Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Started by toby47, March 14, 2019, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

David McKeown

I went to college in Texas.  After three months there I did my first exam in one of my classes.  When I got the paper marked the professor had written on it that I did really well considering the obvious language barrier.  Three months talking in the class and he thought I didn't speak English.  So its not that uncommon
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jell 0 Biafra

All non-Americans at the New Orleans university, Tulane had to take a non-credit English class (including not just Irish, but Canadians and Englanders).  So yeah, not uncommon.  My teacher told me I had done almost as well as a native speaker on the initial exam.

dec

Messi makes his debut for Inter Miami and scores the winning goal from a free kick in the 93rd minute

https://youtu.be/7VGO2qmaNAw

toby47

I think the past year has probably settled this debate in Messi's favour.

A world Cup and 8 Ballon d'Ors.

lurganblue

I see a few posts on social media saying that he didnt deserve this one. Maybe if the WC was in the summer they'd remember it better.

That is the end of the Messi and Ronaldo domination of the Ballon d'Ors.  It's wide open for the next few years.

Milltown Row2

English girls complaining they couldn't go as they were preparing for a match... Jesus!! It's a fixed to insure that most people can attend, not everyone!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

statto

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2023, 10:58:32 AMEnglish girls complaining they couldn't go as they were preparing for a match... Jesus!! It's a fixed to insure that most people can attend, not everyone!
Aye they would have been missed at it too. The English media have filled them full of shite and their own self importance after a couple of decent tournaments.

gawa316

You would think Haaland, Mbappe, and possibly Bellingham will win a few of them over the next 5 or so years

Armagh18

Quote from: gawa316 on October 31, 2023, 04:44:33 PMYou would think Haaland, Mbappe, and possibly Bellingham will win a few of them over the next 5 or so years
Haaland and Bellingham looking good for them for the next few years, Mbappe would need to go to a proper club

tyssam5

Quote from: toby47 on October 31, 2023, 09:05:07 AMI think the past year has probably settled this debate in Messi's favour.

A world Cup and 8 Ballon d'Ors.

Massive in the Leagues cup too.... probably clinched it for him :)

Wildweasel74

I wouldn't put great heed on D'ors, didn't deserve two of them, couldn't make the French league team of the year, 2022/23. We basing it on scoring alot in the USA or scoring 1 goal from play in the world cup.

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 04, 2023, 08:03:40 PMI wouldn't put great heed on D'ors, didn't deserve two of them, couldn't make the French league team of the year, 2022/23. We basing it on scoring alot in the USA or scoring 1 goal from play in the world cup.

Or you know, being the best player in the World Cup by a country mile.

gallsman

And for what it's worth, he scored 3 from play in the World Cup, not 1.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 04, 2023, 08:03:40 PMI wouldn't put great heed on D'ors, didn't deserve two of them, couldn't make the French league team of the year, 2022/23. We basing it on scoring alot in the USA or scoring 1 goal from play in the world cup.
Didn't deserve 2010,(Sneijder) 2019 (Van Dijk) or 2021 (Lewandowski) for me. This one very debatable Haaland obviously far better overall but Messi did have a good world cup. At the end of the day its a load of boys voting for their mates half them wouldn't have a clue about football.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'