Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

seen a few people giving off on twitter about the U21 rule that stops fellas in their first year of minor playing U21. Is this a new thing?

A few lads from BC seem to be blaming this for them not being able to field against us last night.

I found it very strange to see a team not being able to field that we played in the county final the year before. I honestly thought that BC would of been a strong contender for it this season again.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 18, 2019, 08:44:21 AM
seen a few people giving off on twitter about the U21 rule that stops fellas in their first year of minor playing U21. Is this a new thing?

A few lads from BC seem to be blaming this for them not being able to field against us last night.

I found it very strange to see a team not being able to field that we played in the county final the year before. I honestly thought that BC would of been a strong contender for it this season again.

Shambles that a club that size can't field. Regardless of any rule, ridiculous as it is.

Na Glinntí Glasa

pointless game last night against Portaferry in the league. they were missing their county players and you could tell that.

have to feel a degree of sympathy for them in having to field two Wednesdays in a row in north antrim and also not having a full panel.

That being said it was a good performance from ourselves missing so many players as well with the final game this Sunday before the league splits.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Top of division two looks to be getting interesting with sarsfields beat and st endas beating Creggan.

cfclg

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2019, 11:14:27 AM
Top of division two looks to be getting interesting with sarsfields beat and st endas beating Creggan.

I think a few of the teams that got beat last night will take the defeats ok as not too many want to go up  8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: cfclg on June 20, 2019, 02:58:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2019, 11:14:27 AM

I think a few of the teams that got beat last night will take the defeats ok as not too many want to go up  8)

I think St Endas want to as do Sarsfields, Creggan not as equipped too as they have a panel that have too many dual players, Sarsfields in same bracket though. St Endas want to go up, there is no way Sambo would accept anything else, and why should he
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Dunloy 7-25 loughgiel 0-12 in the u21 championship. That isn't going to go down well in loughgiel!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 24, 2019, 10:08:12 PM
Dunloy 7-25 loughgiel 0-12 in the u21 championship. That isn't going to go down well in loughgiel!

Haven't seen Cushendall at this level but fancied the Johnnies, Dunloy are currently, at this level, untouchable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

the game was over in the first 5 mins of the game. we were 3-02 to 0-00 up and it killed the game off completely as a contest.

it was a game that as a supporter we get to enjoy how good a crop of players we have there and some of their hurling was a joy to watch. Michael mcGarry from Lgiel had a good game tagging 7 points for his effort.

Cdall will be a tough final as i fancied St Johns to win that game. they had a fair chunk of senior players in their squad so i thought they would have too much for the Dall.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

You playing it cool dr...

I was surprised to see cushendall win as St. John's looked to have quite a few seniors in there( well from reading reports). Cushendall always seem to tick over well at these kind of levels.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 25, 2019, 10:04:33 AM

I was surprised to see cushendall win as St. John's looked to have quite a few seniors in there( well from reading reports). Cushendall always seem to tick over well at these kind of levels.

i learned my lessons last year. I got carried away before the senior semi final and ended up having to suck eggs over it lol  :D

but yes we enjoyed last night down to how good these young lads are. they love to pass the ball and are all pushing each other to get into that senior team which has made them all very competitive and train that much harder.

Cushendall always seem to get a result against the Johnies esp when they are not favourites or they are backed into a corner.

has anyone any idea when the final is?
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 25, 2019, 10:47:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 25, 2019, 10:04:33 AM

i learned my lessons last year. I got carried away before the senior semi final and ended up having to suck eggs over it lol  :D

but yes we enjoyed last night down to how good these young lads are. they love to pass the ball and are all pushing each other to get into that senior team which has made them all very competitive and train that much harder.

Cushendall always seem to get a result against the Johnies esp when they are not favourites or they are backed into a corner.

has anyone any idea when the final is?

Apparently there is no final now  :o

As I see it

Cushendall have pulled out of the final , what a joke after Ballycastle conceding the the QF.Loughguile were missing a few but at least they fielded.For a few years Dunloy took heavy defeats at this level but not once did we consider not playing.

imtommygunn

What is going on there? Seems very strange to happen for a final having got that far.

paddyjohn

Cushendall asked for the final to be put back a week and the county said no.