Westminster General Election 2024

Started by lurganblue, May 22, 2024, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

This is the type of candidate that SF are 'going after' now I think.  Moving away, to a certain extent, from the old guard. Pat is new blood, if you pardon the pun!

If she is successful, would she go down the route of Health Minister at some stage? She would have a better knowledge that most of this portfolio.

Maybe some long term planning here but needs to get elected first obviously.

Snapchat might know more?

gallsman

The thing with Health portfolio is that nobody with any sense wants to touch it from a political perspective.

Armagh18

Quote from: marty34 on May 29, 2024, 09:16:31 PMThis is the type of candidate that SF are 'going after' now I think.  Moving away, to a certain extent, from the old guard. Pat is new blood, if you pardon the pun!

If she is successful, would she go down the route of Health Minister at some stage? She would have a better knowledge that most of this portfolio.

You'd imagine someone with her background would be a prime candidate down the line. 

LC

Quote from: marty34 on May 29, 2024, 09:16:31 PMThis is the type of candidate that SF are 'going after' now I think.  Moving away, to a certain extent, from the old guard. Pat is new blood, if you pardon the pun!

Can't see her trading being an MP for MLA.

I would be surprised to see her around Stormount that much as she would have ability to make some of her colleagues (dare I say party leader) look very average in terms of how she can handle herself / comes across.

She would be an asset to any political party as she has done the heavy lifting in the real world unlike the rest of them.

Armagh18

Quote from: LC on May 29, 2024, 09:39:09 PM

Can't see her trading being an MP for MLA.

I would be surprised to see her around Stormount that much as she would have ability to make some of her colleagues (dare I say party leader) look very average in terms of how she can handle herself / comes across.

She would be an asset to any political party as she has done the heavy lifting in the real world unlike the rest of them.
First bit- O'Neills improved big time imo since taking the job and comes across really well for the most part these days.

100% on the second.

JPGJOHNNYG

Armagh18

marty34

Tony Baloney

Jim Bob

Bet there are a few Sinn Fein members pissed off in FST tonight who have worked their @@@@@ off the past few years and hoping that maybe they would in with a shout of being selected .............

marty34

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 29, 2024, 10:36:05 PM

Bet there are a few Sinn Fein members pissed off in FST tonight who have worked their @@@@@ off the past few years and hoping that maybe they would in with a shout of being selected .............

I wouldn't think so.