1991 All Ireland Final Replay - Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust

Started by supersub, November 06, 2013, 12:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it's fairly competitive and Mickey keeps his teeth this time out!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

southdown

Hardy

Quote from: Aristo 60 on November 06, 2013, 01:02:02 PM
Looking forward to it. Hopefully it's fairly competitive and Mickey keeps his teeth this time out!

Best to leave them in the dressing room, I'd say.

Denn Forever

Well done all involved.  22 years.  Be good to see some old style football.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Aristo 60

I'll do a baldy count for each side.
Can someone else please take responsibility for beer gut and dodgy hip/knee counts.

Feckitt

When Down are under pressure near the end from the O'Rourke led comeback, Will Down be allowed to bring on Ambrose Rodgers Jnr as a sub?

Hardy

Will the referee be allowed to blow up 2 minutes early just because Meath look like winning?

Aristo 60

Will the referee turn a blind eye to meath's cynical fouling in the first 15 mins because they had a duty to do that because Down were a soft Northern bunch and sure no Northern team has the right to win a big game of football this past 23 years sir and if we go out big style on them in the first 15 mins we'll have them rattled and we'll bring sam back to the royal and sure didn't we bate the dubs this year anyhow

And f3ck them anyways for having so much red and black on the hill and fr1g that withnell lad where did he come from and how did he flick lyons on his hole when lyons was roiding him nobody does that to our mick

thang frick Linden missed a sitter in the second half but when he was in on goal one on one - that would of put us 43 points behind.

And what about all the hand passing that led to the down goal sure that was contemptible and they never even let us near them to land a tackle and sure it was nearly a square ball anyhow and the camera man's jerk tells ye that sure and carr and mason never had a better day since on the frees and didn't it take down 4 scored frees til Burns put one on the board from play and ..

Mental note - we'll not let tyrone do this to us next time out - no way sirs

Hardy

Wow! What'd you be like if yiz had lost?

I know it's tough that the GAA world sees Down as the surrogate champions of 1991. All people remember about that year is Meath and, to a lesser extent, Dublin. All they remember about the final is that Meath almost won it despite being a few dozen scores down and that their star player came on with pneumonia and turned the game on his own. Who were they playing again?

Aristo 60

Quote from: Hardy on November 06, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
Will the referee be allowed to blow up 2 minutes early just because Meath look like winning?

I'd be writing some petty shite like yours  ::)  ..

southdown

supersub

Haha easy lads.

But remember...no one remembers second place  ;)