If it was £500 and all over the media?

All of us I'd say

If it wasn't all over the media?

Why do you ask questions like this?

'What if he wasn't an activist?'

What if you didn't read this post?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Bought a four pack of fruit scones made by Ashers in Tesco today,as I do frequently.

The gay supremacists are now on a par with fleg protestors and Orange Order for vindictiveness and belligerence >:(

eddie d

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2015, 10:51:25 PM
Quote from: eddie d on May 21, 2015, 10:42:05 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 21, 2015, 01:18:06 PM
If it was £500 and all over the media?

All of us I'd say

If it wasn't all over the media?

Why do you ask questions like this?

'What if he wasn't an activist?'

I asked this because if he had a been someone else from the gay community, who were refused, they might have said "f**k you" and left the shop. The fact that he is an activist, the attention gained from this case is helpful. I am not against gay marriage etc. but I still don't agree with the verdict, as it appears to have opened up can of worms for businesses, as there may well be some people putting this verdict to the test on certain businesses. Likewise if it was the other way about ( i.e. gay business owner asked to ice a cake with "heterosexual marriage only" on it) I would still disagree with the verdict. Yes a business has responsibility not to enforce their views on the customer but I believe a customer also has some responsibility and respect the views of the business. It's probably why we have never heard of a customer going into a shop on the Falls Road asking for a t-shirt with a Union Jack on it etc.       

What if you didn't read this post?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 22, 2015, 12:01:38 AM
Bought a four pack of fruit scones made by Ashers in Tesco today,as I do frequently.

The gay supremacists are now on a par with fleg protestors and Orange Order for vindictiveness and belligerence >:(

Did they make you go for the fruity ones?  ;D

Damn those gay supremacists are good!
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 22, 2015, 12:01:38 AM

That'll show them gays and gay sympathisers ;D

topcuppla

Quote from: ziggysego on May 21, 2015, 07:22:03 PM
I see there is a petition now to get Tesco's to ban Asher's Bakery products in their store. I fully supported the Gareth Lee and his case against the bakery over the "gay cake", but I think this is a load of nonsense is rubbing it in the McArthurs' faces. No call for it and to be honest, isn't this exactly what was happening to them in the first place?

Support what a gay right activist trying to humiliate a family in public because he went out of his way to be offended.

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 07:48:57 PM
I see there is a petition now to get Tesco's to ban Asher's Bakery products in their store. I fully supported the Gareth Lee and his case against the bakery over the "gay cake", but I think this is a load of nonsense is rubbing it in the McArthurs' faces. No call for it and to be honest, isn't this exactly what was happening to them in the first place?

Support what a gay right activist trying to humiliate a family in public because he went out of his way to be offended.

Jebus, the gay right!

Did you see that on Foxy News?
MWWSI 2017

topcuppla

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 07:52:37 PM

Jebus, the gay right!

Did you see that on Foxy News?

You are as funny as some of the other posters here making jokes at gays expense.

Maguire01

For the 100th time, the guy didn't go out of his way to be offended - he went to his regular bakery.

thebigfella

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2015, 08:13:19 PM

For the 100th time, the guy didn't go out of his way to be offended - he went to his regular bakery.

Did somebody not say they didn't bake the cakes but only decorated them? If so I'd be massively offended at them calling themselves a bakery.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Their defence is the good book told them not to do it. The Lord be with them.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on May 28, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32913283

Prayerful consideration!! I'm starting to think this is all about advertising/publicity and getting the 'Brand' Ashers out there... would like to know whether their profits have increased over this period

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: GJL on May 28, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32913283

Prayerful consideration!! I'm starting to think this is all about advertising/publicity and getting the 'Brand' Ashers out there... would like to know whether their profits have increased over this period

Analysis of their turnover / profits compared to media coverage over the past few months would make an interesting case study alright!!