The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Sort of with you Stevo.

We have three superb defenders for two positions. I wouldn't be adverse to getting all three in.

ExiledGael

Babel might be busy promoting his new music career. This is actually genuine.

By Dan Silver
You might think that Liverpool players would think twice about rapping in public following their abysmal 1988 FA Cup final single 'The Anfield Rap' – not to mention John Barnes' excruciating cameo on New Order's 'World In Motion'.
It's a shame nobody told Ryan Babel, then. The Dutchman might be a hit on the pitch – see his winner against Manchester United last weekend for proof – but he's not exactly Jay-Z on the mic, as this clip of a freestyle session recorded for Dutch radio station 101Barz proves.
Ryan's rapping in Dutch, which means you might not catch cutting edge lyrics like "no caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken' and "I can't even spend all my money/
Keep your daughter in sight or you will be my family", so thankfully we've included a translation below.
Warning: this contains some very bad language. And some even worse rapping...

Translation:
Rapping is my hobby
Rappers don't want trouble
I'm the Liverpool star those bitches are loving
I know what time it is - I've just bought a new watch
I'll give you a punchline: eight seconds, you'll be knocked down
Towel in the ring
My family in the V.I.P
No caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken
Ya'll know nothing: this is the Premier League
Representing the G
You can see this n***a with number 19
Ya'll can f*** off, I f*** with a whole team
Ya'll can talk, but you don't get anything with it
Ya'll can't be like me, my status is too high
If rappers come to close, I have to take space
People watch YouTube to learn my actions
I have those skills, try some tricks
I was a poor n***a
Now I make f***ing money
I went from the Euro to the English pound
I put money in my pocket, now I spend money on nothing
I like it this way, I'm sure you like it
If somebody want beef, well come on
I like it with some pepper, homie
I'm sure in my life
Give me the f***ing ball, you lose both legs
And now my competition is past
If you hate me because of that, I say you're right
If I was you, I would hate me too
I have the s**t homie
I can't even spend all my money
Keep your daughter in sight. or you will be my family
I'll take your daughter and let her make clean
101 Barz - this is the first time but I came hard!
I came alone, I don't have a back-up
I came because I mean it
Check it

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 26, 2008, 02:52:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2008, 02:13:44 PM
I know he is a CB but would there be merit in having a look at him in LB.  He is a great ball player, quick and good in the tackle.  He may be an option.

Indeed. Or even putting Carra at RB and arbeloa at LB, with Skrtel & Agger in CB positions. Not convinced about Dossena at this early stage and would worry about the Derby match tomorrow.

Either way, a back line consisting of Carra, Agger & Skrtel is fairly intimidating.

I think that for the game tomorrow there would be no fear in playing Carra right back anyway.  they have no real speed merchants on the wing but are very good in the air, particulalry at set plays.  There would need to be as many big bodies around the box as possible.  Arbeloa could play LB, but I actually think Dossena may have a big game tomorrow.  I think this kind of game may just suit him.

If he goes for 4-4-2 to keept it compact I would like to see

reina

Carra,Skertel, Agger, Dossena

Gerard,Masch, Alonso, Riera

Torres,Keane.

We know he won't play that team as his dutch love child will play not matter what, so fcuk knows how they'll line out!

stevo-08

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2008, 05:13:43 PM

We know he won't play that team as his dutch love child will play not matter what, so fcuk knows how they'll line out!

thats brilliant. :D :D :D
sums it up perfectly actually.

EC Unique

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 26, 2008, 03:45:12 PM
Babel might be busy promoting his new music career. This is actually genuine.

By Dan Silver
You might think that Liverpool players would think twice about rapping in public following their abysmal 1988 FA Cup final single 'The Anfield Rap' – not to mention John Barnes' excruciating cameo on New Order's 'World In Motion'.
It's a shame nobody told Ryan Babel, then. The Dutchman might be a hit on the pitch – see his winner against Manchester United last weekend for proof – but he's not exactly Jay-Z on the mic, as this clip of a freestyle session recorded for Dutch radio station 101Barz proves.
Ryan's rapping in Dutch, which means you might not catch cutting edge lyrics like "no caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken' and "I can't even spend all my money/
Keep your daughter in sight or you will be my family", so thankfully we've included a translation below.
Warning: this contains some very bad language. And some even worse rapping...

Translation:
Rapping is my hobby
Rappers don't want trouble
I'm the Liverpool star those bitches are loving
I know what time it is - I've just bought a new watch
I'll give you a punchline: eight seconds, you'll be knocked down
Towel in the ring
My family in the V.I.P
No caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken
Ya'll know nothing: this is the Premier League
Representing the G
You can see this n***a with number 19
Ya'll can f*** off, I f*** with a whole team
Ya'll can talk, but you don't get anything with it
Ya'll can't be like me, my status is too high
If rappers come to close, I have to take space
People watch YouTube to learn my actions
I have those skills, try some tricks
I was a poor n***a
Now I make f***ing money
I went from the Euro to the English pound
I put money in my pocket, now I spend money on nothing
I like it this way, I'm sure you like it
If somebody want beef, well come on
I like it with some pepper, homie
I'm sure in my life
Give me the f***ing ball, you lose both legs
And now my competition is past
If you hate me because of that, I say you're right
If I was you, I would hate me too
I have the s**t homie
I can't even spend all my money
Keep your daughter in sight. or you will be my family
I'll take your daughter and let her make clean
101 Barz - this is the first time but I came hard!
I came alone, I don't have a back-up
I came because I mean it
Check it

:o :o :-X  Words can not describe how much of a w**ker!!

corn02

Yeah he has been merced.

