Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2016, 11:39:03 PM
Tyrone had enough chances to win two games.
Missed 17 scoring chances over the game which is shocking.

A lot of celebration from Mayo - but they looked a poor enough team.
They will probably get to the final but it will be the same old story again im afraid
A team that can take their chances (Dublin/Kerry)- will beat them by 5/6 points.
Well someone has to lose don't they.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Wildweasel74

At the end of the the day Tyrone have been beat by a team with 1 actually good forward ( C O`Connor) and a midfielder filling in as a forward, Doherty, Dillon and Moran would not start many a county team ( past their best), D O`Connor got compared to Michael Donnellan on another topic, think we can put that one to rest.

So that sums up where Tyrone are at, playing too many defenders who cant score. McNabb, McCann,, starve a forward line who on paper is way better than mayo, Tyrone style of play is poor, they be a better team if they set up more positive instead of all players filtering back, if the defenders were top quality you wouldn't need this style of play. I cant see how anyone thinks McNamee is a top quality fullback, too busy mouthing.

Better off out of it, Dublin could have mauled them

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on August 06, 2016, 10:36:01 PM
What a pity for Sean to exit like that. A hero

Thought it was fitting really... It was a high tackle made a meal of by the Mayo lad... Pretty much Sean's MO if we're being truthful!!!

intoDwest

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 07, 2016, 12:14:16 AM
At the end of the the day Tyrone have been beat by a team with 1 actually good forward ( C O`Connor) and a midfielder filling in as a forward, Doherty, Dillon and Moran would not start many a county team ( past their best), D O`Connor got compared to Michael Donnellan on another topic, think we can put that one to rest.

So that sums up where Tyrone are at, playing too many defenders who cant score. McNabb, McCann,, starve a forward line who on paper is way better than mayo, Tyrone style of play is poor, they be a better team if they set up more positive instead of all players filtering back, if the defenders were top quality you wouldn't need this style of play. I cant see how anyone thinks McNamee is a top quality fullback, too busy mouthing.

Better off out of it, Dublin could have mauled them

Bitter them lemons

Wildweasel74

When Pat Gilroy took over Dublin back in 2009/10 they had a serious issue slabbering, gloading, and fist pumping, First thing Gilroy done was come down hard on it and how it practically non-existent, so how come Mickey Harte is not capable of doing the same with his own players?

Continually an on going problem, just like Donegal, Harte in my opinion basically condones all the underhand sledging his team fortakes in by not moving to eradicate it, same i say of Gallagher and Jim Mcguinness before him, its pathetic to watch on tv sometimes.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: longballin on August 06, 2016, 11:56:26 PM
Quote from: jp2020 on August 06, 2016, 08:53:09 PM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 06, 2016, 08:32:10 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/its-a-shame-that-hed-be-a-victim-to-someone-else-enticing-him-like-that-mickey-harte-on-sean-cavanagh-red-card-34944332.html
Cringe!! Sean has mastered getting cards for other players by whatever means and we've never complained, sometimes what goes around comes around. In the past few years he has started to get involved in things he shouldn't, even in club games Mickey should know that there are players in the current team and in past teams that have targetted big players on other teams and he hasnt condemned them!
Mickey really should do whats right and congratulate the winning team, this just stinks of sour grapes!
Typical begrudgery... McNamee spent whole match goading Moran and O'Shea. Swings and roundabouts
Hard to get the full picture whenever you watching on TV but there seemed to be a serious amount of sledging going on by a number of the Tyrone defenders (not saying Mayo were Angels just that it was more obvious from Tyrone )

rrhf

ZeitChrist

The Mayo management deserve some credit for how this played out. They seemed to know the Tyrone system inside out and they got the best out of all the key battles. They made great use of the bench as well. The only criticism I'd have is if management were the ones who told the players to hold onto possession and pass back and forth aimlessly in the last 5 minutes or so. That's risky business when you're only a point up and it could have backfired. Mayo had an extra man at that point. They should have kicked another score or two, because they could have. I doubt they're worrying too much about that now though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on August 06, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 06, 2016, 09:27:36 PM
Mayo came out in the second half as demons and that was the difference. Those first 10 minutes set the platform. They had more leaders and any time Tyrone made inroads they responded immediately. Fair play to the hardened men of Mayo and hope upon hope you lift it.

I'll tell you something, if we are a point up in a Final against Kerry/Dublin, with seconds to go, and there is a back pass to Clarke like that, there will be a sudden rapid decline in the population of the county and it's exiles.

I hear you brother, I hear you!  ;D

omagh_gael

Not long home, bitterly disappointed with how things panned out. Huge congratulations to Mayo, always give it a 100% on the pitch and backed by a great bunch of supporters.

Two things leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Firstly, the ridiculousness of our free taking set up and how this is crucifying us and secondly this shite some of our defenders are at. Ronan McNamee has to take a long hard look at himself after the bullshit I witnessed in the first half in front of me. He made a great dispossession of AoS when first ball came in but made a total dick of himself with his actions afterwards. I really struggle to understand what advantage he thinks he gains from it. Does he really think the forward Will cower away for the remainder of the game? Justy McMahon is another serial offender and is one of the most civil lads you could meet off the pitch. I help coach the u-6s in my local club and if I saw them at that when they were older I'd haul them off immediately and give them a kick up the hole.

Lots to discuss but needed to get that off my chest. Really do hope the Mayo bucks go on and win the thing. However, watching the dubs afterwards doesn't fill me with confidence.

omaghjoe

One thing I can say tho is that the players can all hold their heads high they looked like they gave their all out there and were absolutely gutted at the end.

I remember Dublin beating Cork a few years  back in a quarter final and the Cork players just looked they lost a league match.

stew

First of all well done Mayo, that was easily their best day at the office the year, that said the standard of tackling by Mayo was abysmal and I fancy Tipp to beat them.

Tyrone had 31 shots and 12 scores, that is shocking in itself but why they do not have a proven free taker on the park is beyond me, I thought they were the better team overall but thanks to inept free taking and bad wides their summer is over!

I would love to see whichever team wins between Mayo and Tipp kick on and win it but to me Dublin are the class of the field.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lenny

Quote from: stew on August 07, 2016, 06:08:12 AM
First of all well done Mayo, that was easily their best day at the office the year, that said the standard of tackling by Mayo was abysmal and I fancy Tipp to beat them.

Tyrone had 31 shots and 12 scores, that is shocking in itself but why they do not have a proven free taker on the park is beyond me, I thought they were the better team overall but thanks to inept free taking and bad wides their summer is over!

I would love to see whichever team wins between Mayo and Tipp kick on and win it but to me Dublin are the class of the field.

Tyrones lack of a free taker has been obvious for a number of seasons. Their system is also far too rigid and defensive. It works well when the other team is naive enough to run into traffic and Tyrone can counter attack into space. Both Donegal and Mayo were able to hold onto possession for long periods without Tyrone pushing out on them. Great to see mccarron missing an absolute sitter to draw the game at the end.

sam03/05

The decision to allow Niall Morgan to hit that free at the end was crazy.
It was not even within his range (55 meters out) - he had missed everything all day -
At the very most it was about a 20% chance. I would say his overall conversion rate is no more than 1 in 4.
Should have took it quick - got it to Peter Harte and let him run it.

Tyrone really only have themselves to blame.