Roscommon's next Manager

Started by Rossfan, July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2015, 11:36:33 PM
John Tobin got a coaching job with the Connacht Council in 02 and the we got TomTommy.
I wonder would Paul Early be in the frame........assuming a vacancy occurs.

Tommy Tom was a prize catch.

What did they do with the bell-boy though and how much did that cost?

giveballaghback

Ros county board are in financial difficulties and struggling to make ends meet, there is no money in the coffers to pay a top management team unless a benefactor comes on board, we have no major sponsor,
club rossie on the jersey, if Evans goes the manager will have to come from within the county, its time for rossie fans to get real here, Mayo have spent in the region of 3 million euro on the senior team alone in the past 4 seasons, we are not in a position to compete with that and anything that is done will have to be done on a shoestring, those are the facts of life for Roscommon football. To all the rhubarbs sticking their nose in I say " 5 in a row and nothing to show", what will be yere excuses this year ref-venue-bad luck or maybe the real truth "just not good enough"

Blowitupref

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 20, 2015, 11:50:56 PMwe have no major sponsor, club rossie on the jersey
You don't seem tuned in with the on goings of your own county?

http://www.gaaroscommon.ie/news/majorsponsorshipdealannounced
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: moysider on July 20, 2015, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 20, 2015, 11:02:28 PM
And here was me thinking the Rossies used lose the run of themselves but it seems to have spread into Mayo as well, ye are putting far too much emphasis on yesterday's game,  do ye not realise how hopeless Sligo were, 4 or 5 of that team got a serious tanking at under 21 this year including the full back and both midfielders,  ye are in for a serious shock when ye meet a decent team and it will be another year gone in yere quest for Sam.

No we re not we just enjoyed a game of football. You haven t a clue what emphasis I, for one, put on that game anyway. Yesterday's game and how we see it has no bearing on what happens next anyway. That should be obvious to anybody.

Anyway seeing ye all know how useless Sligo are I m sure ye took advantage of the occasion to make some easy money from the bookies. Easy money for everybody that saw that coming. How much did you make Flag?

Clearly you are putting a lot of emphasis on it when you keep referring back to what Mayo would have done to Roscommon yesterday. Its ridiculous and impossible to try to compare how another team would have performed yesterday.

Rossfan

Clubrossie is on the jersey but Tom Hunt is paying jersey sponsorship money.
Only about 40% renewed their memberships I'm told.
It gets more depressing by the day....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Its only a donation towards expenses by a generous Ros individual, a drop in the ocean towards what it takes to run a team, the jersey is still available but no proper sponsor can be found, its the facts of football life and we accept that, its not a complaint its just the facts, we will still be competitive next year regardless.

Shrewdness

I reckon now that we've got our own thread, it could reach at least 100 pages..After all, the bus thread has reached 28 pages.. Keep it lit lads.

moysider

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 21, 2015, 12:06:09 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 20, 2015, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 20, 2015, 11:02:28 PM
And here was me thinking the Rossies used lose the run of themselves but it seems to have spread into Mayo as well, ye are putting far too much emphasis on yesterday's game,  do ye not realise how hopeless Sligo were, 4 or 5 of that team got a serious tanking at under 21 this year including the full back and both midfielders,  ye are in for a serious shock when ye meet a decent team and it will be another year gone in yere quest for Sam.

No we re not we just enjoyed a game of football. You haven t a clue what emphasis I, for one, put on that game anyway. Yesterday's game and how we see it has no bearing on what happens next anyway. That should be obvious to anybody.

Anyway seeing ye all know how useless Sligo are I m sure ye took advantage of the occasion to make some easy money from the bookies. Easy money for everybody that saw that coming. How much did you make Flag?

Clearly you are putting a lot of emphasis on it when you keep referring back to what Mayo would have done to Roscommon yesterday. Its ridiculous and impossible to try to compare how another team would have performed yesterday.

A > B. C > A. Therefore C>B.

