The Greatest Point

Started by ONeill, June 06, 2009, 11:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Muppet I remember watching a clip of a last second basketball 3 pointer where the guy hurled the ball from his own (box) and she swished the net to win the game. These things are worth a go and the better confident players who practised their lives for that moment actually make them from time to time.  Maurice's Point showed that amongst the great place kickers crossing sporting disiplines he was as good as anyone in the world at their given sport.  But gooches and Doohers showed what Gaelic football is all about.  The last team to win an all ireland with nothing up front but a place kicker was Derry as far back as 1993.  I think we are comparing 2 different type of point whether O neill likes it or not.   

muppet

MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rrhf on June 13, 2009, 11:33:34 AM
Come on, where did I say that in my observation Muppet, undoubtedly its a snapshop and possibly out of context.  Ill ask you your opinion if you wish, and Ill reserve mine if thats ok. 

You mightn't have stated what muppett said rrhf but  you definatley insinuated it . 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Carmen Stateside

rrhf

No I simply noted what he actually did - I didnt criticise and qualified that by saying the context might offer an expalnation.  Keiran Mc donald this afternoon sir is not in the dock, unless you mayo bies want to put him in there.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rrhf on June 13, 2009, 02:41:07 PM
No I simply noted what he actually did - I didnt criticise and qualified that by saying the context might offer an expalnation.  Keiran Mc donald this afternoon sir is not in the dock, unless you mayo bies want to put him in there.

fair enough  :)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laceer

Why isn't this thread just called 'Great Points'

There's some f**king clinkers of scores

stew

Quote from: rrhf on June 13, 2009, 02:41:07 PM

you have the ability to suck the air right out of the room rrhf.

What the feck has mcdonalds actions got to do with the greatest points ever scored and do you really think bringing that sore subject up would not bring people into the mix that had the intellect to see things form a different perspective?

You put mcdonald in the dock by slabbering about something you didnt take the time to understand, the mayo men didnt do that, you did.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 13, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
1 min 30sec  Mc Geeney gives the Aussie a nice rib tickler, f**k me  :D

Cracker, I felt it from here!

The man fairly put it up to them physically.

Stalin

Every point scored by Canavan, ever, whether it be in his back yard from 3yards out or in Croke 60yards out, was the greatest score ever. All others are on a level below.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

muppet

Quote from: Stalin on June 14, 2009, 06:39:38 PM
Every point scored by Canavan, ever, whether it be in his back yard from 3yards out or in Croke 60yards out, was the greatest score ever. All others are on a level below.

Great point.
MWWSI 2017

Stalin

I see what you did there.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corcaioch

A different angle on CiarĂ¡n McDonald's winning score against Dublin :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTDurZCKI8

rrhf

Stew - Mind yer own business.