iPhone 5

Started by supersub, September 11, 2012, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

The 'launch' is nearly here, and while people will dismiss it and call it shite and a waste of money etc etc, no doubt most will have a gander at the look and specification of the new device at some point in the next week or so!

What do people expect and will those with current iphones be going all out to get their hands on it?

Few rumors about different things here..

http://www.t3.com/news/apple-iphone-5-news-release-date-price-specs-rumours

mc_grens

I'm still using a 3Gs which is coming towards the end. I've thought about moving to a Galsxy S3 but said I'd hold on and get a look at iPhone 5.

Upon further thought I've decided I prob will buy the iPhone 5 as all my apps are from the Apple app store and all my music etc. is on iTunes and it'd be too much bother to redo all that.

supersub

Indeed. Will wait and see what the Craic is with it myself. Tempted to go for galaxy siii!

laoislad

Specs look good but they didn't really push the boat out in terms of design.
Slightly longer and thinner but basically looks the same as iPhone 4/4s
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maguire01

Nothing very exciting or innovative from what I've seen.

Don Johnson

Well that was a bit of a letdown.

I had said if it was that much of an improvement I would sell my 4s and pay for the rest to get the new handset.

Nothing too special to make me want to now though. My 4s is working perfectly fine so think I will stick with it for now.

Looking forward to the new iOs though, some nice features on it.

Cold tea

I have a nokia - it makes calls and sends texts - it's perfect.

laoislad

I think the next development will be holograms.
When your talking to someone on the phone you'll be able see a hologram of them, or if your looking up pictures of women on the Internet their hologram will pop up.

A Debbie McGee hologram... Nice ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2012, 11:49:19 AM
I think the next development will be holograms.
When your talking to someone on the phone you'll be able see a hologram of them, or if your looking up pictures of women on the Internet their hologram will pop up.

A Debbie McGee hologram... Nice ;D

Can see the headlines now "Arrest in serial hologram abuser case made in Laois - McGee said to be recovering well"  ;D

Declan

Naw here's the next release

Shamrock Shore

Armaghgeddon

Nokia Lumia 920 is a better phone.

Puckoon

Currently wielding the iPhone 4 and I can't say I'm in any rush to upgrade, although when this one takes a shit I will be going back to apple. I like the convenience and the ease of use with these phones. I really love the iMessage and face time which enables me to text and call Ireland for free, without the use of an app.
Apart from continual improvement of the cameras, and getting my jig on with Siri, there's not much they can do after this that I'm going to be in a rush to go out and buy.

Maguire01

Quote from: Cold tea on September 13, 2012, 10:09:12 AM
I have a nokia - it makes calls and sends texts - it's perfect.
I'm sure it is, if that's all you want it to do.

Armaghgeddon

Difficult to say where the next development on the phone front is going to be. The whole siri thing isn't that new, Nokia have had it on their phones for ages and it has been included in on the nokia N8 but I personally don't think it can or will be perfected. Im suprised that the Iphone has not put in a better camera, the N8 which is out dated by some 2 years now still has a better camera at 12mp and HD video. Nokia are on the right track with the development of wireless charging and it is something that everyone with a phone would use. At the moment there isn't anything new, it has appeared at some point in the past on mobile phones.  If 3DTV does take off, it won't be long untill it is introduced to the phone.