The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

I could see a scenario where the next few managers at Liverpool struggle and the SOS is sent out to Klopp to come take over again. Realistically there are only really a few jobs that could tempt him back again the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and the German job.

He's not Finnish he's only 56.

supersub

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 26, 2024, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 26, 2024, 10:57:26 AMThe timing is right, he leaves the club in rude health playing wise and I wouldn't bet against them winning the PL.

He'll not get involved in coaching for at least a year and then a big club like Real Madrid will be his next stop.

Not so sure if the timing right, I know it was said in the statement he told the club he was leaving in November but is that news that needs to be made public during a title race?

Xabi Alonso the clear favourite to be his replacement.

Timing is right surely.

It will have zero impact on the title race, why would it? People will talk for two weeks perhaps, and then it'll be largely on the back burner. It'll already be on the back burner for the players.

smort

Fergie did something similar at utd and things went pear-shaped

jcpen

Quote from: supersub on January 26, 2024, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 26, 2024, 10:57:26 AMThe timing is right, he leaves the club in rude health playing wise and I wouldn't bet against them winning the PL.

He'll not get involved in coaching for at least a year and then a big club like Real Madrid will be his next stop.

Not so sure if the timing right, I know it was said in the statement he told the club he was leaving in November but is that news that needs to be made public during a title race?

Timing is right surely.

It will have zero impact on the title race, why would it? People will talk for two weeks perhaps, and then it'll be largely on the back burner. It'll already be on the back burner for the players.
If Liverpool win the league it will be called a master stroke if they don't the same people will say it's because he announced his retirement. I don't think it will have any effect either way.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Armagh18

As an oppostion fan he comes across as a total whining p***k- blaming the wind etc for them getting beat. But the sort of p***k that Fergie no doubt came across as to opposition fans as well and it's clear why Liverpool fans love him.

What a manager, his achievements to go from where Liverpool were to what he did with them was amazing. Would have him at United in a heartbeat and think he is 10x the manager that Pep is.

Saffrongael

It looks like the announcement was probably brought forward before it was leaked, they did well keeping it secret from November
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 27, 2024, 08:59:25 AMIt looks like the announcement was probably brought forward before it was leaked, they did well keeping it secret from November
Yeah look at Ferguson- his was leaked early, as was Van Gaal sacking

statto

Quote from: jcpen on January 27, 2024, 08:09:08 AM
Quote from: supersub on January 26, 2024, 10:30:57 PM

Timing is right surely.

If Liverpool win the league it will be called a master stroke if they don't the same people will say it's because he announced his retirement. I don't think it will have any effect either way.
I would say that the atmosphere at Anfield will be electric for all the remaining games knowing that there will likely be a drop off next year.Salah possibly going in the summer and Virgil only a few years left too so new manager going to have two massive holes to fill in coming years.

ONeill

It's hard to know how this will pan out. One scenario is that it will motivate the players to win for him. Then there's the other one where players don't feel the need to impress as he'll not be here next year. You just don't know.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

statto

Quote from: ONeill on January 27, 2024, 10:24:11 AMIt's hard to know how this will pan out. One scenario is that it will motivate the players to win for him. Then there's the other one where players don't feel the need to impress as he'll not be here next year. You just don't know.
If you have put yourself in decent position to compete on four fronts don't think there will be a down tools mentality as the managers not going to be there.Its not as if Liverpool are out of all competitions and in mid table with nothing to play for, if that was the case then that could happen.Though this will be spouted about no doubt after first loss.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ONeill on January 27, 2024, 10:24:11 AMIt's hard to know how this will pan out. One scenario is that it will motivate the players to win for him. Then there's the other one where players don't feel the need to impress as he'll not be here next year. You just don't know.

True can go one of two ways.

Ferguson was to retire first aged 60 at the end of the 2001/2002 season and his late wife changed his mind. In his own words.

"The biggest mistake I made was announcing I would retire at the end of the 2001/2002 season"

"I think a lot of them had put their tools away. They thought, 'Oh, the manager's leaving'

When he retired in 2013 he said that decision was made during the winter but made sure it wasn't announced to the public until the title was won.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Saffrongael

A bit of insight into what a manager at the top level goes through

Joashnjuguna (@Steve Ruigu Njuguna) posted: Arsene Wenger talking about how football denied him from having his ideal family life.
This is such an honest and raw watch💯
https://t.co/eFuEa94Awi https://x.com/joashnjuguna/status/1750995239576166710?s=51&t=p6a2iuyvhhHTNPUOLtbXgA
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

snoopdog

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 27, 2024, 12:49:43 PMA bit of insight into what a manager at the top level goes through

Joashnjuguna (@Steve Ruigu Njuguna) posted: Arsene Wenger talking about how football denied him from having his ideal family life.
This is such an honest and raw watch💯
https://t.co/eFuEa94Awi https://x.com/joashnjuguna/status/1750995239576166710?s=51&t=p6a2iuyvhhHTNPUOLtbXgA
I'm sure the paypacket was a great comfort to him and his family. Working hampers my ideal family life also.  Load of b0ll0x moaning about a job that if you get sacked from you still get millions. Crying about being burnt out at 56. Try doing a run of the mill every day job . Whinging entitled c..... thr lot of them.

Capt Pat

A comfortable 5-2 win over Norwich and Robo, Trent and Szoboslai all returning from injury. A god days work.