Is the Gaa dying on the GaaBoard?

Started by muppet, June 16, 2009, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why are there more posts on the Cricket thread than on combination of the Munster Final + Derry v Tyrone threads?

Early season apathy, it'll pick up later
26 (40.6%)
Poor quality of gaelic games this year
11 (17.2%)
Cricket is the future
27 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Hardy

The back door is ruining the GAA board.

Farrandeelin

Leave out the board in your sentence hardy and I'll agree with you on that one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 16, 2009, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 16, 2009, 07:58:04 PM
I think there is a bit of over reaction going on here, but the one thing that does surprise me is the lack of interest many posters have in game snot involving their own county. Some lads will give an opinion on many of the big games, especially post match but a lot of others don't seem to have any interest at all, which I find strange.
Just because people don't give their opinion on games doesnt mean they're not interested zulu. 

Fair enough but this is a discussion board, if people keep their opinions to themselves it doesn't make for great discussions.

seafoid

A question as perennial as Posh spice and her cellulite. It must be June.

I think a lot of the posters are finding it hard to get credit from the ACC . The other thing is the championship is a bit anglo Irish bank in the weeks before the quarter finals , a bit of a zombie. Most of the players couldn't care less about winning or losing , a bit like AIB management there last year.  They know they will be bailed out by the back door.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2009, 09:27:58 PM
A question as perennial as Posh spice and her cellulite. It must be June.

I think a lot of the posters are finding it hard to get credit from the ACC . The other thing is the championship is a bit anglo Irish bank in the weeks before the quarter finals , a bit of a zombie. Most of the players couldn't care less about winning or losing , a bit like AIB management there last year.  They know they will be bailed out by the back door.

Welcome bank Seafoid.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

You should be thankful you have the chance to post or not post, i dont have access to the board at work anymore  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Minder on June 16, 2009, 09:50:47 PM
You should be thankful you have the chance to post or not post, i dont have access to the board at work anymore  :'(
Neither do i.  Head office data centre team now manage internet access so it's blocked under 'web chat'
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Stalin

Too many women using shite text speak and talking about shite and getting stalked by ziggy, clutters up the whole thing
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ONeill

The non-gaa section can be ignored if it bothers people. I would probably only open 3-4 threads in that section as you can usually tell by the originator that it's simply a back-slapping, aren't we great slabbering session. Although it's true that it does attract the moths who just want to use it as a tete-a-tete juvenile flirting chatroom, they generally don't invade the gaa section too often.

I actually think the gaa section is healthy right now. You have to go well into the second page to access threads that have been added to today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 16, 2009, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 16, 2009, 09:50:47 PM
Neither do i.  Head office data centre team now manage internet access so it's blocked under 'web chat'

Bastardos!

Well, as long as soccer sites are banned too, its probably all the the best.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lecale2

It's away to the dogs. Not the same craic. Shut her down.

Buy Gaelic Life on a Friday instead.

ONeill

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 16, 2009, 11:19:34 PM
It's away to the dogs. Not the same craic. Shut her down.

Buy Gaelic Life on a Friday instead.

Yes, Lecale1 was better craic. What happened to him anyways?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2009, 11:26:10 PM

Yes, Lecale1 was better craic. What happened to him anyways?

One of the times we changed boards I had to move up a numeral. He was better craic but I'm getting Old!

muppet

17 poster think Cricket is the Future.

Pat Spillane for silly point?
MWWSI 2017

longball

GAA is dying a death on the board. I tried to start a debate on Tyrone club website re best players outside of the county panel got two replies.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0