Ashers cake controversy.

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Who wears the ring? One of them or two of them?

If it's both, Jewellers must be raking it in!!

Samforever

Quote from: BennyCake on May 08, 2017, 07:31:24 PM
Who wears the ring? One of them or two of them?

If it's both, Jewellers must be raking it in!!
FFS don't mention their rings

TabClear

Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2017, 06:49:26 PM
They might be needing the profits....again

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/ashers-refuses-to-make-gay-engagement-cake-35669084.html

Without opening the whole debate around the original case this woman who lives in London,  who wanted a cake delivered in London, ordered said cake from Northern Ireland from a company who she knew was likely to,at best, fulfil the order reluctantly. And then finds she can get said cake easily in London. .....and then has her outraged and surprised statement ready.  Bint just trying to create a confrontation and generate publicity. If I was being cynical I would say the slightly unusual message on the cake was deliberately provocative....A moron of the highest order

BennyCake

Quote from: TabClear on May 08, 2017, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2017, 06:49:26 PM
They might be needing the profits....again

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/ashers-refuses-to-make-gay-engagement-cake-35669084.html

Without opening the whole debate around the original case this woman who lives in London,  who wanted a cake delivered in London, ordered said cake from Northern Ireland from a company who she knew was likely to,at best, fulfil the order reluctantly. And then finds she can get said cake easily in London. .....and then has her outraged and surprised statement ready.  Bint just trying to create a confrontation and generate publicity. If I was being cynical I would say the slightly unusual message on the cake was deliberately provocative....A moron of the highest order

Agreed.

The last cake was the same.

whitey

So following the logic of the original lawsuit, an Orange Band Hall (with strong links to paramilitaries) could sue a Catholic bakery and make bake them a cake to celebrating some provocative and offensive event.....people need to grow the fvck up

nrico2006

The whole Ashers thing is a joke.  This latest example is nothing but some sad doll trying to start more bother.  Surely though Ashers can't get in trouble as the message that the woman wanted was in relation to the supporting of an illegal activity.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: whitey on May 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
So following the logic of the original lawsuit, an Orange Band Hall (with strong links to paramilitaries) could sue a Catholic bakery and make bake them a cake to celebrating some provocative and offensive event.....people need to grow the fvck up

Or a black lad wants a white supremacists bakery to make a birthday cake for his young fella, surely they've the right to refuse!!!!!   :o

FFS if you're a bakery, just bake the fuckin cake.

Is there such a thing as a christian/catholic/atheist bakery?

And yes these one are looking to stir the shite, so say you'll make the cake, but charge them the sun and the stars to do so.

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on May 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM

So a gay message on a cake is akin to a message promoting paramilitary activity??

I'm pretty sure it's not but the fact you would equate the two speaks volumes!

BennyCake

The original had "support gay marriage" on it. Who wants that on a cake unless they're trying to stir the shit? It should've been thrown out of court for that.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2017, 09:21:16 AM
The original had "support gay marriage" on it. Who wants that on a cake unless they're trying to stir the shit? It should've been thrown out of court for that.

Doesn't matter if they're trying to stir the shit or not it's still against the law!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2017, 10:04:45 AM

Doesn't matter if they're trying to stir the shit or not it's still against the law!

Is it against the law to 'not promote' something that is illegal though?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2017, 10:04:45 AM

So Stephen Fry could have what he said (if found guilty of blasphemy) put on a cake too then?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I'm still waiting on the good Christian McArthur folk to challenge the Court of Appeal decision....oh well, it gave Daniel the opportunity to preach his message of the Lord to us all. Praise be to Jaysus.

Hallelujah.. The profound Daniel will have his day out in London at The Supreme Court. Pencilled in for two days in October 2017. I hope there's no evil 'Pride' marches going on in that capital of Sodomy then. Think of the children!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 09, 2017, 09:36:53 PM
I'm still waiting on the good Christian McArthur folk to challenge the Court of Appeal decision....oh well, it gave Daniel the opportunity to preach his message of the Lord to us all. Praise be to Jaysus.
When did you come back?!