Best film quotes

Started by Milltown Row2, October 22, 2011, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on October 23, 2011, 05:36:18 PM
The best quote in Young Guns doesn't even have any words, he just whistles what sounds like The Lonesome Boatman?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREed7TT5_s

Sounds no more like The Lonesome Boatman than my wind after a feed of eels.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

men in black

The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Veronica Corningstone: My God, what is that smell? Oh.
Brian Fantana: That's the smell of desire my lady.
Veronica Corningstone: God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.
Brian Fantana: You know, desire smells like that to some people.
News Station Employee: [Disgusted] What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.
News Station Employee: [Horrified] Smells like Bigfoot's dick!
Brian Fantana: [Tries to act casual and walk away] Woah, what's that smell?

Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
[opens cologne cabinet]
Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Brian Fantana: Yep.
Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
[cheesy grin]
Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.
Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.
[snarls]

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2011, 12:42:15 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 23, 2011, 12:19:59 AM
Let me tell you something, bandejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the f**king trigger 'til it goes "click".

Nobody f**ks with the Jesus

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

isourboydownyet

"Right turn clyde"

el_cuervo_fc

When the reverend Playfair comes down I want ye's all to cheer like protestants!

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 23, 2011, 09:12:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 23, 2011, 05:36:18 PM
The best quote in Young Guns doesn't even have any words, he just whistles what sounds like The Lonesome Boatman?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREed7TT5_s

Sounds no more like The Lonesome Boatman than my wind after a feed of eels.

Actually it sounds more like the Irish air that this song ripped off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3xSWYeST_c

How often do you eat eels and are they highly strung? Standard tuning or Double drop F?
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Dennis Hopper's "Sicilian Scene" speech with Christopher Walken in True Romance.............. absolutely brilliant.

The ending in Bad Santa when the kid gets his own back on the bullys.............. not  much by way of dialogue I know but a great scene anyway.

boojangles

Do you know what Nemesis means?
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a horrible ****. Me.

tbrick18

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 24, 2011, 03:28:46 PM
"Bring out the gimp"

there's loads in pulp fiction....

Royale with cheese

Who's motorbike is that?
That's not a motorbike it's a chopper
Who's chopper is that?
Zed's chopper
Who's Zed?
Zed's dead baby, zed's dead.

Everybody be cool, this is a robbery.
Every one of you f*ckin pigs freeze or I'll execute every mother-f*ckin last one of you.

tbrick18

I saw a film once called "Things to do in Denver when you're dead"....thought it was great at the time but there's a great line when a would-be assassin get's jumped by his intended phsyco victim...he's on top of him shouting...
"I am Godzilla, you are Japan"....lol.

Arthur_Friend

'Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy' (Outlaw Josey Wales)

NAG1

Recurring theme of Clint Eastwood films - Total Legend

isourboydownyet

jimmy two times "Im gonna get  the papers,get the papers"