Leinster U-20 Football 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on June 05, 2018, 07:27:59 PM
Quote from: Laois fan on June 05, 2018, 10:31:39 AM
Article above says laois need to beat meath by 25 points,seems to me while still highly unlikely a 13 point winning margin would see them through

Surely we need just better Kildare's win by three points however unlikely that is.

What he means is if we beat Meath by 25 points we would win the group but to finish 2nd we would have to beat Meath by 3 points more than Kildare beat Wicklow
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison

Interesting change on the Laois U20 team to play Meath on Saturday. Jordan Fitzpatrick of Portarlington comes in at no. 11, while Peter Kealy moves to midfield. Fitzpatrick (though not 100% fit) looked good when he came on against Wicklow. I think this is a good move, though unlikely to be sufficient to beat Meath.

Would like to see Fitzpatrick and a few others (Kealy, Whelan, Bolger, Lowry, O'Flynn and Dunne) in the senior setup under John Sugrue next year (if not for the Super 8s this year!!!!).

The PRO

I think we might actually have a chance to beat Meath but not by the 13 points we need.

SCFC

Anyone in Navan?
Sounds like we gave it a good shot but with Kildare hammering Wicklow it didn't really matter.
Despite my reservations about him getting the job, fair play to Billy for taking it on. It seems he tried to make up for lost time getting the job so late by playing a huge number of challenge games. I believe he's there again next year and that's probably the sensible thing to do. Let him watch the local championships and see can he identify a few more possibles for next year.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on June 18, 2018, 09:06:41 AM
Anyone in Navan?
Sounds like we gave it a good shot but with Kildare hammering Wicklow it didn't really matter.
Despite my reservations about him getting the job, fair play to Billy for taking it on. It seems he tried to make up for lost time getting the job so late by playing a huge number of challenge games. I believe he's there again next year and that's probably the sensible thing to do. Let him watch the local championships and see can he identify a few more possibles for next year.
Agreed. Didn't make it to Navan, but Billy has done as much with the limited hand as anyone could expect. He got some criticism for the Kildare game perhaps, but those giving it failed to acknowledge the work put in to put themselves in that winning position. I'd like to see him kept on. I'd also like to see the GAA fix the cuntology they made of scheduling this competition.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on June 18, 2018, 09:26:56 AM
Quote from: SCFC on June 18, 2018, 09:06:41 AM
Anyone in Navan?
Agreed. Didn't make it to Navan, but Billy has done as much with the limited hand as anyone could expect. He got some criticism for the Kildare game perhaps, but those giving it failed to acknowledge the work put in to put themselves in that winning position. I'd like to see him kept on. I'd also like to see the GAA fix the cuntology they made of scheduling this competition.
Has to go back to March and April with AI series in May.

Unison

Did Billy O'Loughlin have a full hand to play from or were there lads who did not commit? I wonder how many of the lads who did commit look like credible future senior prospects?

SCFC

Quote from: Unison on June 18, 2018, 10:21:46 AM
Did Billy O'Loughlin have a full hand to play from or were there lads who did not commit? I wonder how many of the lads who did commit look like credible future senior prospects?
All of the lads that didn't commit were either doing the Leaving or opted for hurling (Comerford and Delaney).