Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:05:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 01:52:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2020, 01:29:03 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 01:14:19 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 16, 2020, 11:43:15 AM
I presume it is safer to go with Travel Agents now. Or are they even any use when it comes to extra cover?
I've a stag in Wales in May which is a no already
Wedding in Cyprus in August too, but sitting tight on booking anything.

Jesus, August is six months away! You'd like to think we'd be over the hill

Explain what will be different in August then now?

We should be on the other side of the curve by then no?

What do you mean by this? That half the population will have got it and 50-100,000 Irish people will have died?

Are you working for the WHO? Nobody has an idea on this, 6 months will be middle of August I'm assuming at some point it will have got to a turning point. Locked down for 18 months till vaccinations are made?

There's not a country in the world that could afford to shutdown/lockdown for 18 months or a population that would accept it.

I imagine nations will stay on lockdown until cases flatten out to a level hospitals can deal with on a daily basis. China is coming back up to normal levels now so its not unreasonable to expect Ireland to be approaching normal come August

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on April 05, 2020, 07:34:29 PM
Looking like I'm gonna rebook my cycling trip with Jet2 for a future date & different destination, just wondering about the travel insurance I had booked - lost money or would they move it to the new holiday??

Benny was just discussing that this morning with the wife, we'd booked to go cycling (not the wife) in or around Altea/Calp for middle of May. The lads were talking about booking for mid October so we just need everyone to agree a date and we'll run with that, just hoping (and you'd like to think) it'll be well settled by then.
Where had you planned on going and when? Only just back out on the bike from my injury and it's not going great...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

We were due to go to Majorca for the 312, it's rescheduled for October but think we're giving it a bye ball altogether, just gonna head back to Tenerife/GC in January by the looks of it. Can highly recommend Tenerife as a cycling destination, plus great nightlife about it in Americas/Cristianos.

Anybody any idea about the Travel Insurance?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bennydorano on April 06, 2020, 09:48:44 AM
We were due to go to Majorca for the 312, it's rescheduled for October but think we're giving it a bye ball altogether, just gonna head back to Tenerife/GC in January by the looks of it. Can highly recommend Tenerife as a cycling destination, plus great nightlife about it in Americas/Cristianos.

Anybody any idea about the Travel Insurance?

You should be able to transfer travel insurance no problem - much like getting your insurance transferred when you get a courtesy car or that. Although, like anything insurance wise - your safer getting in touch with them because there could be an admin fee involved (of course) and making sure you have an electronic record of them saying it's fine.

tbrick18

We've cntreparcs Longford booked for July.
Currently parks are officially closed until the end of april. The balance of my holiday is due by the end of April.
I'm in a catch 22, if I cancel after that date I lose a large percentage of my money. If government close is I think I get me money back.
If I cancel now, I lose my deposit. If I rebook for a later date, I fear I'm just kicking the can down the road.
Not sure what to do.

With talk of a second wave in October(ish), I can't see anything opening up this year. Possibly lockdown for the rest of the year. This is a long term issue and we won't be back to normal in 3-6 months.

Tony Baloney

I can't Centerparcs opening in July. We are in a similar issue where we are having to pay monthly for a school trip to NY in Dec knowing full well that it will be scrapped. If we pull out now we lose what has been paid to date. Hopefully it'll be rearranged for the spring rather than scrapped.

nrico2006

I am meant to be going to Ibiza in June, so what actually are my options.  Say for arguments sake that lockdowns or flightbans are extended and cover when I should be away, will Travel Republic (Hotel) or Easyjet (flights) give me my money back?  Or do I just go through Travel Insurance?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Insurance isn't worth shit as it's been classed as an act of god. You need Easyjet to cancel or you lose out (or go on the holiday). I'm in the same boat for July, wife has already said we aint going whatever happens with ££ side of it.

Smurfy123

Well lads any updates around holidays?
I see France will not open pubs or cafes etc until at least the middle of July
That doesn't sound good for anyone going on holidays

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 13, 2020, 10:50:22 PM
Well lads any updates around holidays?
I see France will not open pubs or cafes etc until at least the middle of July
That doesn't sound good for anyone going on holidays
Saw the Italian Deputy Health Minister on the news earlier and she said she can't see bars, cafes etc. opening until there is a vaccine.

Milltown Row2

Russia might your only bet ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

We have a cruise booked for September which we aren't going on even if they are back allowing them at that stage, which I doubt. It has a couple stops in Italy.

Just holding off now hoping for a refund I've paid just over a grand for it so far. Not paying anything else now of course.

Already seen a few places down south's prices going up. Girl I work with is raging she said all year they weren't going abroad this year they were just gonna do a tour of a few places down south for 10 days or so. Now everyone's thinking the same and the prices are soaring.

ardtole

I wouldn't go booking anything in the south for the summer at this moment in time. According to the health minister yesterday, there is no sign of the restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

I would imagine garden centres, building sites will be opened up gradually but the pubs, restaurants and hospitality sector in general could be closed all summer.

Reading between the lines, the Gaa season is as good as scrapped.

Boycey

I don't know the logistics for opening them other than it'd be very difficult but if pubs, restaurants and the hospitality sector in general are closed for the summer there mightn't be many left to open....

ardtole

Unfortunately there will be a lot of casualties in that sector,  I dont know what the solution is, but judging by the news yesterday evening, there is long way to go for the catering/pub/tourism industry, in particular.