Confederations Cup 2009

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 14, 2009, 11:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2009, 01:10:24 PM
Of course but a player is more than likely to pick up an injury at the end of a long season, why do you think Torres and Fabregas were nowhere near their best the season gone by, hardly anything to do with Euro2008 now was it?, they did not have a proper recovery period and a proper per-season, their form suffered and they picked up injuries easier. These tournaments are of no benefit to the players, just an excuse for FIFA to make money.

To be fiar, Torres was at his best, he just picked up a lot of injuries. Whether that was anything to do with Euro 2008 is debateable.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhether that was anything to do with Euro 2008 is debateable.

Far from debatable, it was a factor but at least he has a Euro2008 medal, somehow I doubt if these guys cherish confederations medal.

QuoteWithout doubt FIFA will make money but its mainly dry run for next year and they will monitor SA and how they run it.

Very naive comment, it's about making money, do you think FIFA would pull the WC tournament, SA have hosted rugby world cups, cricket world cups, what did they they do prior to 92?

Seriously less is more.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossie11

QuoteWithout doubt FIFA will make money but its mainly dry run for next year and they will monitor SA and how they run it.

Very naive comment, it's about making money, do you think FIFA would pull the WC tournament, SA have hosted rugby world cups, cricket world cups, what did they they do prior to 92?

They are not going to pull it regardless but if shit were to happen let it happen here and not next summer with over a billion people watching.
The bad PR and loss of money in that far out weighs what they will earn on this one.
So in a way your correct it is about making cash but not this year

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Another great goal,great move finished off by Torres 2-0 Spain
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Hat Trick from Torres  ;D...great header 3-0 Spain
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Torres hatrick!!!

Right Del Bosque get him off

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Feck this is getting embarrassing

The Real Laoislad

Kenny Cunningham is hard to listen too on RTE
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Finn Harps could beat that New Zealand team.

muppet

I think enough soccer has been played. They should wind it up like Cheers or Glenroe.

They could just show us re-runs and not bother paying the ungrateful pretentious louts any more. They'd save themselves a fortune.

I could watch 1980s Brazilian league football for a few years.

They could then show us old Copa America every summer.

MWWSI 2017

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 14, 2009, 07:56:53 PM
Kenny Cunningham is hard to listen too on RTE

So are those feckin horns

Rossie11

Backed Spain to win both halves. Better not take foot off the gas.

Stalin

Torres putting himself in the shop window here
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic