Red/Green Deisel

Started by ck, April 10, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteMixing 'good diesel' (I.e clear tax paid)  with heating oil / kerosene (45p per litre) at 50/50 is quite common. Even though it's still clear I presume the nice people at HMRC would spot it

This is one thing if you decide to do it, but often it is the garage owner that does it and doesn't pass on the savings to you.

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 11, 2015, 04:39:04 PM
While the HMRC await the introduction of the new red dye that can't be removed they have cancelled all dipping.  You can drive on red or green until your heart is content! :)

The dye is now mere decoration, the new marker is invisible and as the thinking is that removing this would cost as much as the saving per litre.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-4-2015-introduction-of-a-new-rebated-fuel-marker-from-1-april-2015/revenue-and-customs-brief-4-2015-introduction-of-a-new-rebated-fuel-marker-from-1-april-2015
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Great moral guardians of the north. Is it ok to not pay taxes, fraudulently draw dole and work, put in eroneus false claims etc . I mean the suckers that pay all these will cover you. If I knew who ye were I'd dob you in bunch of skiving c***ts.

Line Ball

Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 02:49:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:51:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 01:04:47 PM
You are breaking the law and tax payers like me are paying for it. I hope you get caught and get the 5k fine you deserve.

Breaking the law, my arse.

Care to elaborate?

Man trying to get by. Save a few quid. So what if he drives on the red or green stuff. Do you really think if there was no illegal fuel about, that we'd be paying any less taxes in general?

And anyone that says that he hopes he is caught and fined, is no better than those who inform on their neighbours for having no tv license or working a few hours on the side.

That's well and good. Doesn't make it legal though. Why not just extend that as far as you can. If none of us paid our taxes, we'd be grand, wouldn't we?!

I wouldn't tout on anyone myself but I've no f**king sympathy for anyone who gets caught. You dodge tax in this fashion, those of us who don't end up subsidising you.

I take it you don't use that shed to fill up at beside the St Gall's pitch?

armaghniac

When Mayo win the All Ireland Red/Green diesel will be allowed for a month to celebrate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: Line Ball on April 11, 2015, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 02:49:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:51:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 01:04:47 PM
You are breaking the law and tax payers like me are paying for it. I hope you get caught and get the 5k fine you deserve.

Breaking the law, my arse.

Care to elaborate?

Man trying to get by. Save a few quid. So what if he drives on the red or green stuff. Do you really think if there was no illegal fuel about, that we'd be paying any less taxes in general?

And anyone that says that he hopes he is caught and fined, is no better than those who inform on their neighbours for having no tv license or working a few hours on the side.

That's well and good. Doesn't make it legal though. Why not just extend that as far as you can. If none of us paid our taxes, we'd be grand, wouldn't we?!

I wouldn't tout on anyone myself but I've no f**king sympathy for anyone who gets caught. You dodge tax in this fashion, those of us who don't end up subsidising you.

I take it you don't use that shed to fill up at beside the St Gall's pitch?

Given I haven't lived in Belfast for ten years, no I don't.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 09:57:59 PM
Great moral guardians of the north. Is it ok to not pay taxes, fraudulently draw dole and work, put in eroneus false claims etc . I mean the suckers that pay all these will cover you. If I knew who ye were I'd dob you in bunch of skiving c***ts.

Household charges and now water charges. Yes, because the government doesn't bleed people dry enough as it is, with their makey-uppey taxes.

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 10:35:38 PM

Household charges and now water charges. Yes, because the government doesn't bleed people dry enough as it is, with their makey-uppey taxes.

So you vote the government out. If everyone decides themselves what tax they pay it would be anarchy. What you are saying is pure stupid.

GJL

Putting the tax issues to the side, the safest diesel for your engine is red or green. Most clear diesel in this country is pure muck.

Hereiam

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: GJL on April 12, 2015, 01:03:18 PM
Putting the tax issues to the side, the safest diesel for your engine is red or green. Most clear diesel in this country is pure muck.

Your absolutely right, red & green diesel contain a higher lub oil content which makes it better for your cylinders,pump, & injectors, giving longer life.Clear diesel or derv is so refined its no better than glorified kero also referred to as ultra, ultra, low sulphur diesel.But it is illegal for road use.

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on April 12, 2015, 12:55:27 PM

So you vote the government out. If everyone decides themselves what tax they pay it would be anarchy. What you are saying is pure stupid.

Aye and a new govt will be just the same pack of wankers.

My point is, people are just trying to make ends meet. Put food on table, pay mortgages. If they survive by driving illegally on red diesel, then I don't see a problem. f**king lay off people trying to make their way in a country that's been fcuked by banks and politicans.

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2015, 03:52:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 12, 2015, 12:55:27 PM

Aye and a new govt will be just the same pack of w**kers.

My point is, people are just trying to make ends meet. Put food on table, pay mortgages. If they survive by driving illegally on red diesel, then I don't see a problem. f**king lay off people trying to make their way in a country that's been fcuked by banks and politicans.

So if I'm cash strapped I can drive without insurance maybe? Who polices this nonsense.

Bazil Douglas

Ye might want to start in the south sorting out those moral guardians Itchy, I sure you've heard the phrase,
When those who make the law break the law  in the name of the law then there is no law.