Plannning permission and farming

Started by joebloggs, November 02, 2010, 08:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Im thinking about getting set up as a farm to get planning permission for a site in the north. What sort of evidence do I need to give for one of these applications.

Banana Man

good luck with that

You need a herd number, you want to see the hoops you have to jump through to get that, you then have to be active for 6 years as a business, i.e. you won't be able to apply for 6 years after you get the herd number, the first question the planners will ask is do you receive any grant funding i.e. single farm payment, i stand to be corrected but I don't think the system allows for any new applicants.

Then if you scrape through this you need to site the house close to outbuildings and when i say close i mean on top of the byre ffs.

PPS 21 is a joke and all parties tried to package it up as a great result, it's very very tough

Hereiam

B.MAN is nearly correct.
You need to have a farm business ID number
This ID number must be active for 6 years or more
S.F.P is not an issue the planners will ask DARD to show that there has been animal movements on/off this farm for the last 6 yrs
The final approved PPS21 does allow some flexibility where the house is to be located on the farm holding but this is a farce and very few will get there site.
The one thing that alot of farmers don't realise is that this 6 year rule is not limited to dwellings but all farm buildings. If you want to put up a decent cattle house ur in trouble. This PPS should never have been allowed but it shows what good our politicans are

Banana Man

sorry i meant business ID number after herd number Hereiam

yeah it definitley wasn't the best deal available

joebloggs

Thanks for the replies. I contacted a few planning companies today and they are telling me that all I need is the number

el_cuervo_fc

If you have proof of active farming  for at least six years then you don't even need the business ID number.  There was a precedent set by the Planning Appeals Comission at the start of september to this effect

Hereiam

Quote from: joebloggs on November 02, 2010, 02:11:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. I contacted a few planning companies today and they are telling me that all I need is the number

They are wrong!!!!

el_cuervo_fc

You definitely need to have an active farm for at least 6 years. If that was the case we'd all be at it.