BC dutch love child or not, Kuyt is the sort of grafter needed for this match, especially if our full-backs are going to be Arbeloa and Dossena.. The vastly under rated player will start and I think Xabi will be on the bench.

brokencrossbar1

corn, I actually have been one of his fiercest backers since Rafa bought him, and I know he goes through a load of work, but £12m or whatevcer it was for a workhorse.  He was bought ot score goals, has failed miserably at that, he is pushed to right sided attacker, has no touch, questionable pace and can't cross copnsistently.  He remionds me a lot of the type of player John Rafferty was for Armagh when he played wing forward.  Could run all day but did feck all with the ball.  He would be a great man for winning break ball in the middle of the field though!

magpie seanie

Intersting stats for some of you guys on Newstalk the other night. Robbie Keane has never scored a league goal in August and hasn't scored in the first 5 weeks of the season for the past few seasons (forget but think its 3). So no need to panic that yer money is done just yet.

Hound

reina

Torres,Keane.

That's what I'd go with, but I reckon Dirky will be in and Robbie benched.

supersub

Quote from: Hound on September 26, 2008, 08:52:24 PM
reina

Torres,Keane.

id say dirt will be in instead of alonso and mash and stevie in the middle. tactical genious.... ::)

corn02

Quote from: supersub on September 27, 2008, 01:30:37 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 26, 2008, 08:52:24 PM
reina

Torres,Keane.

id say dirt will be in instead of alonso and mash and stevie in the middle. tactical genious.... ::)

As genius as your spelling. By the way rhyming Dirk with dirt - superb.

I said the other day that I expected Rafa to go 4-4-2 - only surprise is that he has not rotated so very strong team out, but no Mascherano.

Yeah BC not getting at you, just I know plenty of Liverpool fans who just say Kuyt is shite. His goal return, champions league aside, is not good enough. Although he is playing out of position he still ain't getting enough, but his crossing has improved dramatically. I said he suits this game becausae it will be the sort of match he can prosper on. I would not play him against the likes of Stoke etc were a bit of invention is needed to unlock the door - but he has proven a big game player and maybe he will win it today.

Gabriel_Hurl

Nando  ;D

Nando x 2  ;D ;D

Mike Riley is a clown  >:(

GalwayBayBoy

Great win. Finally got going in the second half. Pity Riley robbed Torres of his hat-trick. He really is a useless ref. Better team throughout really but only confirmed it once we decided to go at Everton after the break.

Torres brilliant finishing. Gerrard was very good. Keane had a hand in both goals. Better from him. Stoke result looks even more bizarre sandwiched in between beating Man U and Everton.

Minder

I thought we may have paid for not turning the first half dominance into goals when they were on top, Everton are brutal in fairness. Very good performance though. I felt sorry for Torres in the first half, some of the crossing from Arbeloa and Kuyt was poor. Those two goals should set him off on a run of goals now. Riley is a clown as Gab said, Kuyt never touched Lescott & it was harsh sending off Cahill. All pales into comparison though when you hear fo the stories coming from Salford Park today and Rob Styles gifting United a penalty. All in all Liverpool passed it well and were in total control, Alonso seems to be getting back to something like his best.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

A good win and a good performance today especially considering we were missing mascherano who would have thrived in the game. It made Rafa's team selection easier and it's still debatable what team will line out when he finally does have everyone fit and available.

Thought skrtel was superb at the back and showed why Agger is finding it difficult to break into the team, Arbeloa had another good outing at RB, Dossena did better but I wouldnt like to see him up against an opponent with pace. Alonso & Gerrard totally bossed the central midfield battle and actually I would have given MOTM to one of them instead of Torres who i thought was very poor in first half. Great to see alonso back to form and he's proving all his critics (me included) wrong. I'll be the first to admit I was in favour of buying Barry to replace alonso but Im now damn glad that didnt happen - fair play to the spaniard, keep it up. Riera didnt have his best outing on the left, Kuyt got through his usual workrate on the right and played well. Up front it was looking like a very frustrating afternoon for torres but thanks to a great cross by Keane, Torres got the chance he needed and the finish was excellent.

Riley was absolutely atrocious today - never even looked like allowing the game to flow and made ridiculous decisions - Fellaini's "challenge" on reina in first half, Torres's disallowed goal, Cahill's red card.

anyway, a crucial 3 points and badly needed after the draw to stoke. In fairness, we'd all have been happy with 7 points from Man U, Stoke & Everton so job done. Another big one away to City next week.