Previous topic - Next topic

Should I pay the €80 fixed penalty

Yes
51 (62.2%)
No
31 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 82

THE MIGHTY QUINN

As many of you know I was done for speeding just close to the outskirts of Castlefin in Co Donegal. The fixed penalty notice arrived today on my birthday. I was going to pay it without question but thanks to the helpful comments of Tankie and GNevin I'm now not so sure as to whether I should pay or not. The results of this poll will determine the outcome

pintsofguinness

I wouldn't bother. I never pay any of them things, you'll be grand. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Glad too know your so  easily swayed , the next time the DUP call around don't answer the door you might end up voting for bring back the RUC
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Sky Blue

Pay no heed to them Mr Quinn. They're just WUM. Pay the fecking thing and don't skick the children in the caravan when yo're travelling so fast in future. Just for safety like. Things can fall out of cupboards and all over 50 KPH.

J70

Yes, I'm sick of bloody northerners on the Donegal roads, either crawling along looking at the views, speeding like lunatics or taking up all of the parking spaces in Donegal Town! >:(

THE MIGHTY QUINN

To be honest I'd rather french kiss a skunk than visit your Godforsaken County but unfortunately my friend has bought a house up there and I'm dragged up every so often more out of a sense of duty than anything else. I've yet to see the top of Mt Errigal for cloud and rain

tyrone exile

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2007, 09:42:56 PM
Yes, I'm sick of bloody northerners on the Donegal roads, either crawling along looking at the views, speeding like lunatics or taking up all of the parking spaces in Donegal Town! >:(

is that man serious? southerners are the worst drivers ever! bloody lunatics!

Silky

You sound like a solid citizen Mighty Quinn. Pay the fine.

You'll have a quilty consence if you don't. I was in County Down a while back - what part of that county are you from?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

stew

Quote from: tyrone exile on November 12, 2007, 09:49:31 PM

is that man serious? southerners are the worst drivers ever! bloody lunatics!

Thats because half of them never bothered to learn to drive properly, they didnt have to do a test the south was backed up with applicants and decided to hand licenses out like they were candy.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tankie

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 12, 2007, 09:30:15 PM
As many of you know I was done for speeding just close to the outskirts of Castlefin in Co Donegal. The fixed penalty notice arrived today on my birthday. I was going to pay it without question but thanks to the helpful comments of Tankie and GNevin I'm now not so sure as to whether I should pay or not. The results of this poll will determine the outcome

Great to see the partitionist attitude is alive and well among the Jackeens Nordies. Will you be producing your British passport the next time a Garda (Irish Police) stop you for speeding and ask you for id?

As i said before it must be great to be able to choose when to be Irish ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

ziggysego

You can't anymore north than Donegal J70 ;)
Testing Accessibility

Silky

Well I was in Portadown for a NHL game. Great set up and lovely people. Going over in the boat made it that bit different. its alway a bit surprising to find real hurling folk in strange places like that. They know there stuff up there make no mistake about it.
I'll maybe go back again if youse are in Div 1 again.

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on November 12, 2007, 09:55:29 PM

You can't anymore north than Donegal J70 ;)

Being a southerner is more a state of mind than a latitudinal issue. :P

And sure where would we in Donegal be without all the northerners to fleece every summer. ;)

Shamrock Shore

Mighty Quinn

Pay the f**king fine and buy me that pint you owe me.

And - oh - Happy Birthday. I hope the 'Rules of the Road - Dine Site' edition, bought by Mrs Mighty Quinn, comes into good use.