Heartless thieves steal dog - £500 reward

Started by ziggysego, October 27, 2010, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

A broken hearted Aughnacloy, Co Tyrone woman has pleaded with thieves to return her beloved Chihuahua that has been her constant companion during a time of
sickness. She has also offered a reward of £500 for its safe return.   

Pearl's Lockhart's husband Alan was attacked with a sledgehammer during the raid after he discovered three burglars in his home on Castletown Road on Monday
afternoon. He suffered a cut eye and injuries to his arm. The heartless thieves stole money, jewellery and the family's pet dog. However, a clearly distraught
Mrs Lockhart said that she is not concerned about the valuables and only wants her Chihuahua, Bruce returned.

She said, "He was more than a dog. My heart is broken. I am devastated. I have cried so hard since Monday. Three years ago, my son bought him for me as a
pick-me-up when I was sick. Wherever I lay, he lay and wherever I went Bruce came with me. I don't care about the money or jewellery, I just want Bruce
back."

She added, "It was my son Stephen bought him for me as a wee comfort and anyone knows me always saw me with my little dog. I am appealing to the people who took
him, to please leave him somewhere we can collect him. If they could find it in their hearts to leave him with a priest or a minister or charity shop, we would
be so happy."

The stolen silver Audi used in the raid was found burned out near Newry on Tuesday. 

* I was asked by a friend of the family to post this here, so please be respectful in your replies
Testing Accessibility

thewobbler

I fear it might too late.

This photo was taken at Newry's Asian Community annual fun day yesterday.

Minder

That is ruff Ziggy, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

a few months ago laughing at the cat in the bin, last week crying about a kangaroo and this week laughing at this woman's plight. The world is ill divided. Hopefully she will get her dog back.

Gaaman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 27, 2010, 01:25:52 PM
a few months ago laughing at the cat in the bin, last week crying about a kangaroo and this week laughing at this woman's plight. The world is ill divided. Hopefully she will get her dog back.

Gerry Anderson on BBC Radio Ulster is a great man for getting people reunited with their lost pets. Drop him an e-mail Ziggy.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaaman on October 27, 2010, 01:28:17 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 27, 2010, 01:25:52 PM

Gerry Anderson on BBC Radio Ulster is a great man for getting people reunited with their lost pets. Drop him an e-mail Ziggy.

Thanks Gaaman.

There was a piece on BBC Newsline last night about it. So between that and the GAABoard, hopefully Bruce will be returned soon. :)
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

Aw ziggy- really c'mon.

Quoteplease be respectful

are you kidding?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

ludermor

There must be f**k all else happening if that makes the news.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ludermor on October 27, 2010, 02:06:36 PM
There must be f**k all else happening if that makes the news.

Aye, kangaroos are going to raves  :o

heganboy

Quote from: ziggysego on October 27, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
The heartless thieves stole money, jewellery and the family's small pet rat
fixed that for you
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

DirtyDozen12

There's only one man for this job, give him a call sometime

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

longrunsthefox

As a member of the dog family I find it incredible that all posters to the board were in such grief and outrage about a kangaroo but find this funny.  A kangaroo looks more like a giant rat than a wee dog does... 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: heganboy on October 27, 2010, 01:36:25 PM
Aw ziggy- really c'mon.

Quoteplease be respectful

are you kidding?
That's what I thought! After 18000 posts you'd know the score.