Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperhiggins

Quote from: Snapchap on July 26, 2021, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: Delegater on July 26, 2021, 12:44:31 PM
Video doing the rounds of a cowardly blindside assault in the local derby in division 1.  >:(
Can you tell any more or do you just like being mysterious? ???

Edendork v Dungannon. Don't know how much paparazzi were there but from the footage I saw it looked like an all out brawl. Two poison clubs showing their true colours.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: viperhiggins on July 26, 2021, 01:08:55 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 26, 2021, 01:03:39 PM
Quote from: Delegater on July 26, 2021, 12:44:31 PM
Video doing the rounds of a cowardly blindside assault in the local derby in division 1.  >:(

Been reported to police.

Does it warrant involvement from the RUC?
The player will think twice of doing it again.

viperhiggins

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 26, 2021, 06:22:54 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on July 26, 2021, 06:18:37 AM
Kezzy Corr was starting for their seniors throughout the league the year they won the championship

One player just?

I believe so - Coalisland seniors were struggling to field a reserve team at times in fact I believe the played a game with 16 players and then forfeited the next game due to lack of numbers. There should be a new rule proposed. I believe the IIIs should have a 4/5 match period before the seniors submit their players not eligible to play IIIs as the first few games could show a lot of how a player has progressed through pre season. This 4/5 game grace period would also help with injury issues than can lead to problems with numbers at reserve level.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: viperhiggins on July 27, 2021, 08:24:27 AM
Kezzy Corr was starting for their seniors throughout the league the year they won the championship

One player just?

I believe so - Coalisland seniors were struggling to field a reserve team at times in fact I believe the played a game with 16 players and then forfeited the next game due to lack of numbers. There should be a new rule proposed. I believe the IIIs should have a 4/5 match period before the seniors submit their players not eligible to play IIIs as the first few games could show a lot of how a player has progressed through pre season. This 4/5 game grace period would also help with injury issues than can lead to problems with numbers at reserve level.

See below extract from the 2021 Tyrone CCC Regulations. Any club with a 3rds team had until 1st July to re-grade a thirds player to the senior panel. By 1st July, all clubs had 5 games played and ample time to see who was progressing well for the thirds. Once they have played senior football, they may NOT return to thirds football however. So if Coalisland read the regulations, this should not be an issue.

"38. Where a club enters a third (and fourth) team into the adult competitions, they must name a
panel of 40 players prior to the commencement of the competition, compliant with Rule 6.2
T.O. 2021, who may not play for their third (or fourth) team.
Exceptions:
- Where a player on the 'list of 40' has not played for either the clubs first team or
reserve team before 1st July, they may be permitted to regrade to the
third/fourth team with permission of CCC.
- Where a player, not on the 'list of 40', plays for the first and/or reserve team,
they may not subsequently play for the thirds or fourths team."

Tyrone95

Round 9

Killyclogher v Trillick

Donaghmore v Pomeroy

Errigal Ciaran v Coalisland

Derrylaughan v Dromore

Ardboe v Clonoe

Edendork v Loughmacrory

Omagh v Moy

Dungannon v Carrickmore

Eglish v Galbally

Last chance for a few teams to pick up points before the County cavalry arrive back. Few teams in a good position to avoid the drop already and a few teams going to be left with a lot of work to do on final stretch of fixtures. I think the 4 teams currently in the drop zone may be the ones to go.  (Fianna to pull off the great escape)  8)

rrhf

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on July 27, 2021, 08:43:09 AM

One player just?

See below extract from the 2021 Tyrone CCC Regulations. Any club with a 3rds team had until 1st July to re-grade a thirds player to the senior panel. By 1st July, all clubs had 5 games played and ample time to see who was progressing well for the thirds. Once they have played senior football, they may NOT return to thirds football however. So if Coalisland read the regulations, this should not be an issue.

"38. Where a club enters a third (and fourth) team into the adult competitions, they must name a
panel of 40 players prior to the commencement of the competition, compliant with Rule 6.2
Exceptions:
- Where a player on the 'list of 40' has not played for either the clubs first team or
- Where a player, not on the 'list of 40', plays for the first and/or reserve team,
what is wrong with guys switching between reserves and thirds? red tape madness. Let teams play.

GaelTheGael

Killyclogher v Trillick

Donaghmore v Pomeroy - Donaghmore have a lot of players isolating.

Errigal Ciaran v Coalisland - Coalisland currently more of a mess than Errigal.

Derrylaughan v Dromore - Dromore to hammer the mess that is Derrylaughan at present.

Ardboe v Clonoe - tight one but Clonoe better scoring power should win it.

Edendork v Loughmacrory

Omagh v Moy - Omagh another team that seem to be a complete mess. An aging team adding to their problems.

Dungannon v Carrickmore - tight one but Dungannon are on a strong run of form after a poor opening.

Eglish v Galbally - big 4 pointer but Eglish have the form and momentum with them at the moment.

shawshank

looks like 'mess' is your word of the day. ;D ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: rrhf on July 29, 2021, 12:12:16 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on July 27, 2021, 08:43:09 AM

One player just?

Exceptions:
what is wrong with guys switching between reserves and thirds? red tape madness. Let teams play.

I'd say it would be to prevent swapping people Willy nilly between the teams for important games. Needs to be some level of control.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rrhf

What way do Dungannon rugby do it with 5 adult teams?

bigtogs

Leaving the game tonight I heard an Ardboe man say they had not won a home game from 2019, would that be correct??

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bigtogs on July 29, 2021, 10:28:56 PM
Leaving the game tonight I heard an Ardboe man say they had not won a home game from 2019, would that be correct??

They had 2 x WO last year and this, and only 5/6 other home games (All lost). Won their last home game of 2019.
So it sounds worse than the reality but still a dry enough run for them.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Take_her_back_ref

That would be correct. Lost two homes games last year with 2 further games not played.. Lost 3 this year.

Under Lights

Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on July 29, 2021, 11:29:30 PM

That would be correct. Lost two homes games last year with 2 further games not played.. Lost 3 this year.

Relegation stuff that.

Tyrone Gaa

How does relegation work. Is it bottom 4 straight down? Or are there playoffs to be done. Taking in other clubs.

Edendork, Galbally and Derrylaughan I would say are as good as gone after their slow starts, I'm
not sure they have enough to fight back (Although 2-3 weeks ago I would have had Eglish in that mix).  Edendork badly hit by the starred system.

Pomeroy would be my 4th team to go. They don't seem to get a big lift from
their county men.

Eglish will hang on.
Living the dream!!!