Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

ardal

bite, bite, bite.

UTD seem to sell world class players for incredible amounts who then enter a world of oblivian. Although I hate UTD and Fergusan, he seems to be always selling players "we can't do without" and then "does without them"

TacadoirArdMhacha

What do people make of Valencia? Haven't seen a lot of him to be honest. Obviously he's no Ronaldo but is he in the bracket of say a Park or does he have more ability? (Not undermining Park but he is limited at the highest level) Have to say I'm a wee bit underwhelmed by the possibility.

Hopefully Tevez will start and given Hargreaves won't play before Christmas, we need someone in the centre of midfield. £80 may not stretch as far as you'd think and that'a ssuming Fergie gets to spend the money rather than it being used to fund the Yank's debt.

Has Fabregas made noises about wanting to leave Arsenal? Would be brilliant to get him.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gawa316

Quote from: ardal on June 13, 2009, 09:03:59 PM
bite, bite, bite.

UTD seem to sell world class players for incredible amounts who then enter a world of oblivian. Although I hate UTD and Fergusan, he seems to be always selling players "we can't do without" and then "does without them"

True thats why I can't decide how to feel about this transfer. Ronaldo wins or did wn utd so many points even when he was playing shite because he has the ability to score out of nothing.

I'm going to hold judgement until i see who whiskey bake signs and how they settle in

Minder

In my learned opinion United play at too high a tempo for Fibreglass to fit in.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: gawa316 on June 13, 2009, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: ardal on June 13, 2009, 09:03:59 PM
bite, bite, bite.

True thats why I can't decide how to feel about this transfer. Ronaldo wins or did wn utd so many points even when he was playing shite because he has the ability to score out of nothing.

I'm going to hold judgement until i see who whiskey bake signs and how they settle in

I'd be fairly worried that its more than likely that United will drop more points against the teams in the bottom half of the table than they have over the past 3 years. That said, I'd be very hopeful that they'll take more than 5 points off the other teams in the top 4 next season.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gawa316

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 13, 2009, 09:19:37 PM

I'd be fairly worried that its more than likely that United will drop more points against the teams in the bottom half of the table than they have over the past 3 years. That said, I'd be very hopeful that they'll take more than 5 points off the other teams in the top 4 next season.

Yeah I'd definitely say that will be the case. Utd got 58 points out of 60 against the bottom which is unbelieveable

ludermor

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 07, 2008, 04:25:59 PM
Manchester United are being linked with a triple move on the Americas with Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia and Marcelo Moreno all said to be interesting Sir Alex Ferguson.

Wigan duo Valencia and Palacios are attracting interest throughout England and Europe after a string of top-class performances for The Latics which has seen Steve Bruce's side seal their Premier League status.

23-year-old midfielder Palacios has shone since moving to Wigan in 2008. He spent the previous six months on loan at Birmingham where Steve Bruce had him recommended by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

Once Bruce moved to Wigan he snapped up Palacios - but his form is now attracting big attention, likewise with team-mate Valencia.

The Ecuadorian winger spent two-years on loan at The JJB before his deal was made permanent last summer. Now Valencia seems set for a big-money move after his agent confirmed he was ready to leave, with United and Liverpool amongst others linked.

At the time i thought it was bullshit but Wigan made some profit on them two lads. They must have a serious scouting network and could have stuck gold again this year if Zaki didnt blow up half way through

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ludermor on June 13, 2009, 09:24:14 PM
Manchester United are being linked with a triple move on the Americas with Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia and Marcelo Moreno all said to be interesting Sir Alex Ferguson.

Wigan duo Valencia and Palacios are attracting interest throughout England and Europe after a string of top-class performances for The Latics which has seen Steve Bruce's side seal their Premier League status.

23-year-old midfielder Palacios has shone since moving to Wigan in 2008. He spent the previous six months on loan at Birmingham where Steve Bruce had him recommended by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

Once Bruce moved to Wigan he snapped up Palacios - but his form is now attracting big attention, likewise with team-mate Valencia.

The Ecuadorian winger spent two-years on loan at The JJB before his deal was made permanent last summer. Now Valencia seems set for a big-money move after his agent confirmed he was ready to leave, with United and Liverpool amongst others linked.

At the time i thought it was bullshit but Wigan made some profit on them two lads. They must have a serious scouting network and could have stuck gold again this year if Zaki didnt blow up half way through

Wigan don't own Zaki though, or do they? Still a great find pre the implosion.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

DennistheMenace

His injury didn't help matters either.

No Wigan don't own the rights to Zaki and pretty certain said his attitude stank and they won't be signing him. Whether this changes or not now that Bruce is gone I'd doubt it.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

Fabregas is a good player, but he's not going to win you the ball back. I think he's very slow also.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 13, 2009, 01:42:54 PM
Quote from: new devil on June 12, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
How can anyone say that its good business to sell ronaldo? I dont care if they got 800million for him!! who are we going to buy to replace him?
Bottom line is if we didnt have him the last 3 years we would of won nothing...sick at the thought of him leaving

You wouldn't sell him for 800mill  :D

I kinda know how new devil feels. But it'll all come down to how the money is spent. If I was a United fan I'd be a bit down at the moment.

What's the highest bid a Liverpool fan would turn down for Torres? For Gerrard?

If I was Ferguson I'd be chancing my arm getting in contact with Barca to make a big money bid for Xavi or Iniesta. Helping Barca fund a bid for Fabregas and Villa/Ibrahimovic.

ludermor

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 13, 2009, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: ludermor on June 13, 2009, 09:24:14 PM

Wigan don't own Zaki though, or do they? Still a great find pre the implosion.

Aye i know they only had him on loan but i thought they had an option to buy. He looked the real deal before going off the rails, a bit like Susan Boyle