023, 06:35:01 PM
Why were Leinster club games in Croker?? Is it just because of the surface? Parnell or Portlaoise could easily have held those games and it give an unfair advantage to the other provinces!!
With the tight timeframes they are trying to avoid unplayable pitches elsewhere in January is the answer surely.
Hurling semi finals were both in CP as well, I don't recall this happening before, blame the split season.