The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2012, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 29, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
What a game. A pity there has to be a loser. Congratulations Djokovic.

such a shame to have a looser allright. I f he wins in france he will have all 4 titles
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tony Baloney

Fitness levels on display were unreal. Nadal was still doing shuttle runs right to the end. When Nadal broke in the last set Djokovic was on an 8 count so it was some effort to come back!

ziggy90

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2012, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2012, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 29, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
What a game. A pity there has to be a loser. Congratulations Djokovic.

such a shame to have a looser allright. I f he wins in france he will have all 4 titles

I don't usually watch tennis but this was sport at it's best. Btw is it just me or does Nadal remind anyone else of Jason McAteer?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

mouview

Magnificent final, perhaps second only to the Wimbledon final of 08. Djokovic looked out of it for the last set and a half but still found it within himself to keep going. Maybe the final turning point came when he called a Nadal serve out; it wasnt but it seemed to throw Nadal a little such that he lost the game and then the match. Have a preference for the Serb as I think he's just a little better all round, Nadal relies on power moreso. This is surely the golden age for men's tennis however.

Minder

Quote from: mouview on January 29, 2012, 03:05:24 PM
Magnificent final, perhaps second only to the Wimbledon final of 08. Djokovic looked out of it for the last set and a half but still found it within himself to keep going. Maybe the final turning point came when he called a Nadal serve out; it wasnt but it seemed to throw Nadal a little such that he lost the game and then the match. Have a preference for the Serb as I think he's just a little better all round, Nadal relies on power moreso. This is surely the golden age for men's tennis however.

The turning point was Nadal up 4-2 in the fifth set, up 30-15 on his own serve and missed a total gimme, ended up losing that service game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

I watched this all the way through. Brilliant match! 11 and a half hours of tennis for Nolle in the last 48 hours, some going.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

gallsman

Weird thing is the first three sets were shite and error-strewn but those final two were unreal. Nadal won't have been that sick since losing to Federer in the 2007 Wimbledon final.

I'm a massive Nadal fan and don't like Djokovic but he's the man and Rafa has to get back to the drawing board to figure out how to beat him.

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2012, 03:14:59 PM

The turning point was Nadal up 4-2 in the fifth set, up 30-15 on his own serve and missed a total gimme, ended up losing that service game.

Was that the backhand down the line? We were cursing it, had half the court to aim at.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2012, 03:41:36 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2012, 03:14:59 PM

Was that the backhand down the line? We were cursing it, had half the court to aim at.

Aye that was it.

Minder

Some nobody serving to put Nadal out now.

Minder

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2012, 10:03:50 PM
Nadal out
He should tell the autograph hunters to f**k off. The planets are aligning for Andy Murray...

gallsman

That Rosol guy was just incredible in the fifth. He hit absolutely everything going. Devastated as I'm a massive Nadal fan, but your man deserved it.

Hardy

It was one of those occasions when you realise you're watching something special. Yer man was just unbelievable. Every shot a winner. Nadal was at his best but couldn't live with him. It was probably a freak event, because Rosol is 25 and has clearly never played like this before, so it's unlikely he will ever play like it again. If he did he would blow the rankings apart. A great occasion, though.

Dinny Breen

€246K matched on Nadal at 1/100 when taking 1st set. Rosol hit 109/1
#newbridgeornowhere