2019 U20 Football Development League

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, January 25, 2019, 12:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Great win last night. I'll try and do ratings (someone here used to do it before) but I know it's completely dangerous! Don't attack me. Do your own ratings!  ;D

Byron 8 – Excellent kickouts and two top class saves. I'd imagine he will become Brody's number two sooner rather than later.

Dowling 8 – Great little bit of stuff. Sticky as hell. Another off the Portlaoise conveyor belt.

Lacey 8 – Plays quite like the da who I'm old enough to remember well. Tough, fast, sticky. Good prospect.

Mohan 7.5 – Solid, unspectacular. Rarely got turned and good passer out from the back.

Slevin 8 – Lively, very skilful. Nice point too.

O'Flynn 8.5 – Some prospect. Gives it everything and has all the skills too. Made one mistake at the very end when game was in the bag anyway.

Brophy 7 – Good display. Solid and willing to get forward

E Dunne 7.5 – Very good, hardworking display. Does all the simple things well.

Tyrell 7.5 – Remarks would be almost interchangeable with Dunne. Needs to work on the tackling. Having gotten an early yellow last night, another ref could well have given him another before half time.

Barry 7 – A mixed bag. Three fine frees but thought from play he was sloppy. The game will improve him.

Doran 7 – One really good point just after half time but the game bypassed him a lot otherwise.

Coffey 9 – Edged Kinsella for man of the match. Covered a lot of ground, two fine points, brilliant pass for the goal, never wasted a ball.

Kinsella 8.5 – Brilliant. Hardworker, tricky on the ball, always gives the right pass and can score too.

McCormack 7.5 – Big Dan! Reminds me of another former underage prospect Daryl Hayden who disappeared off the scene completely. Nice fisted point. Good awareness for the goal but there's something missing I think in terms of the way the team play.

Whelan 7.5 – Bad night on the frees but two great scores from play. Great to win with him a bit below par.

Owens 8 – Looked very lively when he came on, took a great score, but ran into tackles unnecessarily a few times.

N Dunne 7.5  - Looked good both times he came on. Definitely an option in midfield or anywhere in the forwards.

I couldn't rate the other subs. Too short a time on the field.

SCFC

Will the team be unchanged for the final? The easy option is to leave a winning team alone but I would bring in either Owens or Niall Dunne or maybe both in the attack for Doran and McCormack. But I doubt that will happen.
On another note I believe 9 of the first 17 used Tuesday night are underage again next year. Great prospects for next year already.

Jd

5 off the St. Paul's team are underage 3 from port Dowling Barry not too sure after that

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Jd on July 13, 2019, 02:29:13 PM
5 off the St. Paul's team are underage 3 from port Dowling Barry not too sure after that

Brophy underage again next year as well. Bright futures ahead for some of these lads.

Heshs Umpire

This was the under 17 panel in 2017 which will be the age group for next year's under 20 panel.

Andrew Swayne (Portlaoise)
Cathal Duggan (Portlaoise)
Eoin O'Connor (Portlaoise)
Gary Saunders (Portlaoise)
Michael Dowling (Portlaoise)
Cian Doyle (Courtwood)
Matthew Byron (Courtwood)
Niall Dunne (Courtwood)
Seán O'Flynn (Courtwood)
Seth Mooney Burns (Courtwood)*
Alex Mohan (Portarlington)
Ronan Coffey (Portarlington)
Colin Slevin (Portarlington) (Captain)
Seán Michael Corcoran (Portarlington)*
Jack Owens (Emo)
Ned Ryan (Emo)*
Niall Gorman (Emo)
Oisin Keogh (Emo)*
Ciarán Byrne (Ballyroan-Abbey)*
Enda McWey (Ballyroan-Abbey)*
John Rogers (Ballyroan-Abbey)
Bernard Wheatley (St Joseph's)
Dean Brophy (St Joseph's)
Josh Lacey (St Joseph's)*
Damien McCaul (Annanough)
Killian Horgan (Annanough)
Mark O'Connell (Timahoe)*
Mark Barry (O'Dempsey's)
PJ Daly (The Heath)
Paddy Walsh (Killeshin)
Seán O'Neill (The Rock)*
Tom Wright (Ballylinan)*
Brian Fingleton (Park-Ratheniska)*
Callum Hennessy (Graiguecullen)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The PRO

There's some very good chaps to add to next year's team. O'Neill from The Rock is top class. Horgan of Annanough is one to keep an eye on too. Saunders of course would be a massive addition if available.

redsetanta

I wonder will many travel over to Tullamore on Friday for this. 3 weekends on the trot with the senior hurlers mightn't help. In saying that it's not that far of a journey for supporters over round Port, emo etc.

Laois should be well able to outnumber their Dublin counterparts.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

I certainly hope so!

When you're playing Dublin the result will always be uncertain but this is a really genuine bunch of players that deserve a decent support. I would really encourage everyone interested in Laois football to take a look. They have a genuine chance. Three weeks in a row might be hard for the players but the supporters should be able to manage it!

Joeythelips

I see TG4 are showing the game live, hopefully will be able to see on their site over here in the UK. From reading game reports so far, this sounds like a decent team with some good natural defenders, something our senior team have lacked recently. Best of luck to them against the Dubs.

The PRO

Countyminor

Laois 7/2 outsiders to win on PP  ;) Really looking forward to Sunday, this team can rubbish those odds. The fact that we can leave the likes of Jack Owens and Niall Dunne on the bench speaks for itself, this is a very strong side. Can't wait for Friday!

redsetanta

Will put a few bob on that and the handicap of evens +4.

Laois hurlers have been good to me this year hopefully the U20's can do the same.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The PRO

Just think that if Meath had beaten Laois, they wouldn't be as big a price as 7/2.