Junior Hurling Question

Started by Ontheborder, October 07, 2018, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontheborder

Lads, would it be possible to find a junior team to hurl with who wouldn't mind a blow in but might struggle to field a team/ have subs? To be honest my skills are poor and haven't played a minute since 2017.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Ontheborder on October 07, 2018, 07:21:12 PM
Lads, would it be possible to find a junior team to hurl with who wouldn't mind a blow in but might struggle to field a team/ have subs? To be honest my skills are poor and haven't played a minute since 2017.
It's really down to where you reside. The likes of Clonad and Colt are near Portlaoise and could suit as both are tight for numbers for 2nd team   I doubt Ballyfin and Mountmellick will refuse a player either. The good thing about Laois is the big clubs tend to put 3 or 4 teams so there should be room for you somewhere near where you reside.

BallyroanAbbey

Kyle, Ballypickas and Trumera would be probably the smallest in terms of picks in the county and would appreciate a newcomer greatly

Ontheborder

Thanks men. Best just to contact clubs? Literally happy to be a sub atm!

burdizzo

Just rock up some evening there's training on, and there'll be no going back! Just do it, as they say!

Goku

Just Make sure you rock up to training before the transfer deadline, maybe contact someone in Whatever club before Christmas, it should be no bother to transfer as long as you do it in time

Ontheborder

Thanks all. Will get it sorted before Christmas so!

Don Draper

Quote from: Goku on October 09, 2018, 09:09:54 AM
Just Make sure you rock up to training before the transfer deadline, maybe contact someone in Whatever club before Christmas, it should be no bother to transfer as long as you do it in time
If you're an intercounty transfer you can transfer any time in the year, but yea, it'll take a bit of time.

If its inter club in Laois, be sure you have an ESB bill for an outhouse somewhere in the vicinity of where you wish to move to, that should suffice.

Ontheborder

I'm registered in another county at the moment.

SpeculativeEffort

Ontheborder

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Ontheborder on October 13, 2018, 06:46:42 PM
The KK/Tipp one!

Rathdowney Errill typically have two junior teams and I would imagine that is pretty close to where you live (KK / Tipp - Urlingford direction??). Any club would be welcoming to new players. You are not too far from Harps territory either.

Ontheborder

Would both clubs have big numbers relatively speaking? Rathdowney always seem to have a huge pick.

burdizzo

Yes! Kyle would be a bit further away, but could certainly use bodies, I'd say! Their only team won the junior 'b' this year.

Ontheborder

Quote from: burdizzo on October 27, 2018, 07:16:40 PM
Yes! Kyle would be a bit further away, but could certainly use bodies, I'd say! Their only team won the junior 'b' this year.

Saw that. They must be doing pretty well with what they have!