Started by Square Ball, June 24, 2007, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 08:55:53 AM
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:20:19 AM
Quote from: Tonto on June 25, 2007, 12:03:37 AM
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:01:33 AM
Quote from: nifan on June 24, 2007, 11:48:46 PM
Some claim that, others say he wasnt performing for NI.
Others who played in that game did continue to play.

Anyway those debates can occur another day - I have met tha man, and despite not agreeing with some recent comments I for one am sad to hear of his passing.

The man was progressive in this thinking and sought unity where others saw in his words betrayal, the guy was a character, something sadly missing in the game today.

The doog will be missed, although certain  north of  ireland fans will be happy! shame.

Using a condolance thread to take cheap digs?

I could say that I expected better, but that'd be a lie.

Shame.

That is not a cheap dig, that is the honest truth, hey all I have to do is look at the murals in East Belfast to back up what I said.

Now answer this question tonto, in your opinion will some northern fans be happy that Dougan is dead?
stew

That is a shameful comment, even by your usual standards.

What is shameful is the way the norn iron fans treated Dougan when he was alive and you only had to read the disgusting comments on OWC about a year or so ago proves my point.

Dougan dared to criticize the IFA and highlight the rampant sectarianism that was prevelant at WP and he got crucified for it and some of the die hards never forgave him what they saw as his betrayal.

Dougan wanted to unite the Countries football team to make it stronger so that everyone could get behind one team but the IFA would have none of it nor would the loyalist fans who followed the northern team and to this day we have their supporters coming onto this site stil refusing to look at having one team representative of everyone on the island and not just a team that represents 50% of the population of six counties. Shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

Stew it is not a shame to support NI, and not desire a single united team for this island.
I feel no shame at all in my stance.

stew

Quote from: nifan on June 25, 2007, 02:21:14 PM
Stew it is not a shame to support NI, and not desire a single united team for this island.
I feel no shame at all in my stance.

I never said you should feel shame in supporting ni, the shame should kick in because you cater to only half the population in the north and the thought of merging with the republic to have one decent team instead of two poor ones is repugnant to you.
I would also have thought you would have felt shame at the way Derek Dougan was treated after he had the audicity to suggest that there be an AI team, to put murals up on walls destroying his character was pretty shameful as well.

nifan

Quoteand the thought of merging with the republic to have one decent team instead of two poor ones is repugnant to you.

Why should I be ashamed of not wanting a merged team. I am a NI fan and have been since a child.

Quotewould also have thought you would have felt shame at the way Derek Dougan was treated after he had the audicity to suggest that there be an AI team, to put murals up on walls destroying his character was pretty shameful as well.

Dougan didnt receive his treatment over saying he thought an Ireland team might be a good idea, though im sure that many were not pleased with this.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on June 25, 2007, 03:40:29 PM
Quoteand the thought of merging with the republic to have one decent team instead of two poor ones is repugnant to you.

Why should I be ashamed of not wanting a merged team. I am a NI fan and have been since a child.

Quotewould also have thought you would have felt shame at the way Derek Dougan was treated after he had the audicity to suggest that there be an AI team, to put murals up on walls destroying his character was pretty shameful as well.

Dougan didnt receive his treatment over saying he thought an Ireland team might be a good idea, though im sure that many were not pleased with this.

Why did he receive this treatment then?????
Tbc....

nornironsuckarse

Dougan was a forward thinking man way ahead of his time, unfortunately for him he spoke up at a time when the union was rock solid in the north and the unionists had all the power, no way was there ever going to be a one team Ireland at that time and  what he said was seen as a sort of sporting treason and as a result he suffered in the press and on the terraces. The Doog was a character in a game that has less and less characters in it as the salaries get bigger, he will be missed.

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 25, 2007, 03:49:15 PM

Very simple, he went on TV and told a pack of lies about things that, he said, had happened at Windsor Park. When he was challenged on these lies, he eventually admitted that he hadn't even been at the match and hadn't been to WP for nearly 20 years.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 06:13:42 PM

Very simple, he went on TV and told a pack of lies about things that, he said, had happened at Windsor Park. When he was challenged on these lies, he eventually admitted that he hadn't even been at the match and hadn't been to WP for nearly 20 years.

You came on this site and spouted a pack of lies about what marty had done when engerland were hammering the north 4-0 sammy, are you man enough to apologise to us for lying through your teeth or do you not have the intestinal fortitude to say sorry when caught out in an obvious lie?

stew

Quote from: nornironsuckarse on June 25, 2007, 04:32:15 PM
Dougan was a forward thinking man way ahead of his time, unfortunately for him he spoke up at a time when the union was rock solid in the north and the unionists had all the power, no way was there ever going to be a one team Ireland at that time and  what he said was seen as a sort of sporting treason and as a result he suffered in the press and on the terraces. The Doog was a character in a game that has less and less characters in it as the salaries get bigger, he will be missed.

sporting treason my hoop! he said what he knew to be true and they pressured him to recant it.

he was a character I will give you that alright.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 06:31:18 PM

You came on this site and spouted a pack of lies about what marty had done when engerland were hammering the north 4-0 sammy, are you man enough to apologise to us for lying through your teeth or do you not have the intestinal fortitude to say sorry when caught out in an obvious lie?

WTF are you on about? The post from Marty was before the home match, not the 4-0 match, when he was in Manchester with the rest of us.

nifan

Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 06:33:00 PM
sporting treason my hoop! he said what he knew to be true and they pressured him to recant it.

he was a character I will give you that alright.

Stew, he said he knew what happened at windsor, then admitted he hadnt been in a large number of years.
He hardly could be said to know it was true - in fact what he said was not the case.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 06:34:46 PM
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 06:31:18 PM

I dont give a fcuk sammy, he made a post in the england game, how he did it i do not know but he did and he said that if anyone else posted on that thread they were barred, there is no room for interpretation here and i jumped all over it immediately as did several others on this board.

I wonder if nifan can shed any light on this subject?

nifan

Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 09:22:40 PM
I dont give a fcuk sammy, he made a post in the england game, how he did it i do not know but he did and he said that if anyone else posted on that thread they were barred, there is no room for interpretation here and i jumped all over it immediately as did several others on this board.

I wonder if nifan can shed any light on this subject?

Ive no idea stew - i didnt even see the start of this discussion and dont know exactly what you and sammy are arguing about.