Syferus

Financially we're in way better shape than a few years ago. With the Hyde development coming up it mightn't stay that way.

moysider

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 20, 2015, 11:50:56 PM
Ros county board are in financial difficulties and struggling to make ends meet, there is no money in the coffers to pay a top management team unless a benefactor comes on board, we have no major sponsor,
club rossie on the jersey, if Evans goes the manager will have to come from within the county, its time for rossie fans to get real here, Mayo have spent in the region of 3 million euro on the senior team alone in the past 4 seasons, we are not in a position to compete with that and anything that is done will have to be done on a shoestring, those are the facts of life for Roscommon football. To all the rhubarbs sticking their nose in I say " 5 in a row and nothing to show", what will be yere excuses this year ref-venue-bad luck or maybe the real truth "just not good enough"

Good enough yeah. The bit in bold are reasons we failed - not excuses. There is a difference.
Of course if we had a management that sold out and played ultra defensively we might not be having this discussion. If we did that it would reduce the risks with bent refs and venues that favour likes of Kerry and Dublin. Bad luck yeah - hopefully O Connor and AOS wont collide again any time soon. What's your excuse?

giveballaghback

I have never made excuses on this or any other thread for Ros defeats, 31 counties will have only ifs at the end of September, it is the delusional supporters like Mayos that you have to either laugh at or feel sorry for, every county has a few of them but its rare to get a county full of them. Get out yere bag of excuses now and pick out a few, ye will need them shortly.

theyellowbus

Getting back back to the thread title I personally don't think that Evans should be asked back for one more year but from what I'm hearing its his decision as he has a good bit of support from the powers that be.So he will make that call.
If he was to go then your options are limited in terms of quality at a low cost.
Maybe Horan or Mcstay depending on €€€.Alan Mulholland maybe he had a good track record at underage.
Inside the county apart from Fergal their isn't really anyone else.Casey maybe but would be a huge risk.

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 21, 2015, 01:12:09 PM
Getting back back to the thread title I personally don't think that Evans should be asked back for one more year but from what I'm hearing its his decision as he has a good bit of support from the powers that be.So he will make that call.
If he was to go then your options are limited in terms of quality at a low cost.
Maybe Horan or Mcstay depending on €€€.Alan Mulholland maybe he had a good track record at underage.
Inside the county apart from Fergal their isn't really anyone else.Casey maybe but would be a huge risk.

Alan Mullholland!! We've plenty of managers of our own with good underage records if that's the height of our ambitions.

Evans is a better choice than that sort of manager. Casey, Dowd are good managers but Casey is probably too raw yet and Dowd has only had one year at U21 so far.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2015, 01:17:59 PM

Alan Mullholland!! We've plenty of managers of our own with good underage records if that's the height of our ambitions.

Evans is a better choice than that sort of manager. Casey, Dowd are good managers but Casey is probably too raw yet and Dowd has only had one year at U21 so far.

Really who then??
At least Mulholland won all irelands.He certainly would be down my list of prefernces but at least he has a decent CV.
The under age coaches at U21 and Minor level the last number of years(bar FOD) have been only average and possibly we would have won a few more all Irelands if we had men in charge who knew how to win something and not just promoting people from development squads.
I wouldn't let some of our past Minor and U21 managers within an asses roar of the senior job.

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 21, 2015, 02:21:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2015, 01:17:59 PM

Really who then??
At least Mulholland won all irelands.He certainly would be down my list of prefernces but at least he has a decent CV.
The under age coaches at U21 and Minor level the last number of years(bar FOD) have been only average and possibly we would have won a few more all Irelands if we had men in charge who knew how to win something and not just promoting people from development squads.
I wouldn't let some of our past Minor and U21 managers within an asses roar of the senior job.

I'd rate him doing a poor job with the Galway seniors more than I would winning an underage AI.

His team was were regularly tactically inept, hardly who you'd want to fix a defence heading into D1. Galway's attempt at a blanket defence in last summer's Connacht final made our defence look like Donegal's in comparison.